• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser sold to Rendo

Hornet3d

Wise
I am still having TONs of crashes with 289, like I have never seen before since the times of Poser 6 (the "crash-master").

Which I am not having with .272 and why I have decided to stick there as long as Poser still runs. I guess when you go forward there is no way back and you can only stick there or go forward.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I downloaded yesterday's update, but haven't installed it yet. I've been running .296 for over a week now without issues.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So loaded up the new Poser 11.2.2XX and loaded up Dusk. He looks very odd to me. Like the maps are not right nor the body shape, like he's too buff and his pelvis and thighs are gaped. Any quick fixes for this. Been a while and don't have a clue as to what's going on here. Gracias!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Weirdly enough, I'm not experiencing anything like that but Dusk looks horrible! :-(

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey Rich, I just loaded up Dusk, and injected his Base and Starter morphs, and he looks fine to me. He is buff, though I haven't spun any of the dials to make him look buff.

Excuse the lighting, as I just did this quickly.

Dusk-Test.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Glad he's working for you. This is what I have in the main viewport. Notice the thigh gaps and the mess with the maps. I went into the material room and SEEMS to be stemming from the Subsurface maps... they look really wonky in the little preview box that's at the bottom of the Advanced tab in the main Poser Surfaces module.

Dusk Viewport Poser.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've never been happy with how Dusk's textures look on load. But, they render beautifully, so it's something whacky just with the preview. How is your Dusk rendering?

Granted, what I'm seeing isn't near as bad as what you see, but that may be a difference in our lighting.

I should note too that this is Dusk pre Poser 11.2. I haven't downloaded and installed the HiveWire content since I already have it installed.

Preview
1570949263536.png

Render (Firefly)
1570949390709.png

Hornet3d

Wise
It's crashing so much, so I will update because it can't get any worse than this.

Not a nice place to be in but I understand you have little option at this point. I know the latest version is working well for some but your situation makes me very wary about updating unless it is done to fix something that is giving me issues, as in your case.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, I just did 2 quick screenshots in Preview Mode, and I'm not seeing issues with his skin textures at all, and I too am using my already installed DuskSE.

Dusk-Test-FrontPreview.jpg

Dusk-Test-BackPreview.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Those are normal map issues. Need to be set at gamma 1 in the texture node.
DuskSE has displayed like this since his introduction. The normal maps are all set to 1.00 gamma. It doesn't change the preview at all.

He renders fine, but on load his textures in preview are awful - regardless if you have render settings at Firefly or Supefly. I created a simple material file to load for content creation because one cannot even rig with the display like this.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I should have said it's Dusk SE... he does render normally but why is the preview such a mess with the zipper back and the uneven looking texture layout? I really hope that 'Rosity can fix this preview issue in a future update. It's quite off putting!

Dusk SE Poser.jpg

willyb53

Motivated
The preview display problem with Dusk SE 'seems" to be with the value in the gradient bump which is used for then normal value. Poser has a known problem if the value is not 1.0

Bill

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Preview display mode is always hit or miss and is greatly affected by your graphics card's support and implementation of various Open GL and Direct X features. If you have content that displays strangely you can try to open the Preview mode settings and changing options to see if it helps (sometimes switching from Open GL to Sreed or vice versa will fix issues). This has always been an issue in Poser - if you had a different version of Poser on the same machine and did not see this - if you can access it open it an take note of the preview mode settings to transfer to Poser 11.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The preview display problem with Dusk SE 'seems" to be with the value in the gradient bump which is used for then normal value. Poser has a known problem if the value is not 1.0

Bill
I tried that but the issue remained. I'll try again, perhaps I didn't set it quite right.

As for video cards. I use a mid range NVIDIA card since DAZ Studio is darned picky and have the drivers always up to date!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I see!

NOT that you would do this for reals, but I disconnected the Gradient Bump node, and voila ... beautiful looking preview.

1570984452593.png

1570984540259.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's why Dawn SE looks so good and Dusk SE doesn't in preview mode. Dusk is using Gradient_Bump with normal maps, while Dawn is using Bump.

I always just change to one of my texture sets (which doesn't use Gradient_Bump) for Dusk when I'm working with Dusk.

Miss B, isn't your laptop using a different preview mode than my computer does? I forget whether you're using SreeD or whether you're laptop isn't able to use hardware antialiasing/shading/shadows.

1570985212051.png