1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Ken Gilliland, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ken Gilliland

Ken Gilliland Extraordinary HW3D Exclusive Artist

Another Iray image this time with the Leopard Tortoise, a Common Wall Lizard and the Sagebrush Habitat

iray-Leopard Tortoise.jpg

mininessie, Rae134, Miss B and 4 others like this.
  2. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

That's so cool Ken. Just look at everything in that scene. It's all your stuff right?

Just need some of your ants in there, and maybe a butterfly or damselfly, and a bird hiding in the grasses.

Ken Gilliland likes this.
  3. Ken Gilliland

Thank-you, Chris... Yes, everything in the image is mine. I considered adding a bird or the ants but felt the image might start to get too busy.

I will say I'm particularly happy with the performance of the model's skin-folding around the neck/trunk of the body. In this particular render, it exceeded my expectations and even led to me questioning myself-- "How did I do that?" lol

For those of you who end up getting these sets, part of the trick is use and turn-down the neck recede/extend control to about half, and to turn on the "Turtle Neck" morph to "1".

I should add that a big thanks does go out to Chris who suggested doing "Turtles" as one of my next projects :)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    Rae134, Chris and Miss B like this.
  4. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Oh, and we're very happy you have. :D

5. Chris

Yay Ken!!!

I see a couple of crazy amazing product submissions have been made today.

The astounding and talented "3D MacGyver" strikes again.

6. Ken Gilliland

Thank-you, Chris... I'm not sure I'm quite the 3D MacGyver, but I'm humbled that someone of your considerable talents would think so.

Here's another Iray remember, this time with the Saguaro habitat, the Desert Tortoise, some Burrowing Owls and a barely visible Side-blotched Lizard.

Desert Tortoise Iray.jpg

7. Chris

Oh sweet. Now that is cool. Robust product usage.

I think I'd miss the lizard if you hadn't mentioned it.

Dang, that tortoise looks so real. Nice work Ken.

8. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

turtles,... we want turtles and tortoises soooon! :)

Chris likes this.
  9. Ken Gilliland

You should know... you can't rush a turtle (but they are moving towards the store)

Miss B, Janet and Chris like this.
  10. Alisa

Alisa HW3D QAV Queen Bee QAV-BEE

11. Lyne

OH! ROFL...so true.... just love the little (well and big) critters so much! You're such a talent, Ken!

12. Alisa

13. Ken Gilliland

14. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

15. mininessie

mininessie Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

amazing Ken!

16. Lyne

They may have been "slow" getting to the store, but I was FAST in buying them!!!!!!!!! yay, YAY... whoopee! :)

mininessie likes this.
  17. JOdel

JOdel Extraordinary HW Honey Bear

Yes indeed. And I downloaded both versions. Just in case.

18. Ken Gilliland

Thanks everyone... I use both Poser and DAZ Studio... I generally work in Firefly but the Iray version of the products does some pretty impressive renders.

I should state again, so there's no confusion, this release is set-up exactly like my other Nature's Wonders critter sets. The "Turtles" product is base set (includes the model, the red-eared sliders and all the poses) and the add-on volume, "Turtles of the World v1: Tortoises" has 7 tortoises for the base set (yes, you need the base set).

I do have plans for two additional volumes, "v2: Turtles of New World" and "v3: Turtles of the Old World".I'll probably start those in a month or so... right now I'm working on some SBRM updates (Penguins, Toucans, Turkey and Hummingbirds). I'm finishing up the rebuilt Turkey cr2 now. It's pretty cool, the male add-on parts are now included in the base model (as well as other enhancements), and of course, all the controls have been moved to the BODY section. It's a lot of work--but much easier to use.

Chris, Pendraia and mininessie like this.
  19. Stezza

Stezza Extraordinary

FYI Ken, There’s an error in the description of turtles of the world..

It links correctly to turtles but says requires Dawn ... :confused:

20. Alisa

Awesome!

Thanks, Stezza -Sorry about that - I just typed Dawn in there or copied her name by mistake in the linky. Fixed now.

Stezza likes this.