• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pet Hates

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
What are your pet hates, things you dislike the most?

Some of mine are (in no particular hate order):

Being asked for ID/proof of age when I go to the cinema.
Being harassed by sales people at the perfume counter, when all I want to do is sample the scents.
Having to wear black shoes to school.
Having to wear old fashioned and long uniform skirts to school (they don't supply short ones).
Having to go to school at all.
Not being allowed to use the sauna at the local gym (over 18's only allowed in there) in spite of paying full membership fee.
Adverts on TV (about 6 minutes every half hour!).
No free refills of soft drinks in fast-food places.
Having to pay to use the ladies rooms in some shopping centres.

There's more, I will remember them later!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Nobody else yet? Here are some more of mine...

People that try to catch my attention so they can give me a disapproving look about what I'm wearing or doing. I usually just ignore them so the look goes to waste.

When it's after midnight and my Mum pulls the plug on the internet so we will go asleep.

Being in restaurants and the waitress hands me the kids menu.

Only having about a third of the stuff on Netflix and paying more for it, compared to what people in the USA get.

When the neighbors go tell my Mum where I've been, when I've told her I'm somewhere else.

When I'm at a gig with my friends and there is a toucher in the crowd and we have to keep moving to get away from him.

Having to put a €5 note in the bus fare slot when the fare is only €1.90 but I don't have change, and the bus drivers don't give out change either.

Telling the hairdresser that she did a nice job, but I really hate it and can't tell her how I really feel.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was asleep when you posted your first list. And ... only awake about 15 minutes after your second ;)

Once my brain is in gear and I'm able to put more than a few letters together, I'll give it a go.

I have PLENTY of Pet Peeves / Hates.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Yes, I forgot it's still early over west of the Atlantic. ;)

Body sprays for women, always much more expensive than the ones for men. And the cans for us are smaller than the mens!

Being in a smokers car and seeing the ashtray full of old ashes, floating up when the car hits a bump. :sick::sick:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
One of my biggest pet peeves / hates is:

1) Policies, rules and laws that hurt or hinder others from doing good things for the rest of us.

Others are:

2) Car Alarms (I hate these with a passion)(seriously)(NO, REALLY)
3) Folks walking down the sidewalk with their faces buried in their stupid phones disregarding where they are walking!
4) People using "free speech" to be hateful to others, that should NOT be allowed in any way, shape or form!
5) Religions getting away with being involved in politics but still get their tax exemption status... that's just bs in my book.
6) Litter bugs, esp one's that are literally 3 feet away from a garbage can but can't seem to walk over to put their crap in it (I've actually cussed out folks that do that before, yea, I can be really mean but only in the name of Justice)

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
That's a good list RAMWolff. A few Saturdays ago I seen a drunk eating a pizza as he was crossing the road. He threw the pizza box on the road but tripped over it and messed up his white shirt and pants on the wet road. Karma ruled.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
HAHAHAHA GOOD... doubt that will teach him anything but I agree... Karma can be a real bitch! lmao

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rude people on the sidewalk is one of my pet peeves also. Rather they are rude because they are so focused on their cell phone that they will run into you or a group of three or more are walking side by side so everyone has to try to get around them, they are pushing huge strollers that are almost as big as a Smart Car, or riding a bike through pedestrians instead of walking it. A couple years ago, I saw the aftermath of a bicyclist riding down the street who clipped an older woman with his handlebars. Needless to say, she was pulled off her feet and injured. Not like she was spry enough that she might have been able to move out of his way had she seen him coming. But he came up behind her. Of course, he didn't stop and offer help. It was the other pedestrians who helped her.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I would have ran after that bastard and threw him to the ground. How RUDE!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
*sigh* If I never hear another of those mockingbird car alarms it will be too soon.
People who always have some reason to avoid having to come to my place if we are planning to do anything together. *They're* the ones with private transportation. Why should I be the one who always has to go to them? (So what that I live in the inner city. It's not like the natives are going to capture and eat them. And the parking isn't *that* bad.)

McGyver

Energetic
Hmmm...
I don't have many...
Let's see...

• Pretty much everything RAMWolff listed.

• People who text and drive or use the phone and drive, or better yet use a GPS mounted at crotch height and have to keep on looking down to see where they are going while they drive... when it is abundantly clear that they are incapable of doing more then one thing, including breathing or having a pulse at once.

• Drunk or impaired drivers.

• People for whom I move out of the way to let them pass, who then proceed to stop and stand right in front of me as though I'm either invisible or they are hoping to have me climb on their back.
Variants of this include standing so close to me when I bend down to get something from a low shelf, that if I were to stand up, I'd be right in the person's face (for the record, I stand up and smile insanely at them) and people who place/abandon their shopping carts in front of me when I give them room to pass... Not just in blocking me, but pretty much almost on my feet (usually I do something obnoxious like fill their cart with stuff from the nearest shelf).

• People who park up against my driver side door... I park as far away from other cars as possible... You know those spots nobody ever parks, the ones that are so far away they are perpetually empty... I'll be the only car there and when I get back there is one other car... Just one... Blocking my door.
Cars don't get lonely, they don't cuddle, they don't need companionship and mine hates other cars... it's an antisocial automobile.
My favorite twist on this is when you are loading stuff in your car and they come back to their car and they act like you are some crazy stalker for being so close to their car... I really wonder what the thought process on that is...

• People who stand so close to me on a line that I can feel their body odor.

• Obviously healthy people who park in handicap parking spots... I don't want to tow their car, it should be crushed on the spot and they should be charged for the hauling away of the debris.

• I can hear too many things at once, but one of the most annoying things is really loud stupid people giving really stupid advice to their stupid friends on their cell phones, or people loudly discussing super personal details of their life that I will, never ever be able to forget... Like the women who "lost" a very personal item in a place with very limited real estate boundaries... These are things that we must use our inside voices when discussing... Perhaps even whispers... Better yet save them for your death bed... Ok?

• Fanboy fanatics... A over generalized combination of the words, but people who have an unreasonable, unnatural and inhuman desire to support a thing, entity, company or individual no matter how wrong they are and with a blind and unwavering fanaticism that it is destructive.

• People who stare at you weirdly as you hold the door for them, yet make no attempt to reach for the door themselves and obviously don't understand courtesy... people who breeze in behind someone elderly or disabled whom you are holding a door for, often this leads to several other people following them and not attempting to get the door for themselves, nor saying thanks or acknowledging the gesture, putting you in the position of either letting the door go in someone's face or remaining polite... I usually opt to suddenly let the door go while saying to late "watch the door"...

• Telemarketers... Pretty much all of them... There is no reason to Tele market to me... None.

• Phone scammers... May they burn in hell alongside Hitler...

• Whomever started this trend of allowing psychotic little dogs into stores... If your dog doesn't like people, don't take your snarling little bundle of condensed fury out for a parade to the DYI store.
Last week some Cockercoodlehuahuahund exploded in a shopping cart as I past it... To say the least, it startled me... Startling me is not advisable as anyone who knows me will attest to.
The only thing that saved it's life as it nipped my elbow was the fact that I had seen it in a different aisle and noted its seething contempt for humanity... I don't know if it was sleeping or was trying to jump scare me, or it was tired of being a Cockercoodlehuahuahund, but this was not a dog that belongs outdoors...
And to top it off the lady who owned him thought it was cute and blew off his behavior as "Ooooh, he's just a little nervous today"....
Some people are too clueless.

• Unnecessarily mean people... It may seem trendy, but it's it makes them unnecessary as well.

• The people who have started this new trend of disguising For Profit "donation" bins as being for charities and then having the nerve to post signs on them warning people not to tamper with or deface their bins or they will be "criminally prosecuted" (this is a response to people placing "Donation Scam" stickers on the bins).

• Cable TV solicitors (particularly one company that starts with a "V") who knock on my door and won't take a polite "not interested" and continue to try and talk around my saying "thank you, have a nice day"... And then get annoyed that I'm not listening and say I'm rude...
No... Me being rude... That looks, feels, smells and sounds a whole lot different.

• People who have no honor... Not in the Klingon context, but people who will consistently do the wrong thing just because they don't want to play nice or they are better in their own eyes then everyone else... People who when give a cost less choice to do the right thing will deliberately pick the bad action. They lie, steal cheat and cause misery just because they can and they they get off on that... Until it catches up with them... Then they are the victim, the martyr and the world is against them, conspiring to rob them of greatness...
Also a very trendy hobby these days.

• Anyone who is party to engineering a hidden clause or other disingenuous or harmful policy within a binding document, with the intention of deceiving or defrauding others.
This includes automatic opt-in clauses and anti class action/arbitration clauses designed to prevent those harmed by deliberate fraud and criminal behavior from seeking justice and compensation.

• Parents who let their toddlers go free range in dangerous warehouse stores like Home Depot... Just a few days ago I almost knocked over an unsupervised little girl who tried to climb onto my cart full of pavers... She couldn't have been more then two and a half and her and her parents were about three aisles away, saw what she was doing and continued to ignore her... Let me tell you, it's no fun trying to suddenly make an evasive maneuver with five hundred pounds of concrete, even at a slow walking pace.

• All greedy people... It's trendy to be greedy, but it's killing the world... Just stop it already.

• People who like to risk other people wellbeing, because they are okay with risking their own... You want to be hero stuntman?... Do it out in the desert or on a mountaintop... Not on the sidewalk or on the highway.

• Anyone who puts together blatantly misleading commercials or advertisements that are so false and stupidly fraudulent there is no way in hell it should legal, yet it's allowed for some reason.

• Anyone who allows blatantly misleading commercials or advertising to be aired on their network or broadcasting system.

• Mortgage modification scammers... Preying on people already in dire straits adds a new layer to the hell these lowlifes should cast unto...

• All selfish people... There is a whole world out there full of other people, you are not the only one with needs... deal with it selfish ones.

It think there may be a few thousand more...

I'm aware I have unrealistic expectations for human beings, but I see a lot of potential too...
It's just lately the loudest voices on this planet are the ones trying to harness mankind's negative traits for their own benefit...
And they know all the right buttons to push, promises to make and words to say.
They really think they know people, but the truth is they only know themselves and won't even admit that they are who they think everyone else is.
In my life I've seen really bad people be compelled to do really good deeds... I think most people want to do good things if they can understand what good things look like...
It's just too often the bad things are made to look good and good things made to look unrealistic and undignified.

Megh... I'm getting boring...

Later folks.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know Bonnie. She was surrounded by several people, and paramedics had been called. But whether she was just bruised or more seriously hurt, I never learned.

OMG that's terrible Satira. Was the old woman okay?

Bicycles have a place in our communities and on the roads, but riders really need to be more accountable and aware the laws that apply to drivers also apply to them. Even laws that state you stop at a red light or a stop sign. The current trend of bicyclists and bicycle proponents is to blame cars/drivers for everything, but I see so many bicyclists who put not only themselves at serious risk, but everyone else ... whether that's other riders, pedestrians, or drivers.

Needless to say, careless bicyclists and bicyclists who refuse to obey the traffic laws are not all that much different in my opinion from drivers who are careless and refuse to obey the traffic laws. We all need to watch out for others ... whether we're the one with tons of steel wrapped around us or nothing but a thin bit of cloth.

McGyver ... I think you pretty much got everything I'd list as a pet peeve if I were to be as thorough as you were.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I think McGyver just about covered all my bases in his post. I can only add those clowns on bicycles (usually those uber-expensive racing cycle types) who insist on using the promenade as a racetrack. The whole of the prom is dual-purpose (cyclists and pedestrians) and people are generally well-mannered except for those clowns who expect you (and your kids) to get out of their way because their egos lead them to believe they have some god-given priority over lesser mortals!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Great list McGuyver, But this one I don't agree with: "Obviously healthy people who park in handicap parking spots". You can't tell if someone is "obviously healthy". I have a friend who almost looks like a model, beautiful, slim and healthy looking but she has this syndrome that she can be fine one minute then the next blood pressure drops so low she's on the ground. Most of the time its bought on by exercise (no mater how slight). She still has to shop and live life so parking just that little bit close to a shop where the disable parking is can save her a whole lot of trouble (yes she has a proper "disabled sticker"). Now if you had said some one who parks in a handicap parking spot without the right documentation then I'd agree with you!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Oh, thanks for reminding me: Telemarketers drumming up business for construction services. These aren't spambots, which are a whole other category of hate. These are actual people, trying to drum up legitimate business for actual companies (usually small ones, I suspect). That being the case, I'm willing to allow them the one call and a brush-off.

Hey, I live in an apartment. I have absolutely no say in what construction is done in this complex. I tell them so. They say something on the order of "Oh. I'll take you off the list."

They never do. They call again, and again and again. I recognize their voices. Hey. It's *still* an apartment. That isn't going to change. Enough, already.