• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Poser Service Releases (Updates)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You're quite welcome Laurie. I don't know for sure you actually need to be a registered member to "read" posts, and I also thought others might want to know what was updated, so figured I'd just copy/paste it to make it easier for folks here on our forum.

Oh, and one fix we had been watching on that forum, which I don't see mentioned in this list of Bug Fixes, but clicking on Universe in the Hierarchy Editor no longer crashes Poser. One of the reasons I haven't updated the last couple of updates.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I also prefer having information on what's in an update too. But ... since I don't really like the Smith Micro forums, I wouldn't have bothered with the update unless someone posted here that it was a necessary update. It looks like mostly minor "updates," other than the fixes for crashing. But ... I haven't had any of the crashing issues that are being fixed with this update. Probably because I don't use most of those features that apparently crash.

Thanks for posting the update list Miss B!

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're quite welcome Satira. I gave it some thought, and decided it would be information our HW Poser 11/Poser Pro 11 users would find interesting.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Woot! Satira Capriccio- I have a script I've been building for a while that I put on a _long_ hiatus because the very basic function actor.Delete() or figure.delete() (where actor and figure are the Poser Python actor and figure objects) crashed Poser. My script manages instances, including their materials. If you're like me, and like scenes by creators like Jack Tomalin who tend to use _lots_ of Poser instances of the same figures and props, or even just want to make your own scenes with multiple instances of props or figues, my script (and therefore this update) may be useful for you.

The material options are pretty straight forward. It copies a shader tree/material to other material zones associated in different ways: keyword on the selected or throughout the scene, to all materials on the actor, to all materials throughout the scene with the same name, etc. But I think content creators like you might find that alone useful.

Hornet3d

Wise
I also prefer having information on what's in an update too. But ... since I don't really like the Smith Micro forums, I wouldn't have bothered with the update unless someone posted here that it was a necessary update. It looks like mostly minor "updates," other than the fixes for crashing. But ... I haven't had any of the crashing issues that are being fixed with this update. Probably because I don't use most of those features that apparently crash.

Thanks for posting the update list Miss B!

I have a similar view and the only crash I have had is clicking on Universe in the Hierarchy Editor which I fell across a few days ago. I have deleted all lights a couple of times without issue and the only real sure fire way I have found to crash it is clicking in any window while Poser is processing something and that happens on a regular basis. That aside it seems fairly stable so I think I will give this update a miss, for the time being at least.

Hornet3d

Wise
You're quite welcome Laurie. I don't know for sure you actually need to be a registered member to "read" posts, and I also thought others might want to know what was updated, so figured I'd just copy/paste it to make it easier for folks here on our forum.

Oh, and one fix we had been watching on that forum, which I don't see mentioned in this list of Bug Fixes, but clicking on Universe in the Hierarchy Editor no longer crashes Poser. One of the reasons I haven't updated the last couple of updates.

Thanks for posting the listing on what is in the update. Although I am registered on the other forum the only threads I visit is the Superfly and Dawn threads and even that is very hit and miss so I would not have this information if you had not taken the trouble to post it. Thank you very much, it is appreciated.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's basically why I decided to post it here, as not everyone registered on the SM Forum visits that often, and there's only about maybe a dozen "regulars" who have been active on the questions of "when" we'd finally see the next Service Release, and "what" would be updated.

I haven't updated the past 2 or possibly 3 Service Releases, so I never had the crashing that occurred with clicking on Universe in the Hierarchy Editor, nor deleting all lights. Then again, I usually use a Delete Lights .lt2 option some vendors include with their light sets, so that's not the option SM was referring to in the Release Notes. I haven't decided yet whether I'll update yet, though I'm hoping they've fixed the Library issues that stopped me from updating in the first place, though I've gotten used to the External Library option, and happen to like it.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Question for anyone using Poser Pro 11...I've been following Fugazzi's The Chest tutorials. I've gotten as far as bringing it into Poser, setting the origin, and hiding dials that are unwanted. I've done this in the past, this exact thing. It worked fine. But now, the dials aren't hidden, even though the properties show them as hidden. I set them to disabled, and that shows as well, but they aren't disabled, either. Is this a known bug? Did something change? I have a free utility called Cr2Editor. It's what I used in the past. I opened the prop in Notepad, and the properties are set. Even in Poser, right-clicking and viewing properties shows hidden as true (1), but they're not. The only difference between my past efforts and now is before I had Poser Pro 2010. Silo has been updated, but I haven't used any of the new features. If I set the properties in Poser, it only sets them for the current session. If I load the prop again, it's back to the same condition, dials not hidden.

Help?

Dana

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Question for anyone using Poser Pro 11...I've been following Fugazzi's The Chest tutorials. I've gotten as far as bringing it into Poser, setting the origin, and hiding dials that are unwanted. I've done this in the past, this exact thing. It worked fine. But now, the dials aren't hidden, even though the properties show them as hidden. I set them to disabled, and that shows as well, but they aren't disabled, either. Is this a known bug? Did something change? I have a free utility called Cr2Editor. It's what I used in the past. I opened the prop in Notepad, and the properties are set. Even in Poser, right-clicking and viewing properties shows hidden as true (1), but they're not. The only difference between my past efforts and now is before I had Poser Pro 2010. Silo has been updated, but I haven't used any of the new features. If I set the properties in Poser, it only sets them for the current session. If I load the prop again, it's back to the same condition, dials not hidden.

Help?

Dana
Dana, on the Parameters Tab there's an arrow to the right, click that and make certain that Show Hidden is NOT checked. If it is it will ignore the settings in your file.

Attachments

• ShowHidden.jpg
    ShowHidden.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 131

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana, on the Parameters Tab there's an arrow to the right, click that and make certain that Show Hidden is NOT checked. If it is it will ignore the settings in your file.
Would you look at that?! Thank you! This was driving me crazy!

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Attention Poser 12 users!! There's a new version of Poser 12 now available!!!

Poser 12.0.1029

Grab a copy of the Release Notes to see what's been updated and/or what (if anything) is new. :D

Hornet3d

Wise
Attention Poser 12 users!! There's a new version of Poser 12 now available!!!

Poser 12.0.1029

Grab a copy of the Release Notes to see what's been updated and/or what (if anything) is new. :D

Thank you for the information. I have downloaded and installed the update, I had a few errors during installing which I skipped as I had the option. It could well be my computer rather than Poser mind. Importantly Poser does launch into my preferred and i have done a quick test render and all seems fine.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to hear Hornet. I've been too busy in P12 today to do the update yet, but I'll probably get to it later, or tomorrow.