• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie type Questions...:)

Lianam

Eager
Ooooooooo. Thank you! As soon as I get going. I will make some textures for my new freebies and share. Is Sharecg the best place to share freebies or at least upload them to?

I am downloading daz , hivewire, and my freebie stuff and trying to organize my files. Lastly will get everything into daz so I can doodle again !

Oh, so I did make a decision on what I am getting. I ordered Dawn SE, Basics 2 for Dawn, Shetland pony, and the rocking horse. All on sale or a freebie, plus my points, etc. I will get Dawn/Dusk starter morphs and Harry (horse) next time. :)

Lianam

Eager
Ok, One more question. I am mostly asking for advice or how others do this. I am now to the point of placing my hivewire stuff in Daz, since it is a different characters ,etc than what daz offers. How do you guys set yours up? I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Lianam,

I have all my content organised in Categories. My Hivewire people are under Figures/People/Dawn/ and then clothing, characters, poses etc. Harry is under Figures/Animals/Mammals/Horses/Hivewire Horse.

Lianam

Eager
Hi Lianam,

I have all my content organised in Categories. My Hivewire people are under Figures/People/Dawn/ and then clothing, characters, poses etc. Harry is under Figures/Animals/Mammals/Horses/Hivewire Horse.

Thanks! That should be an easy way to do it and find I hope. :)

I finally found the thread for this too. lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! Glad you found the thread and glad I was able to help. I don't do my categories under default but directly under categories. Mainly because I've had issues with setting things up under default.

Also the easy way to get the files under categories is to go to the folder under Daz or Poser format files and right click on the folder and create a category. That way you can get the whole folder. I used to do it from the unassigned folder but it drove me crazy that way. You can actually create new categories in the dialogue box that pops up by right clicking on them.

If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll set up a proper tutorial with images. Sorry just waking up...

Lianam

Eager
Morning to you then sleepy head! :)

No problem I will holler on here if I have trouble. I was outside working and just came back in. Now it is time to make supper. yippee! A woman's work is never done, plus I do the guys work around here too being the youngest one. lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I was actually up about 6am. Time difference in Australia means I'm getting up when everyone over there is getting ready for supper/bed.

Lianam

Eager
I had some trouble with non Daz items before and I was on 4.8. I got freebies first to make sure I could get them imported. Now I am trying out 4.9 and have used dim on everything that I could. However i am not finding my daz folder with stuff in it. Grrr........ I tried the way that was presented in the thread. No go..Dawn was not found and I got an error. I am not sure what to do right now.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I don't use 4.9...I haven't upgraded yet as I want to finish Diva first and was worried about losing stuff.

Can you still see the Daz Format Files and Poser Format Files?

Did you need to import your user categories?

Screenshot please and I'll see if I can help...

Lianam

Eager
Okies.. here is where i am at right now. lol I did find My daz folder finally. In case others are reading. I will elaborate. :)

I am running windows10 64 bit home version. I found my daz library downloaded from DIM here: Pc-> c: drive->Users-> Public-> Public documents-> My Daz 3D-> Library.

I have saved and extracted all my folders in a special place I can save off my pc if needed. :)
At this point I am manually copy and pasting my extracted folders (Dawn & Dusk only) to the library in the various folders. *sigh* I hope this works. I will give an update on my progress. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
If you're careful to copy/paste from the folder in the extracted zip to the same folder in your Content folder, there shouldn't be a problem.

I've always manually installed content all the years I've been working with 3D software, and never had a problem using the content afterwards.

Lianam

Eager
Tada!!! Nothing spectacular, but they are there in my content with swim gear on and ready to go. They are waiting for me to get them more clothes and different scenery. hehe :)

Thanks everyone for being so helpful too. :D

Dawn n Dusk.jpg

Lianam

Eager
I have to say I am impressed. There is still lots to work with even within the files I got with just Dusk and Dawn, so I can be content for a while until I get a handle on things again with lights, etc. I can play with the new clothes bought and free and make new textures. I have a few manual downloaded freebies to get in my content yet this will keep me busy for a while. lol

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks good Lianam...sounds like your DIM installer is on the default setting. IIRC the link Alisa posted might have the way to change that. If not let me know and I'll give you instructions.

Lianam

Eager
Thanks! I think I found how to change things. I forgot a person could set it to go anywhere by the little gear at the rt hand corner of dim. I see a way to set-up another version of daz too in the dim. I am ok with 4.9 for the most part. I have not used the connect on my desktop. I have used it on the laptop. I have used both dim and connect. The question would be and I have read in the daz forums about the connect making separate files from dim. I have been curious about that, but have not checked into it at this point. :)

Oh, I did read about making a blank zips in the folder when Dim sets everything. I don't get that part yet, except it has possibly something to do with the smart content.