• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh no, Drop Bears are a different species. The comparison between Drop Bears and Koala's is the same between Werewolf's and Wolves :D
Koalas are 2 to 3 feet (60 to 85 centimetres) tall when fully grown, Drop Bears are the size of a small Leopard.

And now Ken has to do a Drop Bear LOL

Reactions: Jan

Jan

Adventurous
The only time we have Drop Bears in Australia is when people try and sneak into Australia during this Covid Pandemic ;)
To the locals, they are placid.:inverted:

Jan&Henry theKoala1.jpg

Harimau

Eager
Drop bears are not real. They are imaginary. As Rae says they are as werewolves to wolves. One theory is that they are based on an old aboriginal rock painting showing what looks like a Thylacoleo standing in a tree. Thyolcoleo carnifex, the so-called marsupial lion, is an extinct relative of the koala and being a vegetarian turned carnivore it has no canine teeth like that shown on the photoshopped picture that I posted earlier. Instead their incisors are modified to form substitute canines for the purpose of killing their prey, possibly a giant wombat. Here is a picture of what it may look like:

d67dj3j-0d8768ae-fa02-4171-ad80-41ae2a941fd3.jpg

On a more sombre note, the koala may not be with us in the near future. Their numbers have been declining with land clearing and loss of habitat and they are prone to Chlamydial infection, commonly associated with ocular infections , urinary tract infection and reproductive tract disease. This often leads to infertility. Then the recent bush fire (the biggest in Australian history) killed thousands of them. and wiped out much of their habitat and food source. Like giant pandas, they are finicky feeders and eat only leaves from certain eucalyptus trees. This episode maybe the final straw, and we may only see them in sanctuaries. Hopefully, with the help they are getting, they may recover.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My Bee Swarms and Nests has been released.
This is a stand-alone product (nothing else required). The main promo below shows 5 wasp formation props (each using slightly different dailed positioning and wing flap morph settings-so each of the 5 formation props looks different). The "wasps on the nest" formation is a stationary formation that parents to the included paper wasp nest. Also included is a Beehive Frame (from the Beekeeping set) that honey bees (workers, drones and a queen can parent to), a hornet-Yellow jacket nest and a mus dauber nest.

NW_Swarms_Main.jpg
NW_Swarms_Promo5.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...oh, and there is going to be a small patch for "Beekeeping" that should appear soon. A few materials on the DS side, while still working correctly, do give off an error message (due to a last minute change I made before release). That issue has been fixed. Also, I've added a few more morphs to the Bee Hat. Morphs to the netting in back of the hat will allow longer fuller and long hair to be used with Dawn.

NW_Swarms_Promo3.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I would like to first thanks Chris and Lisa for 7 wonderful years. I know running the store has been a struggle these past few years, so I want you to know I deeply appreciate it.

I waited to chime in until now because I wasn't sure where I would go from the Hivewire store. I had a number of offers and even considered building my own store. It looking at pros and cons, one thing stood out. Renderosity has been a sponsor of my bird art contest for a number of years and that made them a good fit for me. After chatting with them, they've earned my trust and that's where I will become an Exclusive Vendor.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Look forward to seeing your products there, though I'm sorry to have to admit my acquisition of your products will have to slow. *sigh* Though if you manage that Ruby Faced (I think) Conure I'll find the money. LOL.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear it Ken. I too look forward to more purchases of your wonderful birds in the future.

Since they've been a sponsor of your Annual Songbird Remix Open Rendering Season challenge, I'm hoping they will present it on their site going forward, or do you still plan to continue holding it here? I so look forward to it every year. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Do let us know if there is any way of transferring our purchase history over there as well. I don't have all of your catalogue, but I've got most of it. I don't object to repurchasing things that fall through the cracks, particularly some of the older things. But to have to repurchase everything is probably not likely to happen.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since almost all CAs at Hivewire are moving to Renderosity, I've been told they are trying to figure out a way of transferring records. If that doesn't work, I've talked with them about continuing my DAZ-to-HW transfer program which will I guess be morphed into a DAZ or HW to Rendo program.

There will be some updates for Nature's Wonders appearing soon at HW. There's no big changes in these updates-- I've simply rewritten everything in character format and made the library folders look more like the new SBRM system

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.7 KB · Views: 182

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Do let us know if there is any way of transferring our purchase history over there as well. I don't have all of your catalogue, but I've got most of it. I don't object to repurchasing things that fall through the cracks, particularly some of the older things. But to have to repurchase everything is probably not likely to happen.
I have things I purchased at daz years ago that never got transferred to here. Fortunately, I keep my own list of what I bought. (Yes, the occasional oops, but...)
However, yes, I'd like to see purchase-histories transferred. Because it'd make it so much easier to keep track of stuff.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I repurchased the Pose Pack 1. The store told me I owned it, but I couldn't find it anywhere in my purchase history to re-download. The poses also didn't look all that familiar.

Then I went back and re-purchased a couple of things that I honestly cannot remember whether I already had or not, and the Flamingos, which I know I had, but which evidently fell through the cracks.

I think I'm pretty much up to date on everything but bundles and mini-bundles. The mini-bundle items I already have, and I'm pretty sure I have the contents of the bundles as well.

My history on the safari items, the seashore house and Mission Bells are all still over at DAZ. But I don't seriously expect to be seeing updates to those. Certainly not any time soon.

LmWolfSpirit

Inspired
I would like to first thanks Chris and Lisa for 7 wonderful years. I know running the store has been a struggle these past few years, so I want you to know I deeply appreciate it.

I waited to chime in until now because I wasn't sure where I would go from the Hivewire store. I had a number of offers and even considered building my own store. It looking at pros and cons, one thing stood out. Renderosity has been a sponsor of my bird art contest for a number of years and that made them a good fit for me. After chatting with them, they've earned my trust and that's where I will become an Exclusive Vendor.
Whew! I looked at my wishlist and was trying to figure out how to afford within a month all of your items that I have there.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Whew! I looked at my wishlist and was trying to figure out how to afford within a month all of your items that I have there.
I know how you feel LmWolfSpirit! I put some of my more wished for items from my wishlist and culled and culled until it was something I might be able to afford in a couple of weeks and all I was left with was Nature's Wonders/Songbird ReMix stuff hahaha

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
...My history on the safari items, the seashore house and Mission Bells are all still over at DAZ. But I don't seriously expect to be seeing updates to those. Certainly not any time soon.
Those will all get eventually updated-- surprisingly "Nimrud" was updated... a customer wanted an updated version for a project. at the time I was in-between projects and sort of burnt-out on my usual fare so it seemed like a perfect diversion. I could see that happening again with one of the others.

I'm slogging through tons of SBRM updates now that I have the "Passerine/Songbird" model updated. I'm working through every set that has that model in it (which is about 50% of my SBRM library). Some of the variants like the "woodpecker/zygodatcyl" base and the "gull/webbed-foot" base are easy to update since its mostly the feet are a different. I'm hoping to get the seabird sets done by my Audubon sale and the single set bases like Pelicans, puffins, hummingbirds, jacana, flamingos, etc wrapped up by the end of the year.