• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie to Hivewire and expanding my 3D hobby/skills :)

frogimus

Adventurous
I'll bet. Yankees laugh cause we shut down school for snow. I dare some of them to try to drive on our slushy snotty snow while navigating the curves and hills.

I hope you get the UVs learned. I think you have some unique products to offer.

Lianam

Eager
Which state is 'MN', Lianam? I know I can google it but hey, you live there!

I'll bet. Yankees laugh cause we shut down school for snow. I dare some of them to try to drive on our slushy snotty snow while navigating the curves and hills.

I hope you get the UVs learned. I think you have some unique products to offer.

Oh, hehehe Minnesota the land of the 'you bettchas' 10,000 lakes, loon, etc. lol

Sounds like a Minnesotan to me Frogimus. :D Most here forget how to drive in it in the 6 months or less we don't have snow. LOL I hope I get those uvs figured out too.

Lianam

Eager
You're welcome Lorraine. Look for a big lake called Superior. :)

Haha.. I have not watched Fargo, but ya I think it probably fits most. When I was in England back in 1991/92. People thought I was from Canada because of my accent. We also have a lot of swedes and Norwegians in the northern half, more German and polish in the central. I grew up in St. Cloud. I am not sure about the south part. Many Ojibwa reservations all across the state and a mix of everyone else. :) I am a Hines 57 myself being French, English, Irish, scotch, scotch-Irish, bohemian, russian (possibly), and who knows what else. Hehe

Terre

Renowned
Here's MN and geography related funny for you.
I'm in Portales NM and we have a cheap university here. My husband and I used to have a PO Box as well as our street address and one year a former student got what I think must have been a Christmas card quite late. He'd put in a change of address for a POBox in Porter MN and the local post office put it in our box instead of sending it out of state. I placed it in the outgoing bin and figured I was done with it. Wrong. It came back to our box. This happened twice. The third time I circled the zip code and wrote "Not NM zip" beside it. That was the last time I saw that envelope.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a funny story Terre. I only have problems with folks with my last name. Used to be a lady years ago who lived in the next building down the block, so I had my doorman take it to her doorman when he went out to lunch.

Then there was a guy a who lived in my building, on my floor, for a couple of years. I don't get his mail any more, but it took quite a while after he moved out.

Now there's a gal living on the other side of my building, who just happens to use her maiden name for business purposes, even though she's married. I don't think she's ever gotten my mail, but I often get hers, and with my apartment number of each piece. Shows how they look for apartment numbers rather than names. Her first name isn't even remotely close to mine. ~shakes head in wonderment at the local U.S. Postal Service~

frogimus

Adventurous
There's a Convenience store just down the road from me. Once/twice a week I deliver their mail that was left in my box. Now if only the mail carrier would start working for the fuel distributor so I could erroneously get my tank filled weekly.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Ah, post offices. When I first moved up here from the Waikato I lived in a small village called Ohaeawai. All my mail from my home town was delayed getting to me as it was always sent to the small Waikato village of Ohinewai first who then forwarded it on to me. They must have given the Morrinsville post office a rev up eventually because suddenly, all my mail arrived correctly ;)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hello everyone,

I am new to hivewire..I floated over from Daz. I heard about you from the forums over there and got curious. :) Here I am and have been looking through the shop and forums. I love the horse, Harry I guess is his name.

I have done some 3D stuff else where before Daz. A lot of this is new to me so, I have loads to learn about lighting, shaders, morphs, etc. I think my brain is on overload right now. hehe
Welcome, Lianam! Great to see you jumping right in here. We don't bite (very hard) and we have all felt the overload you're experiencing. It's scary and delicious at the same time isn't it? LOL

frogimus

Adventurous
I apologize to any postal couriers that may frequent this site. I imagine your job is not real easy, and I know there are some of you that take better care with your deliveries than others.

Terre

Renowned
Agreed, Frogimus.
The majority of mail gets where it's supposed to get in a timely manner but when things go wrong they can do so in a hilarious fashion.

Lianam

Eager
I apologize to any postal couriers that may frequent this site. I imagine your job is not real easy, and I know there are some of you that take better care with your deliveries than others.

They probably feel our pain and get frustrated by their fellow co-workers too. :)

Lianam

Eager
Welcome, Lianam! Great to see you jumping right in here. We don't bite (very hard) and we have all felt the overload you're experiencing. It's scary and delicious at the same time isn't it? LOL

Thanks! :D Most everyone has been very welcoming and entertaining. :)