• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That is a gross understatement!!

Come on Ken . . . give us a hint (or two). Pleeeeease. :notworthy:

funny... I did give out a huge hint.

Granted... I don't think the new model is going to be on everyone's list like some of my others are... but it's on mine ;)

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Maybe you are trying too hard...

How could it be a "new" model (that I'm working on) and at the same time be "17 years in the making"? Perhaps, the "17 years" refers to something else ;)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Ken does like to tease! Since I have no idea either, should we try to guess? How about an alligator and/or crocodile?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Okay. What do Ken's birds want to eat now?

After all, just about all of Ken's models are bird food.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Okay. What do Ken's birds want to eat now?

After all, just about all of Ken's models are bird food.
I'm surprised nobody has got it... is no one from the US east coast?

Yes, hungry birds will be happy, as well as one of the characters in "Bees of the World v1"

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist

Attachments

• Gratopsaltria_Nigrofuscata_Younga.jpg
    Gratopsaltria_Nigrofuscata_Younga.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Graptopsaltria_nigrofuscata_001.jpg
    Graptopsaltria_nigrofuscata_001.jpg
    436.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Large_Brown_Cicada_23aug12.jpg
    Large_Brown_Cicada_23aug12.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'd never have guessed Cicadas, simply because 17 years ago when Brood X last appeared, I didn't see (nor hear) a single Cicada, which I understand, you can't NOT hear. But then, with all the pavement in Philadelphia, most of them were probably unable to tunnel to the surface. It may have been different out in the suburbs, but I was still living in Center City in 2004.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, well here in NYC there's too much pavement as well, though I have friends who live all the way out on Long Island, and I've never heard them when I've been at their house, though it's been a couple of years since my last visit.