• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie type Questions...:)

Lianam

Eager
I have a few newbie questions. I am trying to prioritize my buying, so I don't run out of money or go bankrupt. LOL Wishlist things I want and get at a later date.

I have Dusk. Thank you! :) I am debating on getting just the base for Dawn also, since she is on sale at the moment.

How easy is it to fit some clothes from v4/m4 or genesis to Dawn and Dusk? Unfortunately for me I found Hivewire after spending a bit at Daz. *sigh* How badly do I need the starter morphs to get me going? I have wish listed things I want for a later purchasing date. :)

I am just hoping to getting going and share things Hivewire related and I want to get Harry! :)

I have read some comments about what to get. The stacking deals would be great, but for me I need to bite things off in chunks.

I am looking forward to the plants and other animals coming out. I have all the harry stuff wish listed. I know i have other questions, but they have escaped me at the moment. LOL

All experience and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

frogimus

Adventurous
One thing I've noticed on the stacks is that they overlap. Say Dawn is in 2 different stacks and you get her and an item from each of the stacks, you get discounts accordingly (not doubled on her though). Instead of buying a little dab today then another little dab later, you could add the items to the cart today and put money over into a prepaid card, then do the same next week. This lets you manage the funds while still getting stack discounts.

Not sure about use in Studio, but in Poser it is not too difficult to make V4 clothes fit Dawn.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Crossdresser works well in converting clothes to Dusk and Dawn...the program is free, each licence is $9.95US each. I find it invaluable.

It's hard for me to say where to start for you. I've been slowly collecting things for all four HW figures (Dawn, Dusk, Luna and Harry). I have bought more for Dawn but the other two human figures are slowly catching up. It's taken me three years though ;) Harry has been on the back foot as I'm more a person renderer. The starter morphs are necessary if you want to buy characters who use them and for making your own stamp on them. There's lots of freebie clothing and poses for Dawn, some for Dusk, not so much for Luna. Very few hair for any of them but they're not difficult to refit, just parent to head when you are done. Sharecg is your friend for Dawn morphs, clothing and the projection templates from Dvl. Look for Wilmaps clothing, RedEyeCat's textures, Sanbie's clothing, Glitterati's clothing, Dragonbreath's clothing. Lots to choose from there and all freebies. Hope that helps :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have Wardrobe Wizard, which is pretty much like Crossdresser, though I've never tried that, so don't know which is easier to work with.

Newer versions of Poser have Wardrobe Wizard built in, but I bought the standalone version years ago when I was still working in Poser 5, before I got hooked on the earlier versions of DS.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The stacking deals would be great, but for me I need to bite things off in chunks.

Just so you understand, too...the way the Stacks work is that you get the discount as long as you bought the product at some point. You don't have to buy them all now.

So if you get Dawn, and then later get the Starter Morphs, and then later get more, the Store remembers that you already own each product and you get the discount.

Lianam

Eager
Just so you understand, too...the way the Stacks work is that you get the discount as long as you bought the product at some point. You don't have to buy them all now.

So if you get Dawn, and then later get the Starter Morphs, and then later get more, the Store remembers that you already own each product and you get the discount.

Oh, this is good to know. I have some things in the stacks wish listed. Thanks!

I am looking on Sharecg. I had signed up a while back. Now they won't be nakey at least. This just means I can get Harry sooner. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North

Lianam

Eager
Thanks!! I need to spend my worldly worth around over the months maybe even years like you. LOL Harry here he comes trotting down the street! :D

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Tons of things on ShareCg - and don't forget our freebie section

One thing I've noticed on the stacks is that they overlap. Say Dawn is in 2 different stacks and you get her and an item from each of the stacks, you get discounts accordingly (not doubled on her though). Instead of buying a little dab today then another little dab later, you could add the items to the cart today and put money over into a prepaid card, then do the same next week. This lets you manage the funds while still getting stack discounts.

The cool thing about stacks, unlike bundles, is you don't have to :)

The store will remember what you bought, so you still get the discount if you come back later and buy something else from the stack.

frogimus

Adventurous
Tons of things on ShareCg - and don't forget our freebie section

The cool thing about stacks, unlike bundles, is you don't have to :)

The store will remember what you bought, so you still get the discount if you come back later and buy something else from the stack.
What? That's crazy talk!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
ahem. "Young" adults..whom I sometimes refer to as "kids" :p