• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: HiveWire 3D to publish Animals through DAZ 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well I wondered why it's been SO quiet here... (shopping wise)... While I totally understand the business reasons for the move, it's still sad (to me) that it has to be done... and of course, I'll shop "HW3d" at the DAZ store!!! What a HUGE JOB it must be to change all the folder structures/images etc. Sympathy hugs to you all!! :grouphug:

and THANK YOU for making sure we'll have a POSER FORMAT!!!!!! Good thing I've kept my DAZ user name and password! ;)

When I get to it, I will still do my mil horse map conversion FREEBIES... (my various chestnuts are due next when my hand joints allow, now that Laurie's are out).... So, I'm to call those: "Mil horse maps for the HW3D horse", right? :)

And the WINGS for Harry.... will those come out here or over there? Still waiting anxiously for those and the racing tack....

Uh.... so the B/W house cat maps- those will be at DAZ then? (soon, I hope - still so looking forward to those)! :)

I LOVE MY DAWN AND DUSK, AND REMAIN DEVOTED TO THE .... Hive Wire human family figures!

Stezza

Dances with Bees
We plan to keep doing what we're doing, so please don't worry about that, Stezza.

Chris will still be posting his WIP threads, and we'll still be listening to all of the input you folks give us.

:flower02:

One good thing here at the Hive is when I buy an animal product it comes with both DS & Poser formats so if one doesn't work in Carrara the other may or between the two something can be done...

Now that they are at Daz I guess any future animal releases will be two independent purchases?.... as that's what Daz do/did.

and I imagine there are going to be new animal releases on Monday at Daz which explains no releases here recently.

is this guy going to be at Daz?....

eclark1894

Visionary
So... if I ever actually get around to finishing my Stable for the Hivewire Horse, I won't be forced to make a Studio version or sell it at DAZ?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well I wondered why it's been SO quiet here... (shopping wise).

Partly busy with updating stuff, partly just one of those natural ebb and flow things. QAV is hopping right now ;) I know Deecey's already mentioned that her (and Chuck's) Maisie is on her way here along with some other of their supporting products for her. Plenty more will be coming down the HiveWire store pipeline ! We're looking forward to lots of things our awesome CAs are planning, and HW products for our other figures!

What a HUGE JOB it must be to change all the folder structures/images etc. Sympathy hugs to you all!!
:grouphug:

Aww, thanks, though we didn't change folder structures (so those who've created addons in the past or will in the future need not worry)...However, Laurie's created new images and has been madly updating products, so we were busy checking those out ;).

When I get to it, I will still do my mil horse map conversion FREEBIES... (my various chestnuts are due next when my hand joints allow, now that Laurie's are out).... So, I'm to call those: "Mil horse maps for the HW3D horse", right? :)

Either way. We're not changing the name of products sold here. If you notice, my avatar has always said "HW3D", so we've always used that in some places.

And the WINGS for Harry.... will those come out here or over there? Still waiting anxiously for those and the racing tack....

Nope, coming out here. They're flying around QAV along with the Racehorse Tack stuff ;)

Uh.... so the B/W house cat maps- those will be at DAZ then? (soon, I hope - still so looking forward to those)! :)

Laurie's maps? I think she's planning to release those here, but you'd have to ask her.

I LOVE MY DAWN AND DUSK, AND REMAIN DEVOTED TO THE .... Hive Wire human family figures!

Awww....as are we!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
One good thing here at the Hive is when I buy an animal product it comes with both DS & Poser formats so if one doesn't work in Carrara the other may or between the two something can be done...

Now that they are at Daz I guess any future animal releases will be two independent purchases?.... as that's what Daz do/did.

and I imagine there are going to be new animal releases on Monday at Daz which explains no releases here recently.

is this guy going to be at Daz?....

LOL, Stezza - that made me laugh when you posted it before, and does now!

I don't know of any plans to separate the DS & Poser versions of our products. Some things at DAZ contain both DS & Poser versions, others don't - I'm sure it's totally up to the PA there, as it is here :). We have some CAs who choose to do things that way, some who do only DS versions, some who do only Poser versions, and some who do a combined one.

Remember, we are not DAZ, and DAZ is not buying us ...we are simply going to be vendors there with our animals, just as people like Virtual World and others who sell things at different stores are.

So... if I ever actually get around to finishing my Stable for the Hivewire Horse, I won't be forced to make a Studio version or sell it at DAZ?

No, you definitely will NOT be forced to do either thing. NOTHING is changing except that we will be selling the HW Animals at DAZ.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just to reiterate - the Big Cat products should be released at DAZ Monday, House Cat products have been submitted there, but no release date yet. Horse product updates are in work, so they'll be a bit.

Hornet3d

Wise
I must say I was a bit sad to hear this but I can't really explain why, particularly as I still shop at Daz on rare occasions. I suspect that the slight uneasiness is related to what happened to RDNA and how that ended up, particularly for Syyd.

Thinking of it though, this is very different and I can see that this may have been an uncomfortable decision but one that needed to be made for the greater good. I have always liked Hivewire and have always been happy to trust Chris and the rest of the team and I will continue to do so. As I have said, I still shop at Daz so I will buy the HW3D items I want as they appear.

Looking on a brighter note, the fact that DAZ is taking the animals in both formats can only be a good thing for Poser users as most the Poser stuff there is getting a bit long in the tooth.

As always, I wish the whole Hivewire team every success in this venture.

Finally, thank you foe being so transparent and taking the trouble to explain the reasoning, a rare occurrence these days but none the lee important for that.

eclark1894

Visionary
I must say I was a bit sad to hear this but I can't really explain why, particularly as I still shop at Daz on rare occasions. I suspect that the slight uneasiness is related to what happened to RDNA and how that ended up, particularly for Syyd.

Thinking of it though, this is very different and I can see that this may have been an uncomfortable decision but one that needed to be made for the greater good. I have always liked Hivewire and have always been happy to trust Chris and the rest of the team and I will continue to do so. As I have said, I still shop at Daz so I will buy the HW3D items I want as they appear.

Looking on a brighter note, the fact that DAZ is taking the animals in both formats can only be a good thing for Poser users as most the Poser stuff there is getting a bit long in the tooth.

As always, I wish the whole Hivewire team every success in this venture.

Finally, thank you foe being so transparent and taking the trouble to explain the reasoning, a rare occurrence these days but none the lee important for that.
I think, it's because it feels like it's a step in that general direction. It just makes you feel a bit uneasy.

Hornet3d

Wise

From my experience this is not always the case I think Alisa is right that it is down to the vendor. A lot of the single format content comes from vendors who no longer support Poser, names like Stonemason and Ironman13 spring to mind. The new Poser stuff at Daz 3d is limited (although this agreement could start a whole new trend) but I have purchased a good number of Petipet products recently and they all come in both formats. Not only that but they work straight from the box in Poser and with some stunning results. I know that should be the case but it is just pleasing that it is the case in practice as well as in theory.

I don't use Carrara (well only the slot racing version), I used to but abandoned it when it was left to die. Having seen some of your renders I am tempted to have another go at running some of my own renders through it.

Whether I ever get around to it is another story but I sincerely hope your worst fears are not realised.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think, it's because it feels like it's a step in that general direction. It just makes you feel a bit uneasy.

Yes, I think you may well be right, sort of the 'thin edge of the wedge principle'. I do know I am very happy that Dawn and the rest of the human family are staying here, I hope they will for the long term but, if not, at least we can see how this goes in the meantime.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
It sounds as if you have put a lot of thought, planning and negotiation into this. Here's hoping it will lead to a positive result for HiveWire3D and for Poser and DS users.

If people have purchased animal products through the HiveWire3D store that are going to be moved, will those products still be downloadable from their HiveWire store account after the move?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My initial fear was that Chris was announcing DAZ is buying HiveWire!

Once I understood this just means that HiveWire is going to have a presence in the DAZ store as a PA, it became a bit less frightening. I mean ... being a HiveWire CA is a not insignificant part of my plan for retirement. While I joked for years about selling flowers on a San Francisco street corner ... that has never been a seriously considered backup! I'd have to live in my Prius. And well, a Prius c is just a wee bit smaller than my apartment. Just where would I put Tsuki's litter box?!? Could you imagine how tiny a tiny house would need to be for the Prius c to be able to tow it?!? Clearly, it's possible. People have built tiny houses small enough to be towed by a bicycle. But would I want to live THIS tiny?!?

I understand HiveWire's decision and the reasoning. But, it still scares me. In my opinion, DAZ doesn't have a very good track record toward those they view as serious competitors. More importantly, I don't trust DAZ. I think that pretty much sums it all up to me. I trust HiveWire. I don't trust DAZ.

Absolutely no question ... Chris is a bigger man than I am :confused:

Which isn't all that difficult considering I'm female, barely top 5 feet, and a Scorpio.

If this makes more people aware that HiveWire exists and supports both DS and Poser ... natively. And, if it brings even a fraction of those people to HiveWire ... then cool. It's unbelievable there are still people unaware of the HiveWire figures and animals. Takes some pretty big blinders NOT to have seen any products or mention of Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any of the HiveWire animals at Renderosity or RDNA. Then again ... perhaps there is a huge contingent of people who only shop at DAZ and are entirely unaware other stores exist. Is that possible?!?

Oh good grief. I've spent more than three hours writing this little post?!? It was like ... just 3:30 am?!?

Hornet3d

Wise
My initial fear was that Chris was announcing DAZ is buying HiveWire!

Once I understood this just means that HiveWire is going to have a presence in the DAZ store as a PA, it became a bit less frightening. I mean ... being a HiveWire CA is a not insignificant part of my plan for retirement. While I joked for years about selling flowers on a San Francisco street corner ... that has never been a seriously considered backup! I'd have to live in my Prius. And well, a Prius c is just a wee bit smaller than my apartment. Just where would I put Tsuki's litter box?!? Could you imagine how tiny a tiny house would need to be for the Prius c to be able to tow it?!? Clearly, it's possible. People have built tiny houses small enough to be towed by a bicycle. But would I want to live THIS tiny?!?

I understand HiveWire's decision and the reasoning. But, it still scares me. In my opinion, DAZ doesn't have a very good track record toward those they view as serious competitors. More importantly, I don't trust DAZ. I think that pretty much sums it all up to me. I trust HiveWire. I don't trust DAZ.

Absolutely no question ... Chris is a bigger man than I am :confused:

Which isn't all that difficult considering I'm female, barely top 5 feet, and a Scorpio.

If this makes more people aware that HiveWire exists and supports both DS and Poser ... natively. And, if it brings even a fraction of those people to HiveWire ... then cool. It's unbelievable there are still people unaware of the HiveWire figures and animals. Takes some pretty big blinders NOT to have seen any products or mention of Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any of the HiveWire animals at Renderosity or RDNA. Then again ... perhaps there is a huge contingent of people who only shop at DAZ and are entirely unaware other stores exist. Is that possible?!?

Oh good grief. I've spent more than three hours writing this little post?!? It was like ... just 3:30 am?!?

Clearly, from what I have already said, I am very much in the same camp as you. I can see how this would help Hivewire3D, good as the animal figures are, I cannot see what Daz gets from this, certainly not in the short term. It really bothers me what Daz's long term plan is. I only hope I am correct when I say that they would not take Dawn on board as it is clearly competition for the Genesis gravy train, but then I would never have predicted this this change either.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Questions? Concerns? Go ahead and let us know, or feel free to pm one of us if you prefer.

I am really conflicted.........but......

1) That they approached Chris is pretty telling;
2) That they are including Poser versions is astonishing;
3) That he's not selling under Hivewire sucks. I'm surprised he agreed to that.
4) Does this mean we might get more support for the human figures from HW?

I'm happy for Hivewire to have another outlet for these astonishing products. I can't say I'm not stunned over this development, though.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I don't feel that Daz including Poser versions is astonishing at all, to those of us who spend time at Daz we know that the theories about Daz not allowing or encouraging Poser content tend to be a bit alarmist and exaggerated. As for Daz contacting HW I don't find it odd or anything else, what is the point of putting time and resources into creating a product when an excellent version already exists, and from what Chris said HW have always maintained a line of communication between them and Daz. And he is selling under an abbreviation of Hivewire it's still their name.
Personally I see this as a positive move, I feel that the products will get a whole shed load of new supporting products; hopefully fur will be one of them; and lots more morphs and breeds. Daz has a lot of very talented creators hopefully thi will encourage them to support the animals and also provide Poser support; as long as the Poser users support that effort then you may find them returning more to supporting Poser.

Ghostman

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I still have a bad taste since the RDNA thing. Too bad I don't shop at Daz since I like all those animals that is coming. Oh well. Can't have it all I guess.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't feel that Daz including Poser versions is astonishing at all, to those of us who spend time at Daz we know that the theories about Daz not allowing or encouraging Poser content tend to be a bit alarmist and exaggerated. As for Daz contacting HW I don't find it odd or anything else, what is the point of putting time and resources into creating a product when an excellent version already exists, and from what Chris said HW have always maintained a line of communication between them and Daz. And he is selling under an abbreviation of Hivewire it's still their name.
Personally I see this as a positive move, I feel that the products will get a whole shed load of new supporting products; hopefully fur will be one of them; and lots more morphs and breeds. Daz has a lot of very talented creators hopefully thi will encourage them to support the animals and also provide Poser support; as long as the Poser users support that effort then you may find them returning more to supporting Poser.

That is a lot of positives and I agree that there are a lot of talented people over at Daz. I am not so sure on the stance of Daz in relation to Poser and certainly, from my point of view the RDNA take over and the result thereof is not a good indicator. I am not a Daz hater so I really am prepared to be convinced that I am wrong and I will be looking at how the HW3D products go over there.

I do also agree on your comment on using resources to create a product when an excellent version already exists. I have used the same argument in the past over the future of SM who I think would be wasting resources in developing a new figure when so many good ones already exist.

I have little doubt that this will increase sales and, if as you suggest, this actually increase the Poser content in general it looks like a win win situation. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.