• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our slice of Heaven

Hornet3d

Wise
I didn't do it alone! I ordered some men around and they did the job. LOL

It is a wise person that knows their limits and thus when to get someone else in. I am just in the middle of having my bath ripped out and replaced with a shower, the intention was to do it myself, boy am I glad I was talked out of it and got a man in.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I also work that way Pom with things I know I can't do...we recently had one of our bathrooms redone but the painting still gets done by us.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I do buzz around them though, willing to pick up anything I can learn to do myself. But the pavement was a bit to heavy for me. I have allready moved the humongous bolders aligning the borders, I figured that was more then enough for me.
My wife and brother in law will put up the new pavillion tent, I think I'll sit and film that escapade LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
I also work that way Pom with things I know I can't do...we recently had one of our bathrooms redone but the painting still gets done by us.

Just having our bathroom done at the moment but I will do the painting when finish. While tiles look nice I hate doing the grouting when it needs changing so we decided to go for wall boards instead of tiles. Watching our installer cut the boards and then have to manoeuvre them in place when they go floor to ceiling, particularly around the shower tray that has to go in first has been interesting. I have been watching him over the last day or so which is a constant reminder as to why I am paying him to do the walls leaving be to paint the door frame when he has finished.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist

The garden shed floor was rotting a bit, actually we went through it LOL
So now the dig for the long lost Pharao has started. I somehow don't think we'll find him though it smells like an old tomb LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
View attachment 48461

The garden shed floor was rotting a bit, actually we went through it LOL
So now the dig for the long lost Pharao has started. I somehow don't think we'll find him though it smells like an old tomb LOL

So reminds me of our bathroom, we had great difficulty getting the bath to seal and stay that way while we saved up the money to revamp the bath. When it was finally removed it stank and there was a round indentation in the damp floor, the plumber put piece of pipe on the indentation and it went through with little effort. I then realised that the indentation was made by one of the feet of the bath, it still send a shiver down my back now to think what would have happened it we waited any longer. Thankfully we now have no bath but a very large shower instead.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
We have taken the old wooden floor out, put new yellow sand in there and are laying "stoeptegels"
Those are extremely common here, they are tiles where we make pavement with for pedestrian-lanes. Usually very cheap as in for free mostly LOL
Good enough for the shed.

Hornet3d

Wise
We have taken the old wooden floor out, put new yellow sand in there and are laying "stoeptegels"
Those are extremely common here, they are tiles where we make pavement with for pedestrian-lanes. Usually very cheap as in for free mostly LOL
Good enough for the shed.

I like that idea, especially the price.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Coming October we are starting with the reno of the bathroom in our caravan. We are excited, nervous and impatient to start.
We want to build a...*drumroll please*.......walk in shower. Tadáááá! Everyone is telling us it can't be done. A normall plastic box with sliding door around it yes but not a fullfledged walk in shower.
We do not see the difference really, wether you install a ready made shower in a room or make a new room and create a shower. Just an idea of how the original bathroom looks.

It's very small, it's salmon pink, it's plastic and it's really old. Behind the glass door there is this wannabee bathtub enclosed in plastic walls with a skylight in the roof. This thing will come down, demolished, destroyed and the skylight will be closed.
You see, the space of the bathtub comes into the bedroom. Totally weird.
So what we will do is remove the shower/bathtub and create a new wall. The new toilet will be a quarter-turned and placed against the new
wall. Next to the toilet the washbassin will be placed.
It will be a wooden shelf with a white bassin on it.

There use to be a spare bedroom wich the former owners took out so we are going to use part of that to install our new and improved bathroom.

It's a bit outlined on the floor. The door to the bathroom is going to be relocated aswell. This project is our first big thing and we have help from a plumber, who will do the pipes and all, a tiler will do our beautifull tiling and some construction workers are there for advice. My brother in law is an electrician so we are set! We are sooooo excited about this.
When all goes well we will have such a luxuriance bathroom in our caravan, it's ridiculous! But this is for our old age, to enjoy when we retire and to spend at least 7 months every year there. And when we retire also all the weekends and winterholidays in the remaining months.
I will keep you guys posted.

Hornet3d

Wise
Coming October we are starting with the reno of the bathroom in our caravan. We are excited, nervous and impatient to start.
We want to build a...*drumroll please*.......walk in shower. Tadáááá! Everyone is telling us it can't be done. A normall plastic box with sliding door around it yes but not a fullfledged walk in shower.
We do not see the difference really, wether you install a ready made shower in a room or make a new room and create a shower. Just an idea of how the original bathroom looks.

It's very small, it's salmon pink, it's plastic and it's really old. Behind the glass door there is this wannabee bathtub enclosed in plastic walls with a skylight in the roof. This thing will come down, demolished, destroyed and the skylight will be closed.
You see, the space of the bathtub comes into the bedroom. Totally weird.
So what we will do is remove the shower/bathtub and create a new wall. The new toilet will be a quarter-turned and placed against the new
wall. Next to the toilet the washbassin will be placed.
It will be a wooden shelf with a white bassin on it.

There use to be a spare bedroom wich the former owners took out so we are going to use part of that to install our new and improved bathroom.

It's a bit outlined on the floor. The door to the bathroom is going to be relocated aswell. This project is our first big thing and we have help from a plumber, who will do the pipes and all, a tiler will do our beautifull tiling and some construction workers are there for advice. My brother in law is an electrician so we are set! We are sooooo excited about this.
When all goes well we will have such a luxuriance bathroom in our caravan, it's ridiculous! But this is for our old age, to enjoy when we retire and to spend at least 7 months every year there. And when we retire also all the weekends and winterholidays in the remaining months.
I will keep you guys posted.

I wish you luck. We recently had our bathroom revamped, taking out the bath and replacing it with a walk in shower. Although in a house the size is very small but during construction we found a large enclosure that ran the width of the room, was about three foot tall and one foot in depth. It enclosed the soil pipe, or at least an eight inch square section did, the rest was wasted space. We had it removed to have the soil pipe enclosed separately. We paid to have it all done as it was a DIY job too far for me but we now have a nice walk in shower that my wife and I love. I hope you end up with something equally pleasing.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Cool - lots of work!

It is and we have never ever-ever-ever build a bathroom from scratch. Painting yes, wallpaper yes, laying some simple saw&click flooring yes but build a bathroom???? We don't now what to feel first, scared or excited LOL
But I've said we would take the time we need. We're not on the Block Australia or My House Rules.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have to say that, having watched the guy building our bathroom I am glad I did not attempt the job but then I am getting to the age where I would rather pay someone else than take on a challenge. In the past I have build kit cars but now I pay someone else to service my car even. I am sure you will get there and have a tremendous feeling of achievement and a great new bathroom.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Work on our bathroom has really started. They demolished the bathroom - included the bath. I haven't got any pictures of that yet but these show the first beginnings. The frame work and all the wood I got to drive to the local dump....LOL

Demo started

Badkamer07LO.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
All the wood ready to be driven off....yaaaay

Badkamerreno07LO.jpg

The framework is going up

Badkamer05LO.jpg

Badkamer06LO.jpg

It is becoming a huge bathroom....really for when we are getting older to suit us.