• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pet Hates

Hornet3d

Wise
Does it matter? Is the person(s) who asked you, someone whose opinion means a lot to you? I do have family and friends whose opinion matters to me, but then again, if they know about my life, they already get it.

Excuse me, I'm still not feeling very well. I'm terrified I'm going to be back in the hospital before the end of February.

Really sorry that you are not feeling well and I hope you avoid your prediction. The fear of going back into hospital only makes matters worse, believe me I know, not that you can do much about that fears like that. I hope you feel better soon, please try and look after yourself.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear you're not feeling well again Earl. Take care of yourself.

James R.

Busy Bee
I wouldn't fret about that, some of the hardest jobs involve sitting all day. My older brother got a call centre job recently and he is totally wrecked when he comes home from work. His last job was fitting fire safety stuff in factories and he wasn't half as tired doing that work!

I know how your brother feels. I’ve worked in call centres... it can be brutal. I enjoyed helping people, but it was utterly exhausting.

James R.

Busy Bee
Does it matter? Is the person(s) who asked you, someone whose opinion means a lot to you? I do have family and friends whose opinion matters to me, but then again, if they know about my life, they already get it.

Excuse me, I'm still not feeling very well. I'm terrified I'm going to be back in the hospital before the end of February.

Good point Earl. Like the saying goes, “Those who matter don’t mind, and those who mind don’t matter.”

And I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well. Take care of yourself.

Hornet3d

Wise
I know how your brother feels. I’ve worked in call centres... it can be brutal. I enjoyed helping people, but it was utterly exhausting.

I used to spend time on the end of a phone line that was a help line and believe me that was exhausting. I don't know about sitting down, after some of the calls I wanted a lie down. That was in a more relaxed atmosphere than a call centre and without the time pressures so, even though I have never worked in a call centre, I can well believe they are very exhausting. Proves again that, just because you are sat down, does not mean you are not doing anything.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I feel like I cannot do what I wanted without someone complaining or commenting on what I am doing wrong. If I am not at that second doing what they are thinking I must not want to do so or am lazy. Trying to appease these people is a fool’s job.

Hornet3d

Wise
I feel like I cannot do what I wanted without someone complaining or commenting on what I am doing wrong. If I am not at that second doing what they are thinking I must not want to do so or am lazy. Trying to appease these people is a fool’s job.

No matter what you do you cannot please everybody so a good plan is just to please yourself.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
No matter what you do you cannot please everybody so a good plan is just to please yourself.
True. I am trying to get that through my thick skull. Trying to please everyone will please nobody. Trying to use a smart phone to browse a web forum like this is hard not impossible but hard.

James R.

Busy Bee

I’ve had people like this in my life. Family members, actually. Always complaining, always pointing out what they believed were my faults, quick to give unsolicited and unwelcome advice on how I should do things their way.

Eventually it affected my mental, emotional, and spiritual health. I had to make a choice to remove them from my life. It was a hard decision. And where I couldn’t remove them, I had to set firm boundaries and purposely limit my time around them. I know it’s not easy to do that.

Life is too short to live under someone else’s negative oppression. I hope you’re able to find freedom from that kind of person and can be free to do as you like.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Admittedly, I lean misanthropic, so I see lots of peeves already listed that ring true for me, but most of them can be summed up by this quote from Bertrand Russell. “The biggest cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid people are so sure about things and the intelligent folks are so full of doubts”.

eclark1894

Visionary
Take care of yourself Earl...sending good thoughts your way!
For the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling really lethargic. Remeniscent of how I was feeling when I had to go to the hospital before. Which was making me think I'm in danger of having another heart failure. The thing I realized today, was that even though I'm usually not feeling too good when I leave for work, I'm usually feeling pretty good by the time I have to come home. That leads me to suspect that whatever's not making me feel well, is in my house. I'm suspecting my furnace or maybe the vents. As cold as it's been lately, I've had to have the heat going all the time and pretty high to keep warm.

Hornet3d

Wise
For the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling really lethargic. Remeniscent of how I was feeling when I had to go to the hospital before. Which was making me think I'm in danger of having another heart failure. The thing I realized today, was that even though I'm usually not feeling too good when I leave for work, I'm usually feeling pretty good by the time I have to come home. That leads me to suspect that whatever's not making me feel well, is in my house. I'm suspecting my furnace or maybe the vents. As cold as it's been lately, I've had to have the heat going all the time and pretty high to keep warm.

I certainly do not want to scare you but in light of your comments it definitely worth checking your home/heating as some of the symptoms you describe are often associated with methane poisoning. Better to be safe....

Hornet3d

Wise
I’ve had people like this in my life. Family members, actually. Always complaining, always pointing out what they believed were my faults, quick to give unsolicited and unwelcome advice on how I should do things their way.

Eventually it affected my mental, emotional, and spiritual health. I had to make a choice to remove them from my life. It was a hard decision. And where I couldn’t remove them, I had to set firm boundaries and purposely limit my time around them. I know it’s not easy to do that.

Life is too short to live under someone else’s negative oppression. I hope you’re able to find freedom from that kind of person and can be free to do as you like.

Glad you found the courage to make the break. It certainly sounds like a bad situation.

The one thing people do not understand when they give advice is what they are actually saying is 'This is what I would do if I were you..' and the big problem with that is they ain't you making the basis of their argument immediately invalid.

eclark1894

Visionary
I certainly do not want to scare you but in light of your comments it definitely worth checking your home/heating as some of the symptoms you describe are often associated with methane poisoning. Better to be safe....
I don't think that's the case, to be honest. I may just be coming down with something.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
With the stupid weather Mother Nature's been dumping on us this winter, that wouldn't be surprising.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Allergies come in a lot of different forms. Plus there are sensitivities (usually acquired) that aren't precisely allergies. There could be a pathogen in your home environment. Or there could be something that you eat at home that you don't eat at work.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't think that's the case, to be honest. I may just be coming down with something.

Yes, it is a bad time of year for a lot of people, my sister always suffers around now as she reacts to the lack of light due to shorter days. In recent years she has used special lights indoors to reduce the impact and they do make a difference before she could get very depressed and lethargic. Not suggesting that is and issue in you case but is does show how the body and mind can react to the world around them.

Main thing, whatever the cause, I hope you get through it without another visit to hospital.

James R.

Busy Bee
Glad you found the courage to make the break. It certainly sounds like a bad situation.

The one thing people do not understand when they give advice is what they are actually saying is 'This is what I would do if I were you..' and the big problem with that is they ain't you making the basis of their argument immediately invalid.

Thank you. No, it wasn't a good situation. All the constant disapproval made me feel that I had to justify every decision in my life, even trivial ones, and in turn that had me feeling like a child -- in my Forties! I'd become inured to it, too...I'd gotten so used to it that I just accepted it.

...Until one day after chatting with a couple of friends and comparing notes. I "woke up" and realized that being subjected to that kind of thing isn't how life should be lived. So my hope is that if that's what AlphinaNovaStar (or anyone else reading this) is going through, they can set those personal boundaries and trim those harmful relationships.