• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie to Hivewire and expanding my 3D hobby/skills :)

Terre

Renowned
Most here are friendly and welcoming although some (like me) are forgetful sometimes.
Here's a late "Welcome to the Hive!" I think you'll enjoy it here quite a bit.

Lianam

Eager
Most here are friendly and welcoming although some (like me) are forgetful sometimes.
Here's a late "Welcome to the Hive!" I think you'll enjoy it here quite a bit.

Thank you! Better late than never. :D So far I am enjoying myself.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
No. Sausage rolls, yes, pizza, yes, fried catfish, no. Or am I just saying no cos I've never had it? No catfish here in NZ but lots of snapper, kahawai, flounder, mullet and terakihi. Nom. So maybe yes to the catfish. I love fish.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Now I'm really hungry...better have an early dinner :p

frogimus

Adventurous
Catfish is the local favorite around here. Have you had Swai? Swai is a relative of catfish and native to Vietnam.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Nope, never heard of dat one. My favourite is smoked mullet, closely followed by fresh fried kahawai.

frogimus

Adventurous
Well, I guess we're probably as far away from each other as possible and still be on the same world, so it's no shock that we don't know the same fishies.

Here, a mullet is a 80's and 90's hairdo.

frogimus

Adventurous
Yeah, but I don't remember it having that name back then. I've only heard it referred as a mullet in the last few years (since "Joe Dirt"). We called it a "duck tail" IIRC

Lianam

Eager
Hehe....talk of food and hair. :D

I have been working on my pc today. It decided to rain and then snow.. Blah!
I got some things straightened out and should be making renders and such soon. :)

Lianam

Eager
Haha.. Yea, hair in food is not fun.
The build is going better than it started out. Now I am putting my programs in. We got access to my WinXP hard drive so I got a few things from there I needed to work on my sketchup models. :)
I need that money tree... LOL

Tomorrow and this weekend some farm work outside. It's suppose to get up to the 60s! I have some tires to replace and a few things to fix before I can do any digging in the dirt.

Lianam

Eager
Well....so far so good. A few headaches and me getting a bit upset, but it was fixable. I t took me about 4 hours to get all the parts in and the mother board plugged in properly. The instructions are horrid. I had to consult my older motherboard book and the new one to figure things out. It does not help I go 5-7 years doing this though. LOL

I uninstall and unpin anything I don't want here and there in windows 10. I even got things unchecked so I don't get auto updates, etc. I want to look at things first before I do anything. :)

I have not been able to use an older graphics card (5 years old) in conjunction with my newer one, both are Invidia cards. Though each card works just fine alone. I was going to leave the smaller (1GB) one to run my monitor and my bigger (4GB cheap find) to run all the other stuff. Windows gives the 43 error code and sort of shuts off the cards, then Blender gets upset. I have read up on all I could find, updated both drivers to work on windows 10, and did whatever else I could. No luck so far. I will keep trying. :)

My emails I have saved in folders under various subjects have been read by windows live. I did not like the other mail they offered, so I went looking for windows live. It is very similar to outlook express which I have always used since win95. I still have a few more programs to install yet. Windows 10 has worked pretty good with most. A few exceptions are some 32 bit software and I just got the c++ downloads for them. I have a 64 bit home edition system. I like being able to put more ram in if needed. I have 16GB ram. My max is 32. I will get more later this year.

I had everything saved on usb sticks to transfer over. I just needed access to winXP for a couple of things I did not think of. My partner can run XP on his pc, so we popped my HD in and I went looking for the things I missed. My motherboard does not seem to like the XP hard drive. I think there is a possible fix for it. I got everything so far and I am not worried. :)

It takes a little bit to get use to Win10, find everything, and get it set-up for one's on personal preferences. My partner told me that some have stated you needed to have worked on both 7 and 8.1 to get win10. I said naw I don't think so. I have played with Win7 on the laptop prior, when I had to wait on replacements parts and such. :)