• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Poser Service Releases (Updates)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Going back in time to "start" a thread for Poser updates :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
More Poser updates, PP11 this time

In case you folks who use Poser and have upgraded to version 11 aren't aware, there's a new update that was posted to Smith Micro's site yesterday. I just happened to be over there looking for some info, and decided to check it out. Below are the links to the update pages, depending on which Poser 11 you're using:

Poser 11 Updates

Poser Pro 11 Updates

Edited to Add - 1/24/16

OK, folks, there's another set of updates for those using PoserPro 11 and Poser Content. I don't know if it's ready yet for Poser 11 Standard.

The new version number if 11.0.1.31562, and contains fixes. There's a full list of the updates in the second post in this thread at RDNA --> NEW Poser Update 11.0.2.31562 has been released with Content Update 11.2.31562

According to Chuck Taylor (Nerd3D), the official release date is tomorrow (1/25/16), but a few folks at RDNA spotted it early. ;)

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Just a bit of information on any Poser, and the new one may have this little bug too.

If you are running Windows 10 and the Poser exe file stops working it is because of the automatic security update for Flash player.
And just so you don't think you have to uninstall and reinstall Poser, there is a thread at RDNA that gives info on how to fix it.

It is in the Poser 10/2014 Forum ( Please help! Poser Pro 2014 sudeenly doesn´t start with Windows 10 ) and it sure was a big help for me.
I nearly drove myself up the wall trying to fix Poser until I found this thread.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm on Windows 7 Pro, but I had a problem with my Poser 9's libraries not working the day after I went through a bunch of Windows updates, including IE11. SM eventually put out updates for all the versions out then to compensate for this, but I had already gone back a restore point to the day before, and then shut down IE10 so it would never be updated again. I haven't had a problem with the Poser libraries since.

I'm sure this isn't the problem you had FL, and thanks for the link to that forum thread at RDNA. I usually try to run through those forum threads to see what's what, but since I don't have Windows 10, I never read that particular one.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm on Windows 7 Pro, but I had a problem with my Poser 9's libraries not working the day after I went through a bunch of Windows updates, including IE11. SM eventually put out updates for all the versions out then to compensate for this, but I had already gone back a restore point to the day before, and then shut down IE10 so it would never be updated again. I haven't had a problem with the Poser libraries since.

I'm sure this isn't the problem you had FL, and thanks for the link to that forum thread at RDNA. I usually try to run through those forum threads to see what's what, but since I don't have Windows 10, I never read that particular one.

I've lost my library for Poser 10 (windows 7) but aren't prepared to uninstall a security update, hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Miss B

CV-BEE
If I'm not mistaken Poser 10 had an update back when they updated Poser 9 because of the IE 11 problem and the Poser Library. Check the Smith Micro site and see if your Poser 10 had the most current Service Release installed.

Poser 10 Updates

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Is this an update I should grab? I admit that I am normally in the camp of "if it ain't broke, don't break it by trying to fix it."

I haven't noticed any major issues; some jumping here and there with the library folders, but no crashing or anything. I did read through the list of changes... are we able to roll back an update if the update causes problems?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Able.
Variants:
A. As probably intendent by SM. In Edit-Prefertences set numbers of previous installers to keep to 2 or more. In case of problems find download folder for SM and reinstall with keeped installers.
B. Download update files only. Do not download full installers. If case of problems reinstall full version.
C. Locate download folder for SM download manager. Find installers here. Copy somewhere, and in case of problems reinstall from here.