• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I'm gonna run over there and check it out. ;)

Ohhhh, that gallery isn't posted yet. :(

Szark

Awesome
Thanks Ken. I did say I had been waiting a while for Kiwis and wanted to show your work in the best light I could.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can say from past experience Ken, Pete does some amazing renders, so I'm not surprised at your reaction. :D

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
only a little ask...can i put my signature in the image or is better without it?

You can sign it if you want too...The judges aren't connected with the 3D world so they won't know who you are. I would caution anyone from using huge or watermark-type signatures-- those simply detract from your art.

This sounds like fun! :)
Will other entries be publicly visible? I am curious about Pete's too! :)

Entries will be visible usually within a day or two... the gallery moderator has to approve them first.

To answer other questions that usually come up...

-Can I use one of your free download birds? Yes, you can use my bird free downloads (now found in the store section of my website).

-Does a bird have to be the main theme? No... the only rule is that one Songbird ReMix bird has to be in the image. Now saying that, in the previous 9 years of the contest, a non-bird theme image has never won a prize and considering all the judges are going to be "birders" this year, I'd suggest making the image clearly about birds.

-Also, please make sure you are using a Songbird ReMix bird... almost every year, someone enters a piece using the DAZ Songbird or someone else's bird model... I hate to see someone go to all that hard work only to have their piece disqualified.

-If you want to see what has won in the past, the gallery is here.

Last edited:

Antara

Inspired
I have 2 questions:

1) Where will we be able to see the already posted entries when the moderators approve them? (the submittable.com page doesn't seem to have the space for a gallery)

2) Are we allowed to modify the the Songbird product we are using? Such as editing textures, adding morphs, etc.?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I have 2 questions:

1) Where will we be able to see the already posted entries when the moderators approve them? (the submittable.com page doesn't seem to have the space for a gallery)

Look in the MEDIA forum tab

2) Are we allowed to modify the the Songbird product we are using? Such as editing textures, adding morphs, etc.?

Yes, you can... as long as we can still recognize it's a Songbird ReMix model. Look at the 2007 Prize Winners (1st Place)

Antara

Inspired
Thank you!

Now that I found all the entries from last year, I can't wait to see this year's contest category added to the Media tab. Last year's contest was amazing!

Britt

Admirable
If anybody can find the free bird models on Ken's sight for the contest let me know; I searched for an hour and cannot find any! :cry: