• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pet Hates

McGyver

Energetic
I dunno... I've slept in the shower before... It's not comfortable and it's kinda wet, but...
Actually... Thats really all there is to it... It's wet and uncomfortable.

McGyver

Energetic
Has this ever happened to you...

You are listening to the radio while driving... Your turn is coming up, so you signal... look in the mirrors... and seeing nobody around, you change lanes...
And suddenly....

"Hoooooooonnk Honk!!!! It's Craaaaaazy Dave's used car world, 0% down, 0% for 6 month Craaaaazy Daaaays Sale!!!"

And now you are definitely going to Crazy Dave's... But it's not to buy a used Toyota...

Seriously... I hate the idiots who put car horns or worse, truck horns in commercials... I want to sneak up next to their bedroom window at 3am with a surplus fog horn from an old freighter and see if they enjoy that...

Hey, Crazy Dave... How ya doin'?... Why are your pajamas all wet Dave?... Didn't ya like the fog horn?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I hate how each vet visit makes Tsuki more frightened. It's no problem to put her in the carrier, as I leave it open and in the living room all the time. So, she doesn't associate it with a vet visit. She was a bit anxious when we first left the apartment. But before we got to the elevator, she had settled down, and she was fine on the drive to the vet. It's about a half hour drive, which is within her tolerance for riding in the car. Generally, it's the last five minutes before we get home when she starts crying and wanting out of the carrier.

She's even fine while we wait in the waiting room. Even when there is a rambunctious dog in the room. Though a little dog spooked her today when he bumped into the carrier. She drew back, then settled back down once she realized he wasn't a threat. She was still calm when we got into the room.

But ... once the vet walked in and we opened the carrier ... no go. She instantly went from calm to hissing and swatting. I hoped since she absolutely adores men, and she was seeing the male vet today for the first time, she'd give him a chance. But no. It wasn't to be.

She did get her rabies vaccination, but not the exam.

Next year, I'll have her smoke some weed before we leave for the vet.

Well, no. That would be silly. But, I will put the elizabethan collar on her, since the vet said that sometimes helps (since it restricts their field of vision), and he suggested we may need to sedate her next visit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Geeze, she's a little terror at the vet's office. At least she got her vaccination.

McGyver

Energetic
I hate vet visits too... They are always poking me with needles and sticking thermometers in places...
Then they get all mad when I bite...
Stupid vet...
Grrr...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes indeed. She was sooo good her first visit to the vet. Ran out of the carrier and up to the vet as if she were her long lost best friend ever. Gave her kisses and everything.

And then ... the vet tried to take her temperature.

It's been all downhill ever since.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Seriously my pets hate being touched. They hate the net. However they love being in water. My guppies love to mate which is something I do not like. How do I know they like to mate? By watching them and the fact I have so many fry still after some of them gotten eaten.

I hate Salisbury steak. I hate pork chops. I can eat chicken so I eat a lot of chicken. I also hate turkey, not the birds but their meat. When it comes to meat, I just eat chicken if I can help it. I rarely eat pork. Because I do not eat pork chops, it got known at my home that I do not eat pork.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Satira,
1/2 hour drive is pretty long, but could you take your kitty a couple times with no actual appointment? Our vet has people do this, he gives the dog or kitty some treats and a few pats, then they leave.

My sister uses a collar with Bach Flower essence which calms her cat right down.

You can also practice the moves the vet does at home so that she gets used to it... yep, even the rectal thermometer...

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Long tutorials, I'm not too fond of them either. Like when I go to Youtube looking for a tutorial on how to do something in Poser, Substance or ZBrush and I click on what looks like a good one. It turns out to be over an hour long and wanders all over the place showing other things I already know, have no bearing on what I asked for, or am not interested in.
Short to the point tuts for me please.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Isn't that the whole point, to play with stuff that we wouldn't otherwise have a chance to?
True. I just am frustrated when I am considered doing nothing if I sit down. At work I am on my feet all the time. I work at a fast food place at the food court of a mall. I am not allowed to sit around at work. I am not sure what to think. I was just asked if I was going to do something today or just sit or something like that? I said I did not know. I do not know what to say anymore.

eclark1894

Visionary
True. I just am frustrated when I am considered doing nothing if I sit down. At work I am on my feet all the time. I work at a fast food place at the food court of a mall. I am not allowed to sit around at work. I am not sure what to think. I was just asked if I was going to do something today or just sit or something like that? I said I did not know. I do not know what to say anymore.
Does it matter? Is the person(s) who asked you, someone whose opinion means a lot to you? I do have family and friends whose opinion matters to me, but then again, if they know about my life, they already get it.

Excuse me, I'm still not feeling very well. I'm terrified I'm going to be back in the hospital before the end of February.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Does it matter? Is the person(s) who asked you, someone whose opinion means a lot to you? I do have family and friends whose opinion matters to me, but then again, if they know about my life, they already get it.

Excuse me, I'm still not feeling very well. I'm terrified I'm going to be back in the hospital before the end of February.
Good point. I thought their opinion mattered but I am not sure any more.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
True. I just am frustrated when I am considered doing nothing if I sit down..

I wouldn't fret about that, some of the hardest jobs involve sitting all day. My older brother got a call centre job recently and he is totally wrecked when he comes home from work. His last job was fitting fire safety stuff in factories and he wasn't half as tired doing that work!

Hornet3d

Wise

There are a number of different factors in any job but considering people are doing nothing if they sit down is very short sighted. What about all the emergency crews such as fire and ambulance who spend a fair amount of time sitting around. They are paid for what they know as well as what they do and their ability to apply that knowledge when required with great efficiency and after doing that they have earnt a sit down, not that they always get it.