• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser World

eclark1894

Visionary
Here's an update folks . . . I just read a post on the Renderosity forum from someone who got an email from Vanishing Point that states:

"I received today an email from Vanishing Point saying that 'Vanishing Point is excited to announce that as of this weekend, September 22, 2018, we have agreed to acquire over 500 assets from PoserWorld. These include buildings, military models, furniture and household items, sports and recreation, transportation, plants, and clothing for figures such as M4, V4, and Dawn. All of these models are in Poser format and should work in all versions of Poser from version 6 and above. We'll also further develop these assets into other formats, such at DAZ Studio, Vue d'Esprit, obj / 3ds, and more'."

This sounds like really good news.
Sounds like a good idea. They get to keep selling their models, we get to keep buying them, and they forego the cost of maintaining their own store.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I hate to see any of the small stores go but I'm not entirely surprised that Poserworld is closing. Some of their business practices such as his solicitations for help with Alan's wife's medical bills seemed a bit questionable. Then sometime ago Alan completely closed the download area for lifetime members without notice; and when I complained to him Alan's response was to remove and block my account so I couldn't purchase anything from the store.

I know someone else that was banned for talking bad about them on a forum.

Lifetime membership is a business model that can't sustain itself I think. Still don't offer it in the first place.

I figured they would find a home for all their products.

eclark1894

Visionary
I know someone else that was banned for talking bad about them on a forum.
Ah, there you go! Now you're going to start me up. Actually, I don't have anything really bad to say about PoserWorld. I love their models, buildings and vehicles. I do have a little issue with their clothes though. I don't know whether it's Steve or Allan that models the clothes, but whoever it is seems to have gone to the Tony Vilter's school of Poser Clothing modeling. I kid Tony, but he does like to add shoes or boots to his clothing. I first ran into that style of modeling with some PoserWorld clothing for V4. I couldn't make the shoes act right or make them follow the legs and feet. For that reason, to this very day, I don't buy any clothes with the shoes already modeled in.

Leana

Enthusiast
I hate to see any of the small stores go but I'm not entirely surprised that Poserworld is closing.
Honnestly I'm not either...
Some of their business practices such as his solicitations for help with Alan's wife's medical bills seemed a bit questionable.
Definitely... The multiple mails asking for donations to help pay for the servers were at least related to the site so it was understandable (though I really didn't like the guilt-tripping tone of the requests). But using your customer base to raise funds for a personal issue is very bad business practise IMO.
Then sometime ago Alan completely closed the download area for lifetime members without notice; and when I complained to him Alan's response was to remove and block my account so I couldn't purchase anything from the store.
Comments about it on their FB page were also removed without answer.

ockham

End of an era is right! They will be closing Sept 30. I'm glad you caught this in time... I had forgotten about them because they had previously been members-only.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't shop there very often, but they have some very good vendors selling at that store, as well as the VP group themselves depending, of course, on what you're looking for.

Got an email from VP about Poserworld two days ago.

--------
Recent News: Vanishing Point and DreamCutter have partnered to purchase the rest of the PoserWorld assets.

Vanishing Point and DreamCutter are happy to announce that we`ve finalized a deal with PoserWord to acquire the rest of their products, their site, and their databases.

In the coming weeks, our team will be rebuilding the PoserWorld site on a new server. This means all the previous products will be available for sale once again. We will also do our best to rebuild the customer database which means everyone will be able to re-download all of their previous purchases whenever they like. In fact, all of your customer information and purchase history should remain the same.

We`ll also be upgrading and converting many products to other formats and selling them at the usual marketplace sites. If you have a favorite model that you`d like upgraded or converted to DAZ Studio, just let us know!
----------

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for posting this Jeanne, as I'm sure folks will find it very interesting.

PoserWorld

New-Bee
Important: POSERWORLD LIFETIME MEMBERS please REGISTER with PoserWorld.com and create a Support Ticket to be able to shop and gain Gold Membership Plan benifits and download Club Classics for free ($0.00). Please register and submit a ticket with PoserWorld.com if you have questions or need help. ACT FAST, interim 3DFIG.COM SERVER will Close by February 1, 2021
We also have 3 new PoserWorld Club Classics Download membership plans, Gold - unlimited, Silver - 150, and Bronze - 50 downloads; all now available for those who need a lot of Poser 3d content on demand.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Important: POSERWORLD LIFETIME MEMBERS please REGISTER with PoserWorld.com and create a Support Ticket to be able to shop and gain Gold Membership Plan benifits and download Club Classics for free ($0.00). Please register and submit a ticket with PoserWorld.com if you have questions or need help. ACT FAST, interim 3DFIG.COM SERVER will Close by February 1, 2021
We also have 3 new PoserWorld Club Classics Download membership plans, Gold - unlimited, Silver - 150, and Bronze - 50 downloads; all now available for those who need a lot of Poser 3d content on demand.
Please be advised that this is the one and only post you will be allowed to make of this kind. Thank you for your understanding.