• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Our slice of Heaven

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Wow that's a really nice place you have pommerlis. Why can't you live in it all year if you want to? How would anyone know if you did anyway?

It's the law down here, legally you are not allowed to live in a recreational park. That's what it says in the law.
But, like always with us Dutchies there is a but, local authorities could allow it - condone it if you will. It totally depends on how the local authorities feel about it. But if things go wrong they can evict everyone from one moment to the next and you have no rights to housing or anything since you were officially breaking the law.
At the moment that is taking place with - what use to be a 5-star park and has degraded to a dumpsite - a wellknown park.
One person went to the judge and he said the local government has to give the people at least a year to find new housing.
Normally - down here - when people get evicted the local government is also responsible for finding a new place to live but - again - since this was illegal the people are on their own to find themselves a place to stay.
It is complicated because we have social housing, financial aid with rent, gas&light etc. You loose all right to any form of financial extra's when you live in an illegal place - if falls under the same law as squatting.
But like with everything, there are exceptions to the rule.
And in this country, they would know - believe me, they would know. It's a small country, if you fart in the south they can hear it up north. They would know.

Recreational parks are for holidays only.
We are allowed to stay there non-stop from 1th April 'till 1th Nov. Then only the weekends Friday evening 'till Monday morning and the school-vacations wich we have alot of.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
And in this country, they would know - believe me, they would know. It's a small country, if you fart in the south they can hear it up north. They would know.

I understand. It's the same in Ireland, everybody knows everybody else or their cousin. And knows their business.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I understand. It's the same in Ireland, everybody knows everybody else or their cousin. And knows their business.

You have to know who you can trust, the majority won't tell but then there's always the one, who for some reason can't stand someone else getting a break. There are three or four people who are "living" at our park for some personal reason. One of them an 86 year old man who would just die if he had to live in a senior home. There's a divorced woman who doesn't have anywhere to go and some others who have a good, good solide reason and the owner of the park have them on his staff-list. They "work" there so there's your grounds for letting them live there.
Everybody who is a steady customer - like us who rent a year space - knows who they are but we won't talk about it with anyone who is 'out of the loop' or who tours with caravans on temperarily basis. If asked then the answer is "Oooh but he lives on the terrain because he maintains the hedges and lawns and looks after the gardens during off season"
It only takes one person to complain to the city council,....

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
We won't be living there, just the 8 months after the caravan is renovated. Off season we will be there for the weekends and holidays. We have a social housing appartment and I don't want to risk it.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Gardentime! One of the perks of being Dutch is the many Tulip variety's that are available to us.
I'm experimenting a bit with the various kinds.
There are of course the classics in all sort of uni-colors. Mind you, the traditional red tulip is the strongest kind.

View media item 4499
But of course I like to try the specials, see if they last and if they'll return next year. They are soooo gorgeous.

This is the 'Tulipa Exotic Emperor'
Base color is white, the green shades on the bloom are caused by bacteria that influence the coloring of the bloom.

View media item 4494
View media item 4493
And this happens when the morning sun hits the bloom, they open up so beautifully.....

View media item 4495

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I envy you your flowers! I've tried twice to plant sunflowers and tomatoes out side this year and they all disappear! Gotta be some animal eating them. Next year I'll start them inside. My son knew the trouble I was having with the sunflowers and bought me a banana tree for Mother's Day. They are supposed to do really well in this climate and can grow up to 20 feet over the summer.

Do we need to start a gardening thread?

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Gotta be some animal eating them.

Could it be this animal because he's wanted down here for eating the strawberries before we could.

Gezocht01.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
We had a bit of rough weather early this year wich totally wrecked my "outdoor office"

This was after the first big storm, the little gazebo stood totally crooked. About to be blown over.
We mad some plans to repare it but then the second storm of the year came along and that was the last straw for the poor gazebo.

View media item 5575
Now I must say, it was an old thing. Totally outdated and not really pratical anymore but it did do the job and we were not planning on replacing it this year. But when the second big storm had laid it flat to one side we decided to take it apart and recycle the parts.

View media item 5576
And before we are going to put up the new modern gazebo, pavillion tent or whatever people call them I wanted the pavement to be aligned and it does make the place look bigger doesn't it. These are all old stones that came out of the garden allready. We only had to buy the sand and some extra smaller stones to make a pattern. The cobble stones will be used in the garden itself as border lines like the other ones or as decorative elements. I don't like throwing things away, I like to see if I can't find a purpose for it first.

View media item 5577
It took me of my poser work for a while but this was needed asap :D:D:D

Back to work now

Hornet3d

Wise
That is looking good. Mother nature has this knack of giving us the opportunity to take a negative and turn it into a positive, just has to be done in her time scale.