• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Newbie to Hivewire and expanding my 3D hobby/skills :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*moves over a bit*

Hey, no worries - there is plenty for Lainam - it's her thread and she provided the delicious fudge!!

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Welcome Lianam! I think you have definitely come to the right place. There are so many great artists over here willing to share what they know with the community.

Lianam

Eager
:D I don't mind really. I just got home from helping my mom and dad with some little 'jobs'. I got the cats fed before they chewed my legs off. Eating supper and checking email. lol
Glad everyone likes the fudge it goes fast in my house.
So far everyone here seems really friendly, which is a plus on my list. :D
I hope to learn more than I already know, which is pretty small and get some good advice, etc for just about everything.
I need lots of cash or a money tree... I like freebies, but I understand the need to get paid. I am a farmer they may not starve perse unless they do not grow their own food. The pay kind of sucks though. LOL

I will update some more here about myself once I am done eating.

I do have one question. Should I have a separate WIP thread for anything I make or share?

Thanks again for the warm welcomes and laughs. :)

Lianam

Eager
I updated my profile there is more about me in it. The cows in the avatar pic are some of my girls I use to have. The older generation a few years back now. I used a plug-in in Gimp to create the pic.

The attached image is a model I made in sketch-up one of the last ones I did before I started trying to learn Blender. I did not texture it in Sketch-up. I just set-up plain maps for the item to be textured in another 3D platform to which I textured it there. All my 2D work is done in Gimp. Just a sample of my work I hope I can transfer into some 3D modeling software to create for daz3d maybe even poser if I can get it learned. hehe

Prairie Ridge Cemetery.jpg

frogimus

Adventurous
I grew up on a farm, but our cattle were Holstein. We did dairy and tobacco - some grain, but it was mostly made into silage for winter feeding.

I like the Sketchup model! Dang, I feel so untalented around all the people on HW.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I need lots of cash or a money tree.

Oh, a money tree! Then you can always grow more :)

Cool image!

I do have one question. Should I have a separate WIP thread for anything I make or share?

Yes, depending on what the goal is, here's where to create those:

I think I have this right - Lisa's been redecorating ;)

If it's wrong, one of our wonderful CV-Bees (Community Volunteers) will grab up your posts and move them to the right place :).

Render thread if you want your own :
It's About the Art! | HiveWire 3D Community

Blog with all sorts of stuff:
The Sandbox | HiveWire 3D Community

Products you intend to sell at HW-subforums here for different figures:
3D Content Development | HiveWire 3D Community

Products for HW figures you don't plan to sell at HW
Across the Community | HiveWire 3D Community

Misc Freebies:
Freebie Links | HiveWire 3D Community

Lianam

Eager
Thanks Alisa! At least it is on my thread here and I can find it and any corrections. I did not even render it in Daz, poser, etc. I won't tell where it is at right now besides a file on my pc. LOL :)

Frogimus..My grandparents use to have Holsteins, about 1982 switched over to beef. :) I bought or are making payments on their retirement place now.

I made a whole series for the cemetery separate tombstones, undertaker building, desk, chairs, bench, caskets, soldier cross tombstones, etc. I like western movies and tv shows. I had a request for a few of those items and I seen a model at daz that inspired me. I was not active there or buying at the time. Don't feel bad my first few attempts at texturing and modeling were not so great. I still have tons to learn. lol

My partner introduced me to daz and renderosity several years ago, but I did not have an interest in it until Just this year for some reason. I guess I am ready for a new art platform . I like daz over renderosity. I am really liking Hivewire the best though, especially Harry!. :)

I just need a cash cow or tree. lol I decided to finally upgrade my pc (after 7 years and still on XP) and a few more parts decided to died, so I have over $600 sunk in it right now. I finally got all my parts today. I am hoping tomorrow everything goes good and the parts are ok. I can put it together. I use my pc for farming, gardening, parts buying/search, research on anything, 3D, etc. It gets well used. :D

Lianam

Eager
Me too Lorraine :)
Here is my bee hives and some of my garden stuff I created. All real low poly so not real fancy. :) I really need to figure out how to get sketch-up models fixed up properly to be used in Poser and/or Daz. Going back and looking at that stuff I made I am missing it a bit.

Don't mind the purple blue haired alien chick in the background. Something I worked on for a friend. He has 2 characters from a planet called Hemptonia and wanted to upgrade their looks. I said I would do it for the practice and fun. He just had to give me some background and basic looks he was aiming for. hehe :)

beehives lang.jpg

garden shed greenhouse.jpg

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Those are really good, Lianam! I'd be in the queue for them if you can convert them. Really like the beehives.

frogimus

Adventurous
Just a bit of random trivia, but I live a few miles from the company that makes a lot of the apiary (beekeeping) equipment sold in the US.

I really like your models @Lianam . You have the talent, plus you have a knack for items that aren't well represented in the market.

Lianam

Eager
Those are really good, Lianam! I'd be in the queue for them if you can convert them. Really like the beehives.

Thanks! All my plants are 2D for the platform and opacity mapped I was creating for. It would be great to make them more 3D. :) A couple of things are other peoples 3D creations I just recolored/textured.
I can get sketch-up into blender I just get some hang-up with parenting I think it is called and things are in one piece but there is some wonky stuff that is going on. If I can fix that, get it uvmapped properly (my biggest hurdle), and get it into an obj file I think I would be on my way. :)

Get my pc back together. I will do some more homework, ask a Blender friend for some help, and see what happens. :)

Lianam

Eager
Just a bit of random trivia, but I live a few miles from the company that makes a lot of the apiary (beekeeping) equipment sold in the US.

I really like your models @Lianam . You have the talent, plus you have a knack for items that aren't well represented in the market.

Aww.. thanks frogimus. I really like this kind of stuff in real life. I try to create antiques, plants, garden stuff, farm stuff, things I think are cool. One reason why I tried to learn Blender to expand my modeling options. Uv maps just kill me. All my sketch-up models are what is called projected/pinned flat type maps. Easy to create textures and place them on. I like sketch-up, but it has some limitations, don't fit my budget real well either anymore, and other things. Why I was looking into hexagon and Carrera on Daz too.

Hmmm.. you don't live near me do you??? I live about oh....an hours drive or so south west of a place that makes the hives that I modeled those from. I actually own 4 hives just like them myself. I hope to get bees back in them one year. :)

frogimus

Adventurous
Nope. Kentucky. But I worked for a company based out of Lindstrom if that happens to be near you. Beautiful area, much too flat though. I get woozy when the horizon is farther than 50 yards away.

Lianam

Eager
Nope. Kentucky. But I worked for a company based out of Lindstrom if that happens to be near you. Beautiful area, much too flat though. I get woozy when the horizon is farther than 50 yards away.

This place is called MannLake near Hackensack, mn. :) North/northeast part of Mn is made up of more glacier dips, valleys, trees, etc. Can be flat, but not too bad. I curse the hills in the winter. lol