Poser World

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Janet, Aug 26, 2018.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Sounds like a good idea. They get to keep selling their models, we get to keep buying them, and they forego the cost of maintaining their own store.

2. Janet

Janet Extraordinary Contributing Artist

I know someone else that was banned for talking bad about them on a forum.

Lifetime membership is a business model that can't sustain itself I think. Still don't offer it in the first place.

I figured they would find a home for all their products.

3. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Ah, there you go! Now you're going to start me up. Actually, I don't have anything really bad to say about PoserWorld. I love their models, buildings and vehicles. I do have a little issue with their clothes though. I don't know whether it's Steve or Allan that models the clothes, but whoever it is seems to have gone to the Tony Vilter's school of Poser Clothing modeling. I kid Tony, but he does like to add shoes or boots to his clothing. I first ran into that style of modeling with some PoserWorld clothing for V4. I couldn't make the shoes act right or make them follow the legs and feet. For that reason, to this very day, I don't buy any clothes with the shoes already modeled in.

4. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Is Vanishing Point a site? If so, may I please have link?

5. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Check my directory under Online Stores: Vendor Owned.

6. Leana

Leana Admirable

Honnestly I'm not either...
    Definitely... The multiple mails asking for donations to help pay for the servers were at least related to the site so it was understandable (though I really didn't like the guilt-tripping tone of the requests). But using your customer base to raise funds for a personal issue is very bad business practise IMO.
    Comments about it on their FB page were also removed without answer.

7. ockham

ockham Member

End of an era is right! They will be closing Sept 30. I'm glad you caught this in time... I had forgotten about them because they had previously been members-only.

8. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Here you go Rowan --> Vanishing Point Store

9. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Thanks! Have saved a link to it.

10. Miss B

I don't shop there very often, but they have some very good vendors selling at that store, as well as the VP group themselves depending, of course, on what you're looking for.

11. Got an email from VP about Poserworld two days ago.

--------
    Recent News: Vanishing Point and DreamCutter have partnered to purchase the rest of the PoserWorld assets.

Vanishing Point and DreamCutter are happy to announce that we`ve finalized a deal with PoserWord to acquire the rest of their products, their site, and their databases.

In the coming weeks, our team will be rebuilding the PoserWorld site on a new server. This means all the previous products will be available for sale once again. We will also do our best to rebuild the customer database which means everyone will be able to re-download all of their previous purchases whenever they like. In fact, all of your customer information and purchase history should remain the same.

We`ll also be upgrading and converting many products to other formats and selling them at the usual marketplace sites. If you have a favorite model that you`d like upgraded or converted to DAZ Studio, just let us know!
    ----------

12. Miss B

Thanks for posting this Jeanne, as I'm sure folks will find it very interesting.