• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser sold to Rendo

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
wow.jpg

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Given how many times I've seen stuff sold and then changed into something non-useable, this is likely to make everyone concerned until we actually see what Renderosity does with Poser.
I'm also wondering about Content Paradise going away and then Smith-Micro selling Poser. Smith Micro getting out of 3D entirely?
Though if they are, of the 3D places left, Renderosity would be one of the better ones to pass Poser onto.
I'm going to be "wait and see" about this.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I think maybe it's a good thing as at least Renderosity has people who can chock the program full of great content and can market it successfully our guys also are a huge asset as well, and to target audiences as more per what content they want, but shrug dunno. I wonder how that is going to effect the release of Poser 12? FB link to the article on Renderosity.

Renderosity acquires Poser from Smith Micro

Back to grinding out promo images!

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Given how many times I've seen stuff sold and then changed into something non-useable, this is likely to make everyone concerned until we actually see what Renderosity does with Poser.
I'm also wondering about Content Paradise going away and then Smith-Micro selling Poser. Smith Micro getting out of 3D entirely?
Though if they are, of the 3D places left, Renderosity would be one of the better ones to pass Poser onto.
I'm going to be "wait and see" about this.
I'll wait and see as well, but Content Paradise is another story. It didn't really go anywhere. It's content was transferred (mostly) to Renderosity. But I do want to see what Renderosity's plans for Poser are.

Meanwhile, I may consider shutting down the http://3D Content Directory.com .

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow! That's great news! I am hopeful for what can come from this.

I hope that as priority lists for further software development are created that tools for content creators are at the top of the list. It is frustrating to have to leave the program and use other utilities to do certain things. Since content is what keeps the program alive it would make sense to make things as easy as possible for content creators. This is something Daz has done well and something I would like to see in Poser, too.

Looking forward to what's next!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The more I think about this the more I think it's going to be great for Poser. Since moving my Millennium products to Renderosity I've site mailed Jenn Blake about five times. She really responsive and accessible. Isn't she CEO of Rendo?

That's right Napalm, they will probably add a lot of cool content too.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

I hope that as priority lists for further software development are created that tools for content creators at at the top of the list. It is frustrating to have to leave the program and use other utilities to do certain things. Since content is what keeps the program alive it would make sense to make things as easy as possible for content creators. This is something Daz has done well and something I would like to see in Poser, too.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!! =)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees

I hope that as priority lists for further software development are created that tools for content creators at at the top of the list. It is frustrating to have to leave the program and use other utilities to do certain things. Since content is what keeps the program alive it would make sense to make things as easy as possible for content creators. This is something Daz has done well and something I would like to see in Poser, too.

As an answer to your creation question, I can be helpful with regard to La Femme (and content creation going forward).

La Femme 1.1 was released today.

Not to worry, everything that worked on La Femme 1 still works just fine.

But, we do have some additions to the DEV kits that will make rigging much simpler and faster for those who work with conforming clothing. Included with her are 2 high resolution DEV kits that are rigged practically from head to toe. Rigging is a quick trip to the Setup Room after importing your object and transferring the bones to you clothing.

Clothing comes out of the Setup Room like this. This image is from Import Object>Setup Room>Transfer Rig>Pose Room>Pose>Render.

DressDevRig.jpg

And, long dresses like this:
RCDress.jpg

The HR DEV Suit does the same thing with shoes (modeled to a flat foot). Once again, from Import object to Setup to Pose & Render:
RiggedShoes.jpg

These HR DEV Kits are included in the La Femme 1.1 files, which are updates to current owners for free.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE

This will only make me happy if R'osity gets the old, great, dev team back working on Poser. They were all dismissed for a new dev team, and we STILL haven't seen anything for Poser 12. It's been months, until today, that anyone from SM has posted on the SM Poser forum about anything related to Poser development.

Speaking of which, what is going to happen to the very active SM Poser forum, now that SM doesn't own the software. There's 2 1/2 years worth of major contributions of information on that forum, and if it disappears, it's going to be a horror show!!

/end rant

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
As an answer to your creation question, I can be helpful with regard to La Femme (and content creation going forward).

La Femme 1.1 was released today.

Not to worry, everything that worked on La Femme 1 still works just fine.

But, we do have some additions to the DEV kits that will make rigging much simpler and faster for those who work with conforming clothing. Included with her are 2 high resolution DEV kits that are rigged practically from head to toe. Rigging is a quick trip to the Setup Room after importing your object and transferring the bones to you clothing.

Clothing comes out of the Setup Room like this. This image is from Import Object>Setup Room>Transfer Rig>Pose Room>Pose>Render.

View attachment 47696

And, long dresses like this:
View attachment 47697

The HR DEV Suit does the same thing with shoes (modeled to a flat foot). Once again, from Import object to Setup to Pose & Render:
View attachment 47698

These HR DEV Kits are included in the La Femme 1.1 files, which are updates to current owners for free.

Wow! That's great news!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This will only make me happy if R'osity gets the old, great, dev team back working on Poser. They were all dismissed for a new dev team, and we STILL haven't seen anything for Poser 12. It's been months, until today, that anyone from SM has posted on the SM Poser forum about anything related to Poser development.

Speaking of which, what is going to happen to the very active SM Poser forum, now that SM doesn't own the software. There's 2 1/2 years worth of major contributions of information on that forum, and if it disappears, it's going to be a horror show!!

/end rant

Yah. Hopefully it can be moved. Google still comes up with posts from the RDNA forum for questions I have.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
This will only make me happy if R'osity gets the old, great, dev team back working on Poser

I agree, Smith-Micro with its financial difficulty dumped the development team and gave it over to some app programmers who didn't have a clue what to do, hence all the patches which broke more than they fixed.

Getting some of the programmers back who know about some of the 20+ years of legacy coding in the product is key to its continued success.

I've been using Poser for quite a while and have seen the ownership changes. I used it since Fractal Design first marketed it, through MetaCreations, Curious Labs, eFrontier and Smith Micro, so I say "Congrats" to Renderosity, I know they been after Poser for a while and believe they will do right as its new owners.

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
Just so folks will know, it's taking reward coupons to help bring down the upgrade price even more...but it was very slow processing the purchase.

My initial reaction was much like CWRW's cat picture above . . .

Anybody heard how this will affect the perpetual activation thing?

:unsure:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I agree, Smith-Micro with its financial difficulty dumped the development team and gave it over to some app programmers who didn't have a clue what to do, hence all the patches which broke more than they fixed.

Getting back some of the programmers back who know about some of the 20+ years of legacy coding in the product is key to its continued success.

I've been using Poser for quite a while and have seen the ownership changes. I used it since Fractal Design first marketed it, through MetaCreations, Curious Labs, eFrontier and Smith Micro, so I say "Congrats" to Renderosity, I know they been after Poser for a while and believe they will do right as its new owners.

Yeah, Ken, I think the first chore is going to be to roll back the latest update (build 35540) to Build 35510. The Portugal programmers screwed up conforming in that 35540 build.

Frankly, their updates were a complete disaster.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bondware, Inc. is an Internet marketing service in Murfreesboro, Tennessee?

Better Business Bureau has this description
According to information supplied by the company, it offers software to design, build and administer web sites that provide easy content management, including creation and updating of website text and graphics. Also provides E-mail accounts. All software and resulting websites are hosted on Bondware servers. Customers include, but are not limited to, Associations, Online Newspapers, Small Businesses, Corporate Intranets, Hospitals/Healthcare, Consultants, and Entrepreneurs.​

According to RocketReach.co, Bondware Inc employs 30 employees. The Bondware Inc management team includes Robert Neal (Sales Manager), Jennifer Blake (Administrator), and Carolyn Hunter (Support/Design/Sales).

I wonder if they are hiring ... and if you'd have to relocate to Tennessee ...
(Note to my boss ... no. I'm not considering applying elsewhere! You're stuck with me until I retire or you decide to get rid of me like Smith Micro got rid of the Poser development team)

Here is the Renderosity Magazine article Renderosity acquires Poser from Smith Micro

For a limited time, Poser Pro 11 will be offered at $199 USD and an upgrade to Poser Pro 11 will be $99 USD through Renderosity.com and Posersoftware.com.

Um ... I should read more carefully. NapalmArsenal already posted the Renderosity Magazine link :wink: I stumbled on it in the third or fourth page or results.

I've not been crazy about the last several years of Smith Micro ownership of Poser, and the decision to replace the long time development team didn't seem like a very bright move. I mean ... who does that? It would be cool if some of the old team returned. While "new blood" has its merits, you really need developers and management with history.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, Ken, I think the first chore is going to be to roll back the latest update (build 35540) to Build 35510. The Portugal programmers screwed up conforming in that 35540 build.

Frankly, their updates were a complete disaster.
Oh, I haven't updated since 11.0.7.33999, and now use an External Library because of one of the updates.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've not been crazy about the last several years of Smith Micro ownership of Poser, and the decision to replace the long time development team didn't seem like a very bright move. I mean ... who does that? It would be cool if some of the old team returned. While "new blood" has its merits, you really need developers and management with history.
YES!! Exactly, what I'm thinking, because the long time dev team knew what they were doing!

Here's hoping R'osity does the right thing where this is concerned.
FingersCrossed.png

Semicharm

Eager
The transfer of stuff from Content Paradise probably was a sign of a larger shift between the two. This at least makes La Femme a 1st party figure now. Will she end up in the main runtime install with Roxie and Pauline? My biggest concern is about how they are going to manage the licenses and updates.