• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Perfect Pelvis for Dawn

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
@carmen indorato Thanks! You can find several options for Dawn genitals at Renderotica. I think they have so many that I don't need to add more of the same in this area. :)
Yeah I did see them there but all too fake looking compared to the simple free stuff for V4. Was told it was about the mesh detail in that area not offering options for a better more realistic fix. I was just curious if that would be possible with your new fix for it. Oh well,,,,,just leave Dawn where she is. :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have worked more on the last part, which was also the most difficult - the Side-Side inwards, where the thigh gets inside the pelvis. Very difficult to recover the crotch shape when it's literally inside the thigh mesh, but I managed to get some work done. Note how the crotch shape is now preserved, no longer collapsing on itself. This also goes easy on clothing, which should no longer collapse and look more realistic when posed.

I am also changing the project name to "Proper Pelvis" for Dawn. Maybe I should call it "Proper Pelvis Posing" for Dawn. The name is also a work in progress.

JCMCorrections4.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Bonnie! I have been testing and tweaking this every time I make a render. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I have renamed the project to "Perfect Pelvis" for Dawn. Could also be "Perfect Pelvis Posing" for Dawn, but that's too many "P"s. :p

It's now 10 corrective morphs total. As we pose Dawn's legs, the shapes apply as needed. Those are JCMs, so once applied to Dawn, it works automatically on top of the base JCMs. So it's basically JCMs to correct JCMs - the first I ever made. LOL

Once applied to Dawn, they need to be copied to the clothing. In Poser that's done with "Copy Morphs From", and in DS it's part of auto-follow, so you don't need to do anything. The good in Poser is that you can only apply it when you want to, while in DS it would always apply once installed because they are JCMs.

I think there is a way to disable JCMs in DS by using a ValueOp multiplier that can act as an ON/OFF Boolean switch. If we make the default value as OFF, then we can activate it only when we want to, and it would be per session.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am testing the Poser version. When it gets final, I will make the DS version.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Good news! Today I have completed the DS version, and resolved the issue where the morphs in DS would be always active when installed, since DS doesn't work with morph injections. The solution was rather simple. After you install the product in DS, it's disabled by default. Whenever you want to use it, simply go to the "Perfect Pelvis" controls, and enable it. You will see the effects immediately (if Dawn is posed). You can enable/disable it at any time.

KillSwitch.jpg

Now it's more testing to bullet-proof the controls. This product doesn't replace Dawn's JCMs, but instead it works on top of them. It's not an ideal solution, but it makes it compatible with other Dawn contents. It's not ideal because the original Dawn JCMs are trying to push the vertexes to one direction, and mine are fighting them while trying to preserve the crotch shape. There are like half a dozen JCMs fighting for control on each side of the field when we pose the legs, so I believe results may vary on more extreme poses. When combined with other body morphs - especially the ones with their own JCMs, this adds more JCMs into the fight, so results may vary in more extreme poses.

So far I am getting good results in my renders, which is surprising all things considered. Frankly, I didn't think this would work when I started this project, and even I am surprised that it does. It works pretty well! :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I currently have "Body Type-7" sent to the store, "Body Type-8" in internal beta-testing, and I have been testing "Perfect Pelvis" in basically all of my renders. I am satisfied with the results, and the lack of injection support in DS has been resolved (as seen above).

I still have to make the (ugh!) promos for it, but this will be a special case where the promos will just show what it does, so they don't have to be a masterpiece. An image is worth a thousand words, so when people see them, they instantly know what this is about. It's a no brainer. :)

Once Type-8 comes back from beta, I will get this one sent to beta-testing.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I finally had Body Type-7 and Type-8 sent to the store, so now I can get started with beta-testing Perfect Pelvis for Dawn. I have done some promos for it, and I still have to write the store materials. Combined with Narrow Shoulders, this one has become quite an essential package I use in my personal renders. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Finished internal beta, and the promos. Now just getting the final marketing details with HW before I send it to the store. :)