• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pet Hates

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I have many things I hate or extremely dislike....just ask my husband who says 'I'm so tired of hearing you complain about everything.' Well, I am stuck living in Texas, so that gives me a lot of ammunition to hate just about everything. A lot of the already mentioned things are peeves of mine for sure plus....

-My new neighbors. The husband and a couple of their numerous kids came knocking at my front door right after after they moved in and said 'Hi, we're the new neighbors next door. We'd like to know if we can pray for you.' I replied with 'what'? Then I said 'no thanks, I'm good, you don't need to pray for me'. They're not Mormons riding bikes or Jehovah's Witness passing out pamphlets, so get off my porch and don't ever darken my door again. People can be as religious as they want in their own lives, and that's fine. But don't come to my door unsolicited and do that ever again. Their wifi network name is 'Jesus Loves You', so now I have that in my list of local networks. To each his own, sigh....

-People who sit in confined spaces like restaurants, lines at the grocery store, or wherever you're forced to be in close proximity to strangers, and they put their phone on speaker and make their entire 2 way conversation known to all of us within earshot. I don't give diddly squat about you and your buddy and whatever plans you have, so take him off speaker. Better yet, don't answer, let him leave a voice mail and call him when you get back out to your car. Unless he texts you a 911 message, just ignore his call.

-People in the grocery store, restaurants, theaters, stores, etc who let their wild, uncontrolled kids run rampant up and down aisles or between tables, playing tag, or screaming, rolling around on the floor crying and throwing fits, and all the while the parents ignore them no matter how many ppl are giving the 'looks could kill' stare at them. Like parents think they'll stifle their little free spirits and creativity if they're disciplined. God forbid if you take your kid to the bathroom or out to the car and lay down the consequences if they pull that crap one more time. Behavior like that should be one and done. If not, remove yourself and all your kids and go home where they can be free spirits and creative away from the rest of us.

-Drivers who weave from one lane to another in and out of traffic constantly trying to get ahead of the rest of us like his destination is more important than ours. Karma is when you pull up next to him at the red light and he hasn't gotten any further driving 65mph as you who was driving 40mph. So satisfying that I often look at them and smile.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
My pets hate being out of water which means they hate nets.
One of my pets hates other male betas but tolerated my female beta. I am a bad pet owner I keep two betas in the same tank. I think the tank is really a fifty five gallon tank but I like to call it a forty gallon tank.

I hate the one tank rule my landlady put on me.

Oh this thread is about pet peeves not what my pet hates.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
My pets hate being out of water which means they hate nets.
One of my pets hates other male betas but tolerated my female beta. I am a bad pet owner I keep two betas in the same tank. I think the tank is really a fifty five gallon tank but I like to call it a forty gallon tank.

I hate the one tank rule my landlady put on me.

Oh this thread is about pet peeves not what my pet hates.

Oh, lol! My pet hates being IN water!

TilleferSmall.JPG

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Adverts on TV (about 6 minutes every half hour!). Agree with you here, even on my virgin media paid for cable, you get adverts. I thought they were supposed to be in place of the tv licence (not sure you have that in Ireland for the BBC)..

Yes we (well the parents actually) have to pay €160 for a TV licence, and all the Irish channels have adverts as well. The Sky channels are the worst for adverts, I wish we could record the programmes and filter the ads from being recorded.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
One of my pet peeves is going to visit someone and they have a dirty litter box in the bathroom they want me to use. No they do not want me to use the litter box but the bathroom it is in. What are they wanting me to do? Clean the litter box?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
That was my 200th post already, just realized it now. If I'd realized sooner, I would have tried to post something with more meaning. ;);)

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I know someone who would rather me use their downstairs bathroom instead of the upstairs bathroom. My only problem with the downstairs bathroom is the litter box. I feel like that person would make up reasons for me to go to that bathroom such as wash my hands. I cannot wash my hands in the kitchen or the upstairs bathroom.
Maybe ask them next time and see what they say! :laugh: ;)
I would but then that person might ask me why I have not cleaned the box for them? I do not want to clean the box every visit to their place.

Edit make it I do not want to clean their box when I am their guest not a litter box cleaning person.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I'm sure they don't expect you to clean their litter box. Not unless they are paying you to provide house cleaning services. Even then, a litter box would be considered extra, not something typically included in those services. They probably don't even think about the litter box being in the downstairs bathroom. It probably never even crossed their mind you'd think they expected you to clean the litter box.

An upstairs bathroom is is generally intended for family, while a downstairs bathroom is generally intended for guests. Your friends preferring you to use their downstairs bathroom isn't unusual. Many people aren't comfortable with a guest being upstairs. I would be uncomfortable if guests used an upstairs bathroom instead of the downstairs bathroom. Wondering if they wanted to snoop or hoping to find prescription meds. A downstairs bathroom tends to have basic first aid stuff, while the more personal meds and supplies would be kept upstairs.

Nothing wrong with washing your hands in the kitchen. I do that frequently. I also brush my teeth at the kitchen sink instead of the bathroom sink. It just seems far more sanitary than to brush my teeth in the same room as the toilet.

Hmm.. My pet peeves?

Drivers that ignore your brake lights and turn signals and then have the temerity to blare their horn at you or lean out the window and make rude noises or gestures at you because they don't have the sense to slow down.

Tailgaters. I absolutely loathe driving in traffic because some jerk will insist on stopping six inches from my vehicle at a traffic signal; what really gets me riled is when I try to move to put some distance between us and they immediately move to fill the vacant space.

People that turn out of a side road when you're two car lengths away and moving at the speed limit. It's really hairy when you've also got one of the above tailgaters behind you.

People that follow you for more than ten miles and refuse to take most of the opportunities to pass you that come along. Seriously, if I wanted to be going faster than I am, I would be, wouldn't you think? Sometimes these folks turn out to be the same sort of folks I mentioned initially.

I think that's enough to start. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I slow down when I'm concerned the driver behind me is not allowing enough room to brake or continually stops too close to my car when we're at stop lights. So far, none of them have been rude about that. They just take the first opportunity they can to get in front of me. Not that they ever get that far ahead. Since there are SO many stop lights in the city.

I slow down when I'm concerned the driver behind me is not allowing enough room to brake or continually stops too close to my car when we're at stop lights. So far, none of them have been rude about that. They just take the first opportunity they can to get in front of me. Not that they ever get that far ahead. Since there are SO many stop lights in the city.

Doesn't always work for me, though I do try it some days. And yeah, I get the occasional laugh out of someone that goes flying past me, only to end up a car or two ahead of me at the exit I'm getting off on the highway like others have mentioned.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I hate being grounded, especially over nothing. I don't know how I forgot to add that to my list, and don't ask me how I remembered it now! :mad:

McGyver

Energetic
Don't be so hard on grounding...
It can be uncomfortable, depending on where the GFCI is located...
But it can and will prevent damage to your electrical distribution system and will definitely limit high voltage damage to your neurological circuits in the event of a short circuit, combat damage or a lightning strike...
Least of all it will prevent your primary servos from arcing and damaging the electro reactive polymers in your outer casing.
Think of how uncomfortable that would be...
As a model 2001-Bonny unit, your warranty doesn't cover damage from lighting strikes, phased electrostatic rifle hits, or immersion in tanks of water containing electric eels unless you are properly grounded.
I'm sure your parents were just being cautious and following the manual on proper maintenance.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
....I'm sure your parents were just being cautious and following the manual on proper maintenance.

No I don't think so. More like my mum is just being mean over trivial stuff. :p
Anyway I'm going to sleep now, its nearly 3am already.

McGyver

Energetic
Well... Perhaps your mum was ungrounded when struck by lightning and the excessive voltage shorted out her grumpiness limiters.
Some older models had a emotional reset switch behind the left ear... You might try gently poking at your mom's left ear with your index finger, uncooked frankfurter or small raw herring.
Some breakfast sausages or a medium sized mackerel will work too as long as they are not cooked or too frozen.
The standard suggested method is:
1- Distract the subject by shouting: "Look! An Octopus!" and pointing out the window or up a tree.
2- When they turn to look, step close and begin gently poking about until you hear a soft click or they turn back and smack you.
3- If they question your actions, simply say you were checking for external parasites as part of a school project.
4- If step 2 fails you can try again in one minute and thirty seconds. You may also substitute historical figures in place of arboreal cephalopods... For example: "Look! It's James Bernard, second earl of Bandon!"... This can actually be particularly convincing as James Bernard was known to frolic in the trees outside of Parliament and at his family estate.

If that doesn't work, there is a possibility that she may be a 71J series.
In which case the reset switch is located in the right nostril.
Good luck with that.