• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Office Lady for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's good to have options, and that's why I have been making this wide variety of outfits for Dawn. Here goes other materials from the package. No pantyhose this time. :D

OL2.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Glad to see this revived. I hear you about JCM's they are not as scary to make as they used to be, that's for sure! lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Miss B! I have just realized it has been YEARS I haven't rendered with Firefly, after I have switched to Octane. I have overdone the AO and one of her eyes has turned black. XD

This secretary could be a secret identity of a superhero - maybe Queen Bee, or the Crimson Foxie? ^^

@RAMWolff Indeed! It's not that it's difficult, but instead that I wasn't doing it right until now - especially that "Legs Split" part. Now that I am back to Poser, everything looks clear to me. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
'Allowed', I like that. Dresses and skirt/jacket suits are very de rigueur here for officewear but sans the two pant pantyhose. It was to keep the stupid things up! Otherwise I had wrinkly knees :(

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have used ZB with GoZ to fix morphs and JCMs for the last 2 years, but this time I have used the plain Morphing Tool in Poser, and it does the job SO much better and simpler. For starters, ZB doesn't have a conforming brush option, not to mention I don't have to leave Poser to see the results. In addition, ZB doesn't support my 3D mouse, and that makes me really frustrated. It's the only 3D application I know that doesn't support it. Doing everything in Poser also allows me to repose the figure to test the morph corrections, while in ZB I can't move anything. It was really comfy to be able to do the entire pipeline without leaving Poser with vertex precision using the Morphing Tool. With the conforming brush, I can even tell it how far from the figure skin I want the outfit to be at any part of the body, smoothing, fixing and re-conforming on the spot. I think it's the perfect tool for the job. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Lorraine Oh, you must be referring to garter belts? Just like stockings, those can only be found at fetish stores nowadays. All this thanks for that guy who came up with pantyhose and spoiled everything for the rest of us. ;p

Lorraine

No, Ken, I was still referring to stupid pantyhose. You put panties on. You put the pantyhose on. And if you were a tall skinny hipless wonder like I was, you put another pair of panties over the lot to keep the stupid pantyhose from slithering down your hipless wonders.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Have the content creation tools in Poser changed all that much from the previous version Ken? I do have Poser Pro 2014

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, Ken, I was still referring to stupid pantyhose. You put panties on. You put the pantyhose on. And if you were a tall skinny hipless wonder like I was, you put another pair of panties over the lot to keep the stupid pantyhose from slithering down your hipless wonders.
Ahhhhh, OK. I'm large boned, so even when I was still wearing a size 12 dress (in my youth), I had a pair of hips to keep the pantyhose up. I also preferred panty liners to wearing a pair of panties under the pantyhose.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I'm curious about more info on correcting JCM's, as I may need it for my outfit for Dawn I'm working on. I only have Poser 9, though, so probably no morphing tools. Is there a video in the CA section that covers this?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff I am also using PP2014 over here, so I have the same you do. It was I who changed pipeline, this time starting projects from Poser instead of DS, and found out that the parts I was getting stuck with in DS are just really simple to do in Poser using the Morphing Tool.

@3wComics Don't worry - Poser 9 also has the Morphing Tool. It's the "pointing finger" hand icon on the top left "Editing Tools" palette. It has been there since Poser 7 as far as I can remember. Instead of switching to other programs, you can simply do everything in Poser using the morphing brush. This includes fixing mangled morphs and JCM fixing morphs. You can even create new morphs using it.

For the last 2 years I have been trying to do this in DS4, but it doesn't have a tool that can manipulate geometry at vertex level like the Morphing Tool, so we have to use external programs like ZBrush. The problem with that is that we cannot repose the figure to test the changes until we have already returned to DS and committed the changes. In Poser, the Morphing Tool resolves all of that by allowing us to edit the geometry directly in the Poser viewport, while being able to repose the figure at any time, as well as undo, or even remove all changes with a press of a button. When you are ready with the changes, you can simply export the shape as OBJ, click the reset butron to remove all changes, and start the next morph editing. No ZBrush or any other external tool needed! ^__^

In the case of fixing JCMs, we can work with the figure posed, edit the shape with the Morphing Tool, and when we are done, just unpose the figure and export the shape to OBJ - no need to reverse injections like it is with DS. So much simpler! ^^

My all-time favorite part of the Morphing Tool is the conforming brush, where we can set the offset distance we want the clothing to be from the figure skin, and brush it away without ever worrying about pokethrus! Try that with ZBrush! I know 3DSMAX 2015 also has a conforming brush, but it tends to mangle the mesh when used. But why worry about all that when we can do it all in Poser? :D

Lorraine

Wow, Ken, I never knew you could do all that in Poser! I thinks maybe I could persevere a bit more with Poser and stop being so scared of it :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Lorraine In my case, I knew about the Morphing Tool for years, but I was only using it for trivial things like fixing pokethrus. What a waste - this thing can do a lot more. And after having tried the conforming brush, I don't want to use ZBrush for fixing morphs anymore, because it doesn't test for collisions with the figure. And it's also nice to be back to Poser again, where I am at home.

On the other hand, that's when it becomes more evident how well conforming works in DS, and how not-so-well it does in Poser. But having the Morphing Tool to fix things, may be one thing compensate for the other. :)