• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser World

Terre

Renowned
It may now be location dependent. I'm in the US. What I get is a pro store front page with a short list of professional clients they've worked for in the past and contact info for ordering custom work. The hobby/ small time pro Poser site people have known for nearly 20 years is gone.
They're listing Disney as one of their past clients for example.

Hornet3d

Wise
The link seems to be intermittent, I have used the link with success but today all I get is a 'site cannot be reached message.

It is unfortunately another Poser resource that has been lost. It seems a two edge sword at the moment, we are losing marketplaces and good vendors but those vendors still working with Poser certainly seemed to have upped their game. There are some really good content out there and at some good prices if you are prepared to wait for a sale.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It may now be location dependent. I'm in the US. What I get is a pro store front page with a short list of professional clients they've worked for in the past and contact info for ordering custom work. The hobby/ small time pro Poser site people have known for nearly 20 years is gone.
They're listing Disney as one of their past clients for example.
That's what I've been seeing since the announcement, and there's a popup message about their closing down the old site.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's sure an end of an era. However I wonder if other Poser places are popping up. I know there's a lot of activity on Facebook.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
They realised that their old business model wasn't working for them, and adapted to find something that did work.

There's a difference between those creating as a hobby and posting stuff for free or charging enough to recoup some of their costs, and those making a living from it. Those in the latter category are going to have to get to grips with the way the online market is changing, and is likely to change in the future, to keep making a living that way. For some- not all- that means moving away from the now-traditional online shop.

eclark1894

Visionary
They realised that their old business model wasn't working for them, and adapted to find something that did work.

There's a difference between those creating as a hobby and posting stuff for free or charging enough to recoup some of their costs, and those making a living from it. Those in the latter category are going to have to get to grips with the way the online market is changing, and is likely to change in the future, to keep making a living that way. For some- not all- that means moving away from the now-traditional online shop.
The market is diversifying. It was different when Poser was the only game in town. And even when DS first started up, DAZ wa controlling the content market and everyone was making things based on that dynamic. Then DS and Poser went their separate ways AND other companies started picking off the market around the edges.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I just get this

upload_2018-8-31_15-13-43.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I get a similar message saying site cannot be found and the IP address cannot be resolved.
This is what I'm seeing from my directory link. Apparently the store will close , but the site will remain. I'm still wondering how or if I should continue to list them.
upload_2018-9-1_6-17-49.png

Terre

Renowned
i don't get the popup because I have NoScript running. Otherwise that's what I see.
It looks like on October 1st you need to stop listing them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
This is what I'm seeing from my directory link. Apparently the store will close , but the site will remain. I'm still wondering how or if I should continue to list them.
That's what I see as well Earl, and from what I'm understanding, I don't think you'll need to list them in your directory after October 1st, as it looks to me like they'll only be doing commission work thereafter, so won't be catering to the everyday Poser user, whether that user is a hobbyist or content creator.

charliejudge

Inspired
I hate to see any of the small stores go but I'm not entirely surprised that Poserworld is closing. Some of their business practices such as his solicitations for help with Alan's wife's medical bills seemed a bit questionable. Then sometime ago Alan completely closed the download area for lifetime members without notice; and when I complained to him Alan's response was to remove and block my account so I couldn't purchase anything from the store.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I totally forgot about that, but now that you mention it, I remember his solicitations for help with his wife's medical bills.

It's one thing to mention a family member is in a bad way medically, and those reading about it decide to contribute, but to actually ask for financial help like that, especially on a site that's supposedly making you money, is a bit in bad taste if you ask me.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
The poserworld link is working for me now and I get the same screen as Earl. They have some bargain priced stuff for Dawn and Dusk, I might buy some while they are still available.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here's an update folks . . . I just read a post on the Renderosity forum from someone who got an email from Vanishing Point that states:

"I received today an email from Vanishing Point saying that 'Vanishing Point is excited to announce that as of this weekend, September 22, 2018, we have agreed to acquire over 500 assets from PoserWorld. These include buildings, military models, furniture and household items, sports and recreation, transportation, plants, and clothing for figures such as M4, V4, and Dawn. All of these models are in Poser format and should work in all versions of Poser from version 6 and above. We'll also further develop these assets into other formats, such at DAZ Studio, Vue d'Esprit, obj / 3ds, and more'."

This sounds like really good news.