• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser sold to Rendo

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think La Femme will become part of the main Runtime like Pauline and the other Poser included characters. SmithMicro didn't create La Femme, and had nothing to do with her, so I can't see why that would happen.

True that RPublishing is one of the vendors involved with La Femme's development, but their products aren't part of the Poser included items either, so I really don't see that happening.

As far as the licenses and updates go, I'd like to know that as well, so it will be interesting to see what further information we get about this move.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I don't think La Femme will become part of the main Runtime like Pauline and the other Poser included characters. SmithMicro didn't create La Femme, and had nothing to do with her, so I can't see why that would happen.

True that RPublishing is one of the vendors involved with La Femme's development, but their products aren't part of the Poser included items either, so I really don't see that happening.

SM was yesterday. Renderosity owns Poser now so they can do whatever they want.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true, but since there were so many vendors involved in her creation, I don't really see that happening. Then again, you never know what R'osity will decide to do about that, but I certainly hope not.

I've always thought of RPublishing as Renderosity's version of DAZ Originals, and those products not necessarily part of their respective software packages.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't see that as HiveWire 3D is the vendor who created them. Then again, it might be something Lisa and Chris would like to happen, so we'll have to wait and see.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't see that as HiveWire 3D is the vendor who created them. Then again, it might be something Lisa and Chris would like to happen, so we'll have to wait and see.
I actually suggested that back when Smith Micro still owned Poser, but apparently (I don't know who as I wasn't involved) neither Chris or SM could agree on some issues.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

As far as the licenses and updates go, I'd like to know that as well, so it will be interesting to see what further information we get about this move.
Even if La Femme doesn't come with Poser, I think they will make new default characters that are better than the ones they have (lets hope anyway!)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Even if La Femme doesn't come with Poser, I think they will make new default characters that are better than the ones they have (lets hope anyway!)
One can hope Rae. I'd like to see them remove any male/female characters prior to those introduced with P10/PP2014, as they are sooooo old, and only a couple of them, like Roxie, are stilled used. If they get the old dev team back, that's something they can definitely do, if R'osity, of course, gives them the go-ahead.

eclark1894

Visionary
One can hope Rae. I'd like to see them remove any male/female characters prior to those introduced with P10/PP2014, as they are sooooo old, and only a couple of them, like Roxie, are stilled used. If they get the old dev team back, that's something they can definitely do, if R'osity, of course, gives them the go-ahead.
I don't know. I use the older models in crowd or distance scenes to populate a scene. They're low resolution and require less resources. They don't bend as well, but they do adapt to Superfly rather well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, for that use they would be fine. I don't do much in the way of renders where I need a crowd, or folks in the distance of a scene, but I'm sure there are folks who do utilize them in that manner. Of course, if they want to, they could always zip them up, and offer them as a free download for those who do use them often.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL... about that pic- I had gotten up VERY early this morning to head to the Wild Animal Sanctuary and was not awake at all (I'm more of a night owl) when I saw the orignal post:) I don't drink coffee either, so let's just say I was a bit shocked and speechless:) I do think it could turn out to be a very good thing- I do hope they get smart and re-hire the wonderful developers who know it so well and keep it going well. Def a plus for Poser content for sure.

Semicharm

Eager
I don't know. I use the older models in crowd or distance scenes to populate a scene. They're low resolution and require less resources. They don't bend as well, but they do adapt to Superfly rather well.
I never understood the way Poser divided the installers between figure, clothes, hair, etc. If you've been around for a few versions, then most of all three was just the same stuff you already had...several times over! They should have made it an option to just install new stuff and made the rest optional for those who wanted it and didn't already have it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I guess they feel the way they do it is good for n00bs to Poser, but you're right, just updating the main software, and then whatever you "want" to update, isn't a bad idea for those who are just upgrading, or side-grading, from another version.

Semicharm

Eager
Unless Poser 12 comes with some hot new features that merit a new figure, I don't see the point of reinventing the wheel--especially if it will be yet another half-assed figure. (Pauline was better than most ...) Maybe a LaFemme 2 with an easy way to refit original clothes. Dawn 2 would be interesting, but I don't see that happening.

DanaTA

Distinguished
How long ago did they let go of the original programmers? I ask because, having been in the programming field, I have to say that it is likely they have found new jobs elsewhere and would be reluctant to take a chance on going back, especially if they have gotten better pay and benefits since then.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well Chuck Taylor (a/k/a Nerd3D) is also a vendor in the R'osity store, as well as a moderator on the R'osity forums. Tony Vilters does a lot of YouTube videos about different subjects concerning Poser, Blender, and several other goodies. He was also an active member of the SM Poser forum, so not sure what type of "work" he's doing. Teyon hasn't been very active on any of the forums, so he may very well have gone on to another company, but the only way they'll know is by trying to get in touch and asking.