• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie type Questions...:)

Lianam

Eager
Any who.... I am just diddling with my new freebies and stuff, while I am transferring files around to organize better. :)

Beach Dawn.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
I am one of the old farts that refuse to grow up, when I started out and being I had not a lot to work with I concentrated on animation and learning a program called Hexagon so I could make many of my own props.....Course now after twenty years of collecting all kinds of free 3D models around the net and there are thousands of them. and after investing thousands of dollars I am pretty free to slow down my collecting and get down to creating art.

I am betting that right now you are just like me and have no real idea which direction you are likely to go in 3D, so I suggest you start collecting all the free stuff you can find and jump in and get your feet wet. You can decide later along the line what direction suits you best, for now just experience the idea of working in 3D.

Let you know a little secret. I invested in Micheal 3&4 and the like, I have yet to feel a real need or want to invest in new figures because I have a great deal of ward robe for them I have never used even once. I rarely buy anything that is not on sale...
mouse.jpg

Lianam

Eager
@ Carey..Being a big kid is good. I really love your mouse. :) Thanks for the advice.

I have hexagon, but need to learn it. I have worked a bit in Blender. I have done most of my modeling in sketchup at first, so I also trying to transfer some of that work into other 3d programs. I have done some texturing also, but I am just trying things out and get the basics down. I think you might be right on the direction for sure. I like creating stuff from scratch, textures and all gives it my unique style. I might make content for others to buy and freebies. I have to share back what I get. :)

I conducted a wee experiment tonight. I transferred all of my daz library files along with dim files on to the laptop. I cleared out my old one first. I wanted to see if I saved those folders whole if they would work just as good. Yep they did! Yippee, less work for me once I get things in order I just copy n paste the whole dang works and put it where I want it. hehe While i was at it I played with Dusk too. :)

I have lots to learn. I learned some in lighting here last month. I have been upgrading/building my pc and getting all my stuff on it. I have not done much creating. LOL

Well, I am off to bed. I have done quit a bit outside and on this today Saturday for me) it is now sunday. :)

Nature Dusk.jpg