• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I dunno seems your are kind of missing your platform audience leaving them in one location without the main product being there anymore, but ok.

Rendo is almost entirely that way. I made a lot there doing stuff for the Mil Horse back in the day. We are also hoping to drive traffic back to the Hive as well.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I got ya, but ...... would really love to do some breed morphs for the horse and stylized morphs that are not included in what is available currently and possibly like head and body morphs.

There is absolutely no reason you can't, and sell them here!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Keep in mind, this was before DAZ went hard core anti other store products. It had been quite common for people to post about products from other stores before then. Everyone knew everyone shopped at more stores than just DAZ. Seriously ... it's not like DAZ filled all the needs of every customer. Of COURSE, we'd shop at multiple stores! No need to be draconian about it. Or ... Orwellian :p

Wasn't at all uncommon for a PA to sell a product at DAZ for a product sold elsewhere, just like you can find products at Renderosity for DAZ or HiveWire products. Honestly, we're such a small world, there really isn't room for a company to pretend they exist in a vacuum.

I'd always gotten a notification from the forum moderation team when a post was removed, with an explanation why. In fact, this was reaffirmed time and again on the forums that we'd receive an explanation when a post was removed. I had a number of posts removed simply because I'd quoted a post that was removed. But always ... I got a notification as to why my post was removed.

Until 2013 and HiveWire created a "competing" figure native in both Poser and DS. Competing only in DS that is ... since Genesis barely functioned ... if at all in Poser. Before then, there had been plenty of posts for other competing figures ... even the Poser figures.

I really appreciate that HiveWire is so open minded. It results in far fewer confrontations on the forums when people aren't treated like poorly behaving children you have to keep in line by threatening with a beating. It's a real joy to be able to discuss just about anything here as adults ... even when it's a rather polarizing subject with extremely strong feelings/opinions/beliefs. I love my HiveWire ... as much as I love the HiveWire product line.

I don't know if it's been a somewhat recent change to how they moderate, but any time I've ever had a post removed, I've always gotten a notification from the forum moderation team that it's been removed and why; usually it's because other posts I've quoted have been deleted, but on occasion it's been something I've posted.

Edit: I think if it does contain discussion of content from other stores it may get deleted under certain circumstances, as they don't want discussion of products that aren't sold there. I know I've seen posts deleted from the PA products forum if they don't end up being sold at DAZ.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Rendo is almost entirely that way. I made a lot there doing stuff for the Mil Horse back in the day. We are also hoping to drive traffic back to the Hive as well.

This is true, and happens daily at Renderosity.

The problem comes in when you can't cross link the products. Renderosity allows their vendors to link to the DAZ product on the store page; DAZ does not.

At RDNA we could add text that said, Required Products: <name of product>, available at Renderosity/DAZ/etc. with no link

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist

The problem comes in when you can't cross link the products. Renderosity allows their vendors to link to the DAZ product on the store page; DAZ does not.

At RDNA we could add text that said, Required Products: <name of product>, available at Renderosity/DAZ/etc. with no link

Oh I do know what you mean. But in this case with having the base models at Daz, and many of the add-ons here at the Hive or at Rendo etc, one can do that. The HW base animal products will still show up here but link to Daz to buy them.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It will be different too in that the HiveWire animal product pages will still be in the HiveWire store. It's just that they will link to the DAZ product pages.

But then, you have the problem that if people buy the HiveWire animals at DAZ without realizing HiveWire exists or are unwilling to shop outside DAZ, they won't ever know about the add ons at HiveWire. And ... if you can't get your add on products carried by DAZ, well ... clearly, it will affect sales. Which will affect future products. Which will ultimately affect whether a content provider bothers to develop for products they don't believe will be profitable. Which will ultimately hurt not just content providers, but customers, and eventually ... cause store closures and one day ... destroy the world.

Which is one reason I believe this market is far too small for a cutthroat mindset.

For the record, I have never been accused of catastrophic thinking. Not once. Never ... ever.

I dunno seems your are kind of missing your platform audience leaving them in one location without the main product being there anymore, but ok.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh I do know what you mean. But in this case with having the base models at Daz, and many of the add-ons here at the Hive or at Rendo etc, one can do that. The HW base animal products will still show up here but link to Daz to buy them.

My point, however, is that it will not be reciprocated from the DAZ side. No one will be allowed to even post a link to Hivewire on the forums, much less in product pages.

Seems to be a pretty one-sided arrangement if you ask me.

Hornet3d

Wise

It is difficult without cross linking , agreed. Mind you there have been times when I have seen an add on, such as hair colouring or styles, only to find that the main product is no longer available. I understand there are still sales to be had from those that purchase the product when it was availble but it is still annoying if you like the product.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And ... I'll third it. Or fourth and fifth it if there are a dozen posts between Hornets and mine ;)

So ... like. I'm not getting very far with my Jacanas + Frog + Lily Pad + Cypress Swamp possible submission for the 11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It will be different too in that the HiveWire animal product pages will still be in the HiveWire store. It's just that they will link to the DAZ product pages.

But then, you have the problem that if people buy the HiveWire animals at DAZ without realizing HiveWire exists or are unwilling to shop outside DAZ, they won't ever know about the add ons at HiveWire. And ... if you can't get your add on products carried by DAZ, well ... clearly, it will affect sales. Which will affect future products. Which will ultimately affect whether a content provider bothers to develop for products they don't believe will be profitable. Which will ultimately hurt not just content providers, but customers, and eventually ... cause store closures and one day ... destroy the world.

Which is one reason I believe this market is far too small for a cutthroat mindset.

For the record, I have never been accused of catastrophic thinking. Not once. Never ... ever.

Oh def. agreed Satira. This will be an experiment for sure that may or may not work. That said, I and HW3D have the ability to pull our products out of Daz down the road and return them to Hive or anywhere else we would like to sell, if we so wish, since we will be vendors there/we have not sold them to Daz.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That it has!

I think I've posted more since 3:30 am than I have in weeks :p But then ... I'm also trying to get the Sweete line of products ready for submitting to QAM, and have started my next set of products. I never, ever bite off more than I can chew.

Though, I quite frequently try to swallow and inhale at the same time.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh def. agreed Satira. This will be an experiment for sure that may or may not work. That said, I and HW3D have the ability to pull our products out of Daz down the road and return them to Hive or anywhere else we would like to sell, if we so wish, since we will be vendors there/we have not sold them to Daz.

I valuable point that makes me feel so much better, I hope it works but I am also pleased there is a plan B, if only there had been one for RDNA.

Hornet3d

Wise
That it has!

I think I've posted more since 3:30 am than I have in weeks :p But then ... I'm also trying to get the Sweete line of products ready for submitting to QAM, and have started my next set of products. I never, ever bite off more than I can chew.

Though, I quite frequently try to swallow and inhale at the same time.

:rofl:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My point, however, is that it will not be reciprocated from the DAZ side. No one will be allowed to even post a link to Hivewire on the forums, much less in product pages.

Seems to be a pretty one-sided arrangement if you ask me.

I do get what you are saying... all I can say it is what it is and one has to accept it or not. One just has to work around it the best they can.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Exactly, Laurie - there are some thing you just have to accept, compromise on, and bite your tongue ;)

That's fair and it is so difficult to moderate, but I would rather see some moderation than none at all.

There has to be some, for sure. I think here, partly because of the ground rules Lisa & Chris set down and the entire atmosphere they create, it tends to be easier that other places. People know that there's not to be fighting or bashing, but disagreeing and expressing concern are fine...as long as it's done politely.

Problem with that some get to like it so it counts as a reward :).

That was about my whip comment...and yeah, true *cough* *@RamWolff* *cough*

Thanks Alisa. Nice folks here, and I may dig out my copy of Dawn and see what I can make for her.

That would be awesome!

I think your right, dogs are easier but there are a few downsides in comparison with cats.

Yeah, both have advantages and disadvantages, for sure. Can't have cats anymore (except 3d ones) as I am allergic and have asthma.

There is absolutely no reason you can't, and sell them here!

Right! People buy stuff for DAZ products over at Rendo, right? Here, too!

I really appreciate that HiveWire is so open minded. It results in far fewer confrontations on the forums when people aren't treated like poorly behaving children you have to keep in line by threatening with a beating. It's a real joy to be able to discuss just about anything here as adults ... even when it's a rather polarizing subject with extremely strong feelings/opinions/beliefs. I love my HiveWire ... as much as I love the HiveWire product line.

Me too! But I guess that means I really DO have to put away my whip :p

Yep, and here, we link on the product page and list where it's available (along with the creator of the product) in the ReadMe.

But then ... I'm also trying to get the Sweete line of products ready for submitting to QAM.
LOL, that Chai ain't working, girl. Is that standing for Quality Assurance Make-it-go-in-the-store-now?

ETA -since I've had to edit this twice already, clearly my coffee ain't working either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.