• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 12 Is Out!!!

Poser 12 is now available!! It's classified as "pre-release software" so there are still some bugs to be worked out and there will be constant updates but I've jumped on the bandwagon and glad I did. Here's a raw render I did of a character for La Femme that I've been working on just to show you. :) When I rendered this scene in Poser 11 it took about 50 minutes (I rendered it bigger than what is posted here). It didn't take that long in Poser 12 but, uh, I fell asleep before it finished so I can't say exactly how long it took. LOL That said, I've noticed that Poser 12 renders noticeably faster than Poser 11 via Superfly and it does handle certain material nodes different. For instance, certain materials are shinier like my hair shader. I'm still playing around with it and have much more to explore. :)

fionalf.jpg

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Up in the script menue you have a script by Struture that's called TimeThis. Click that instead of the render button and you get a pop yp once the render is finished.

Hornet3d

Wise
It now seems to be stable with a number of graphic cards allowing it to render using the GPU, that makes it lightning fast my two hour renders are completing in less than 5 minutes.

Jan

Adventurous
I am now able to render using Superfly whereas before in Poser 11.3 my computer would stumble or even crash. I tried out a render of LaFemme, pretty basic a with hair and was pleasantly surprised at quick it was. A complex scene would take longer though. So far it has played well with my video card a AMD Radeon 7 M460.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am now able to render using Superfly whereas before in Poser 11.3 my computer would stumble or even crash. I tried out a render of LaFemme, pretty basic a with hair and was pleasantly surprised at quick it was. A complex scene would take longer though. So far it has played well with my video card a AMD Radeon 7 M460.

Great to hear you are finding that Poser 12 plays nicely with you video card. The more complex scenes will take a little longer but the gains are massive, I have tried it with scenes that take close on five hours to complete using the CPU but less complete in under 15 minutes using the GPU.

Like you my previous efforts in Poser 11.3 would often crash but clearly there has been a lot of work done in Poser 12 as regards GPU rendering and it will be interesting to see how it plays with the newer cards now available.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I had this morning a bit time to do some test render. Awesome fast.
Here LF with Bo hair from Bisquit, which need usually long to render in Poser 11
Till i finsihed brewing my Espresso, the render was done :D

Attachments

• Bohair.jpg
    Bohair.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 264
I rendered this the other day in Poser 12; my first full Poser 12 artwork! It's a scene I first created last year in Poser 11 but updated and enhanced for Poser 12 a few days ago. The original image is 3000x2400 pixels at 300dpi. In Poser 11 it took a little over 8 hours to render if memory serves. When I rendered it in Poser 12, it took less than 2 hours. It probably could have been done faster but I'm still trying to figure out optimal superfly settings for myself. :) I call this "Hello Harper P12". It features my D9S Harper character for La Femme. ;)

d9s-co_hello-harper.jpg

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I rendered this the other day in Poser 12; my first full Poser 12 artwork! It's a scene I first created last year in Poser 11 but updated and enhanced for Poser 12 a few days ago. The original image is 3000x2400 pixels at 300dpi. In Poser 11 it took a little over 8 hours to render if memory serves. When I rendered it in Poser 12, it took less than 2 hours. It probably could have been done faster but I'm still trying to figure out optimal superfly settings for myself. :) I call this "Hello Harper P12". It features my D9S Harper character for La Femme. ;)

View attachment 65396
Awesome render.
I am today not doing any work with packing cartons and other annoying stuff for our moving, so I have today a bit time to torture Poser 12 :whistling:
The speed is really awesome. Currently I have a scene with LF, and many plants...still fast.

What I really would love to see, the DOF improvement. The Focus Distance Guide is a pain in the neck and not useful at all.
But besides of this, great improvements so far.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Up in the script menue you have a script by Struture that's called TimeThis. Click that instead of the render button and you get a pop yp once the render is finished.

I dont have this Ghost ....

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-11-05 092732.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-11-05 092732.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 248
Awesome render.
I am today not doing any work with packing cartons and other annoying stuff for our moving, so I have today a bit time to torture Poser 12 :whistling:
The speed is really awesome. Currently I have a scene with LF, and many plants...still fast.

What I really would love to see, the DOF improvement. The Focus Distance Guide is a pain in the neck and not useful at all.
But besides of this, great improvements so far.

Thank you for your compliment on my render! :D

You're right about DOF. The python script to calculate focal distance of any object is missing in P12. I just posted in the forum to ask if it will be added back anytime soon. I hope so! DOF improvements would be a VERY welcomed addition by me as well. :)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Thank you for your compliment on my render! :D

You're right about DOF. The python script to calculate focal distance of any object is missing in P12. I just posted in the forum to ask if it will be added back anytime soon. I hope so! DOF improvements would be a VERY welcomed addition by me as well. :)
Lets hope this script will be updated. I used it in Poser 11 all the time. In my opinion DOF looks better when done in the 3D application and not in Postwork.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do wish I could afford it but my funds go for household, meds, and doctor's fees...sigh.
Being a content creator, I sure need it. :(

Hornet3d

Wise
I do wish I could afford it but my funds go for household, meds, and doctor's fees...sigh.
Being a content creator, I sure need it. :(

They have done a good job on Poser 12 but in many ways it is a nice to have rather than an essential upgrade and I suspect you are far from alone in not being able to afford or justify the purchase. Here in the UK meds are by and large free but with so many people either unemployed trying to live on a reduced salary not much is being spent on the non essentials.

eclark1894

Visionary
They have done a good job on Poser 12 but in many ways it is a nice to have rather than an essential upgrade and I suspect you are far from alone in not being able to afford or justify the purchase. Here in the UK meds are by and large free but with so many people either unemployed trying to live on a reduced salary not much is being spent on the non essentials.
I can't speak for the UK, and hey, I just got out of the hospital, so my med costs are rather high right now. But I don't see myself adopting the upgrade for now. I've read the release notes, and they haven't really made any changes I care that much about so far.

Hornet3d

Wise
I can't speak for the UK, and hey, I just got out of the hospital, so my med costs are rather high right now. But I don't see myself adopting the upgrade for now. I've read the release notes, and they haven't really made any changes I care that much about so far.

There is a charge for medication which I believe is £9.15 per item in England but they are free to children under the age of 16 (16 - 18 if in education) and also to anyone over 60, along with anyone unemployed and receiving benefits. Also free to pregnant women and many of the long term complaints such as diabetes.

Upgrading is always the judgement call, how much of the new stuff would you use, verses the cost, so many may not upgrade as they cannot justify the price even if the can afford it. I often skip and version or so of Paint Shop Pro due to the lack of meaningful changes for the way I use the program.

Hornet3d

Wise
Poser 12 updated to version 12.0.276

Not sure what i did last time but I am pleased to report that Io did the install and it picked up my runtimes and preference, something that did not happen last time. I was tempted not to do the uninstall as recommended but decided I would risk it.