• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 12 Is Out!!!

Lets hope this script will be updated. I used it in Poser 11 all the time. In my opinion DOF looks better when done in the 3D application and not in Postwork.
Did you see in the forum that I found the original python script and posted the code? One of the admins/developers fixed it and it's a simple fix! All you have to do is find the file dof_p5.py in your original Poser 11 or earlier installation. Open the file in a text editor and replace the code at the bottom with this:

Code:
scene = poser.Scene()
actor = scene.CurrentActor()
cam = scene.CurrentCamera()

p1 = actor.WorldDisplacement()
p2 = cam.LocalDisplacement()
p3 = actor.Origin()
d = (-p3[0] + p2[0]-p1[0], -p3[1] + p2[1]-p1[1], -p3[2] + p2[2]-p1[2])
mag = math.sqrt (d[0]*d[0] + d[1]*d[1] + d[2]*d[2])
print( mag * 8.85 )

The only difference is the brackets on the last statement but that's what does the trick. Copy the modified script to your Poser 12 installation similar to where it was in Poser 11. Then load the script by pressing an empty python script button in Poser 12 and ta da! It works!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wish they would make all panes docked as default with the floating and drag docking as options only.
tire of accidentally dragging a pane I forgot to dock and then it messes up Poser.
Happened a gain today and I tried everything to get it back but had to reinstall to do it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wish they would make all panes docked as default with the floating and drag docking as options only.
tire of accidentally dragging a pane I forgot to dock and then it messes up Poser.
Happened a gain today and I tried everything to get it back but had to reinstall to do it.
There's a response to your post on the Renderosity forum by adp001 with a small Python script that will supposedly help. Go check it out.

You can turn off that off for each panel (I know it's a pain but you only need do it once).
Just click the tiny arrow on the upper right corner of each box and uncheck "Drag Docking Enabled". Then go to Preferences and Interface then "Launch to Previous State" to make sure you don't have to repeat this every time. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
There was some talk about video cards support. Today, I got an email from Renderosity that says P12 now supports nVidia GeForce RTX 30 series cards. That may make some folks happy.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, those are the latest RTX cards. I would prefer they get P12 to support the latest GTX cards, but have no idea when that will be.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Up in the script menue you have a script by Struture that's called TimeThis. Click that instead of the render button and you get a pop yp once the render is finished.
Can't find that one Ghosty. I've looked in the 'Rosity freebies area for it, not there. Can you provide a link? Thank you! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well . . . we've finally got a new update for Poser 12. I just saw a post from Tim over at Renderosity that Poser 12.0.619 is available for download from the Poser Software site.

He mentions that a newsletter with details will be sent out later today.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I'm looking forward to the newsletter as well. I'm not planning to do the update immediately anyway, as I'm in the middle of a project that's going to take a while longer to finish.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am not against being the guinea pig but a couple of points. First of all I used Microsoft Edge to download which is does but then I got a message saying ' install Poser 12 was blocked as I could harm my device'. This is the first time I have seen this and there seems no way of telling Egde it is a trusted download. Using Google Chrome has no such issues. Second point is that the update appears to be 12.0.595 from 20th July not the latest from 4th August.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmmm, Firefox doesn't give me that issue either.

As far as the version number not being .619, I don't know why there would be such a large difference. I have, in the past, gotten updates for P11 where the version number was maybe 1 or 2 points off (a day or too in the Release Notes), but I've not ever seen such a large difference, with over a week difference in the Release Notes for .595. Hmmmm, not sure what's going on there.

IOW, I wouldn't have been surprised it if was actually .617 instead of .619, but certainly wouldn't expect .595. ~shakes head~

Edited to Add
: BTW, they sent out the wrong email. The subject line mentions the Poser 12 update, but the body of the email is about one of the tutorials, I think.

I found the email that should've been sent out on the Poser Software site --> Poser-12-Update-Improves-Speed-Animation-And-More

Hornet3d

Wise
More information, the downloaded file is marked as 'Install Poser 12' but it you hover over the download the information reports is as being issue 12.0.598.0 with a created date of 4th Aug. Once installed the splash screen show it as 12.0.619. My first attempt was trying to update from within Poser but when I tried Google Chrome I accessed the download via the Poser 12 forum at Rendo where the new update was announced.

Just in case anyone has the same issues I will say that the new install did not go well for me. I got the warning saying Poser was already installed and I allowed it to uninstall. The installation started but the extraction was incredibly slow, or at least it was until it froze altogether. I cancelled and did the install again with the same result. I tried again after doing a Windows restart and it went as expected. No real issue and it could have just been an issue with my computer but I thought I would mention it as I did begin to panic a little after I had Poser uninstalled and unable to install the new one. All my preferences were maintained including my preferred scene and all my purchased Python Scripts.

So far I have only done a sanity test by checking standard features and my first impression is it appears not much has changed although the parameter dials are clearly more responsive, still a bit jumpy at times but generally a lot smoother. Dials are also improved if using Kens 1171 Dial Master which was already better than the standard parameters window. Renders seem a fraction quicker but the is only my subjective view, don't forget I am still using and old 1080Ti so renders on newer cards might see bigger gains and the range of supported cards has been expanded. Cloth rooms works with no surprises and again seems unchanged.

Hornet3d

Wise
One other change is that material collections seem to load much quicker, it could be all materials load quicker but it is more noticeable on large collections.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Renderosity are doing Black Friday Sale 50% off storewide

Does this include Poser ~ as it doesn't reflect in the pricing?

asking for a friend :cool:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't believe so Stezza. I could be wrong, but someone posted on their forum about it, and the general consensus was no, that Poser would have it's own sale. In fact, none of the software scripts are available on sale either, and I can never use one of their monthly coupons to purchase them, so I'm sure I couldn't use it to purchase Poser either.