• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Office Lady for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Retaking this outfit now that I have finally figured out how to handle the JCMs that got it stuck last year. This is close to final version with morphs (Voluptuous + SuperModel here) and the default materials. This a Firefly render in Poser Pro 2014.

PS: These are not pantyhose, I've just darkened the legs. ;p

OL.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's a trick I use whenever possible since no one can tell the difference. ;p

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very true. The only time you can tell is if you want the "stockings" to have a patterns like a fancy mesh. Geeze, it's been decades since I wore that type of pantyhose, but they were very popular back in the 60s and 70s.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Well, I have included lace stockings for Dawn with my "Diamond Dress". Whenever I need lace stockings, I use those. They should work with this outfit as well. ^^

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nice outfit, Ken :) Do ladies still wear pantyhose in the Northern Hemisphere? They've pretty much disappeared down here except for thick tights in the winter.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wore them too when I was still working. Now-a-days, only if I absolutely have to wear a dress, but that's not too often. ;)

Lorraine

In the summer I don't think anyone would wear them here at all. But in the winter, I wear thick black tights and if I'm going out somewhere flash, a pair of sheer black tights for warmth. I haven't seen anyone in flesh coloured ones for yonks. They do make good ties for tomato plants though ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Me being a guy, I remember at some point I wanted to to KILL the guy who invented pantyhose. I didn't live the days when women wore sexy stockings everywhere. Then one day this guy came and said "Look honey, I've sewed your panties to your stockings", and ruined everything. LOL ;p

Lorraine

Except you still had to wear panties, and try and keep the stupid pantyhose up, so you often had to wear ANOTHER pair of panties over them. Talk about ironclad underwear ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice outfit, Ken :) Do ladies still wear pantyhose in the Northern Hemisphere? They've pretty much disappeared down here except for thick tights in the winter.

A lot of the older women in my area (NY state) still wear them. I don't see them on hardly anyone in my age group, though. And I myself never, ever bothered with those stupid things. Waste of time and aggravation, especially as they often turn into a one-use-only thing because they frelling rip on the first wear anyway...

Me being a guy, I remember at some point I wanted to to KILL the guy who invented pantyhose. I didn't live the days when women wore sexy stockings everywhere. Then one day this guy came and said "Look honey, I've sewed your panties to your stockings", and ruined everything. LOL ;p

:roflmao: :rofl:

I can see where a guy would find them rather annoying.... :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think Japan might be the only country where girls still wear dresses these days. Although women from around the world had plenty of time and opportunity to wear dresses in the past, Japan was closed to the outside world for 400 years, so they are a bit late in this game. ^^

Nonetheless, I am not including either pantyhose (ugh!) or stockings with this outfit. People can always darken the legs or use the lace stockings from my Diamond Dress.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Eh... I still see plenty of girls and women my age and older who wear dresses, Ken. I think that part (dresses) might just depend on the locality of where we live. I mean, really, if you're living in the mountains, more often than not things like dresses and skirts are NOT practical for everyday wear at ALL. Those things are reserved for special or formal occasions.

I notice that more folks are going the skirt/blouse route with their clothing. But part of that, IMO, is because people for the most part no longer make their own clothes, but buy things off of a rack in a store. And frankly, it is very rare that you can buy a dress off of a rack and have it fit you right on both the top and bottom half. I can't buy ANY dress off a rack for just that reason; my upper half is a full clothing size smaller than the lower half. So I either buy for the hips and fight with falling out of the top of it, or I buy for the top and fight with trying to squeeze into a vacuum meat packaging.

No thanks. I do a blouse and skirt when I absolutely HAVE to wear something like that. (*shudders* BLECH!)

But... I also have a rule about my clothing, too... if I can't fight and run in it - I won't wear it - even for formal occasion and special events. :p

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't know where you live, but in the US and down here in Brazil, I haven't seen dresses in ages. In the US I have lived in both west and east costs, and haven't seen dresses that I can remember. I guess, like you said, it depends on where you live.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know where you live, but in the US and down here in Brazil, I haven't seen dresses in ages. In the US I have lived in both west and east costs, and haven't seen dresses that I can remember. I guess, like you said, it depends on where you live.

I actually live on the east coast... NY State. I do see them pretty frequently, and the stores in this area stock lots and lots of them (most of which are casual/not suitable for special occasion wear), so they must be selling to someone. And I do see them pretty often. It might just be locality, though, yeah. If I go to the west end or south end of the state, I see barely any at all, except on older women. But in my area we see quite a few. Oh, they are definitely way outnumbered by the jeans/tshirt and skirt/shirt crowd. But I do see them often.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Except you still had to wear panties, and try and keep the stupid pantyhose up, so you often had to wear ANOTHER pair of panties over them. Talk about ironclad underwear ;)
You wore 2 pairs of panties with your pantyhose? Talk about being overdressed. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well, here in NY City, there are lots of dresses, or skirt/jacket suits still being worn in the work environment.

I worked for an old fashioned "white shoe" law firm for 40 years, and it was only in the last dozen or so years they "allowed" us to wear pant suits to work.