• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Harimau

Eager
Very nice collection, but I think you left out the most spectacular turtle of them all, the giant leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea).

leatherback-seaturtle2.jpg

This image shows just how big it is:
59c23a4908f3d9b8718b4567.jpg

I saw them many, many years ago, when I was in school, at a beach in Dungun on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. I could never forget them. They are also different from all other turtles in that they lack a bony shell over their carapace and indeed could be included in your collection just for variety.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice collection, but I think you left out the most spectacular turtle of them all, the giant leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea).
WOW, that's huuuuuge!! I know turtles can be big, but I didn't know any of them were THAT big.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It seems like I recall that Ken has a lil' fish. One that he poses in bird's mouths. But I may be wrong. And it seems like he's recently stated that he has interest in creating a rigged worm, once his first Tortoises and Turtles are out.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looks like when the caterpillars were being shown in this thread a few pages back, Ken mentioned that a worm is on his "to do list".

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now that you mention it Chris, I think Ken does have a small fish. Adding a rigged worm will be greatly appreciated. ;)