• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

NG Artplay Products

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Again, lol. I had a Show Me the Honey (or in my case 'show me the chocolate') thread but I can't find it so I hope you don't mind me posting up a new one.

I've been living in a soap opera for 1/2 a year after hubby's father passed away and my elderly mother fell and broke her leg after having fallen and broken her pelvis previous to that. I finally felt like I could breathe and then we all had that shake up at RDNA.

So, I took a step back, breathed and here I am again :)

I'm presenting an add-on texture pack for Rose2000's lovely Dawn outfit 'Just Me for Dawn' being sold here.
Mine is called Leather Wear for Just Me for Dawn:
Leather Wear for Just Me for Dawn - A NGArtplay Creation

The original outfit and my add-on are for Poser but I've included .dsa files in my texture pack in case you would like to convert the outfit for Daz Studio. My texture pack turns the outfit into a fantasy theme or even an Indian style look. Put Dawn bareback with no stockings or shoes and she'll look like and Indian princess. Put a shield and sword into her hands and she can be a Roman mountain warrior.

Converting Tip: The outfit converts nicely as long as you do not have Dawn selected when you are opening the Poser cr2 file. After it loads go to File/Edit/Rigging/convert to Triax weight mapping. You can then fit the outfit to Dawn and it should work well. If you have Dawn selected when you load the cr2 it will regroup the outfit and add thighs to skirt which will then not pose properly. You can also open the Transfer Utility after doing the convert to Triax wm and unselect everything except 'add smoothing modifier'. This is what I do for some clothing pieces.
11144-leather-wear-for-just-me-for-dawn-main.jpg

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
This is a great add on! It really gives this outfit a whole new look. I picked it up today (if anything looks elvish, it is a must buy for me!)and hope to post a render tonight if I can get the time to set something up.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, how did I miss Rose's outfit. It's really nice, and I like your texture set. Nice going. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely...and thanks for including DSA files and tips on converting the original outfit!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Beautiful texture set, NG!! So sorry for all that you've been dealing with but glad that the clouds seem to be breaking !

The other "chocolate" thread you're thinking of was probably at our old forum :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Very nice, NG! And thank you so much for the conversion tip...I have bookmarked it for future reference :)

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you everyone! I really like Rose's outfit and tried for something different that a customer would not be able to create without effort. Flood fills are wonderful but sometimes you need a unique look. I look forward to renders with this and would love to see links in this thread if anyone does. I'd give it a try but I'm still working on Creepy Kid's new suit ;)

Hugs!

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Had a peek at this and another of your renders. You did a fabulous job creating a story with the outfit and fairies. The outfit and textures worked perfectly in the scene.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Well I really do love these textures. I knew I had to get the outfit, when I saw them. You really managed to make it look completely different. Like you, I like to do textures with details on them rather than flood fill every time, not that I never use flood fill, but I favor details.

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hope I'm doing this right by putting my newest item into this thread. It's a clothing outfit for The Creepy Kid 2. I was inspired by his face and the little vampire children from American Horror Story. I never finished watching that show because it was too gory but I thought the kids were cute. Creepy's face is so well done that you can make him have very interesting expressions.

I've included a white skin and nails texture for use with a Vampire theme but it is not necessary to use it. I also included two vampire teeth morphs that work only in Poser but Creepy comes with a very nice 'fangs' teeth morph that works in Poser and Daz Studio.
The clothing textures are vampire, the businessman and the leprechaun/clown/goof-ball/door-to-door salesman. Thank goodness Creepy has more to wear than just diapers.
I hope that some of you find this useful and if you do renders I'd love to see them.
Thanks!!

creepy-vamp-1.jpg

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thank you, the more I worked with him the more I fell in love with him...he's so expressive. He needs a nose job though. I think he was in a fight somewhere along the way, lol.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I really like him also...I'm not sure how to do morphs though for legacy rigged characters. Noses are easy to change...but I doubt it would let me save it as a shape.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awesome ! And definitely the right place to post about it!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah...too early and I'm still half asleep. I thought you meant you needed more morphs for him...

NG Artplay

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hi everyone! I have finally made my very first outfit for Dawn. It was not an adventure to be taken lightly as these last few years have taxed me in real life. Just so much going on. Still, was able to get this done and hope that the Poser users here will appreciate this versatile and fun clothing pack for Dawn. It is fantasy based, of course, because that is the genre that I love and create most of my images for. I love Frank Frazetta and other fantasy artist's work so that is what I want to emulate. I hope that you will find a use for this and I'd love to see some renders.

I tried very, very hard to convert this for Daz Studio but I had a problem where a few of the morphs were doubling. I could not solve the problem and I could not sell a product that half worked. Luckily, I found another vendor who is converting this for Daz Studio and it will be coming out soon. I like to have both DS and Poser versions in my products but it wasn't possible this time. I tried for 10 days but I just couldn't do it so I hope that you will find either the DS or Poser version to your liking.

Also of note is that another vendor is looking into creating extra textures for this outfit. This will give you even more opportunity and options to make your renders unique.

Woodland Outfit for Dawn - Poser - A NGArtplay Creation at HiveWire 3D

Thanks for being patient with me and looking forward to see what you create. Please post links here if you do.
Includes dress, bracer left, bracer right, waist wrap, belt, sandal left, sandal right, paladin, earrings, belt slider, dress clasp and brooch.

dwo-brown-promo-2.jpg