• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Another Iray image this time with the Leopard Tortoise, a Common Wall Lizard and the Sagebrush Habitat

iray-Leopard Tortoise.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
That's so cool Ken. Just look at everything in that scene. It's all your stuff right?

Just need some of your ants in there, and maybe a butterfly or damselfly, and a bird hiding in the grasses.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That's so cool Ken. Just look at everything in that scene. It's all your stuff right?

Just need some of your ants in there, and maybe a butterfly or damselfly, and a bird hiding in the grasses.

Thank-you, Chris... Yes, everything in the image is mine. I considered adding a bird or the ants but felt the image might start to get too busy.

I will say I'm particularly happy with the performance of the model's skin-folding around the neck/trunk of the body. In this particular render, it exceeded my expectations and even led to me questioning myself-- "How did I do that?" lol

For those of you who end up getting these sets, part of the trick is use and turn-down the neck recede/extend control to about half, and to turn on the "Turtle Neck" morph to "1".

I should add that a big thanks does go out to Chris who suggested doing "Turtles" as one of my next projects :)

Last edited:

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yay Ken!!!

I see a couple of crazy amazing product submissions have been made today.

The astounding and talented "3D MacGyver" strikes again.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Oh sweet. Now that is cool. Robust product usage.

I think I'd miss the lizard if you hadn't mentioned it.

Dang, that tortoise looks so real. Nice work Ken.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yes indeed. And I downloaded both versions. Just in case.
Thanks everyone... I use both Poser and DAZ Studio... I generally work in Firefly but the Iray version of the products does some pretty impressive renders.

I should state again, so there's no confusion, this release is set-up exactly like my other Nature's Wonders critter sets. The "Turtles" product is base set (includes the model, the red-eared sliders and all the poses) and the add-on volume, "Turtles of the World v1: Tortoises" has 7 tortoises for the base set (yes, you need the base set).

I do have plans for two additional volumes, "v2: Turtles of New World" and "v3: Turtles of the Old World".I'll probably start those in a month or so... right now I'm working on some SBRM updates (Penguins, Toucans, Turkey and Hummingbirds). I'm finishing up the rebuilt Turkey cr2 now. It's pretty cool, the male add-on parts are now included in the base model (as well as other enhancements), and of course, all the controls have been moved to the BODY section. It's a lot of work--but much easier to use.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
FYI Ken, There’s an error in the description of turtles of the world..

It links correctly to turtles but says requires Dawn ... :confused:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Awesome!

Thanks, Stezza -Sorry about that - I just typed Dawn in there or copied her name by mistake in the linky. Fixed now.