• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

phd WIP shaders

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Still in progress
new green.jpg

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Spectral rendering on cie1964 natural + Sun-Sky = intense but still realistic colors

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Beautiful work, phd. Starweed is a small plant, yes. It looks perfect with the bird. I created the plant with enough geometry to handle scaling way up and added the Fanta star textures for fairyish environments. In short, don't be afraid to scale those up for renders. They can take it. :)

Keep up the great work!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I like the idea of the drops of water on the leaves, but I think there's a bit too much of it. Is there any way to control just how many drops you get?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
No, it's a model (from Wet Grass 2 by Flink), not shader. Just wanted to see how it will work in SF and with my shaders.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh. I have a number of Flinks packs, but not sure if I have that particular one. Will have to check. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree with GG, but, I was only concentrating on the flowers, and not the rest of the scene, though there might not be much difference there either.