• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice render Lyne-- the agamas are among my favorites too, although the Eastern Collared Lizard from the new set is giving it a run for it's June bug ;)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
nice render, Lyne!

---

I squeezed in a little work on new habitat yesterday between doing the beta fixes of the Sagebrush one... The Saguaro arm is lower (I like that better), there more rocks and nesting areas-- notice the hole in the column Saguaro ( perfect for a cactus wren or gila woodpecker) and a burrow network (2 holes) for burrowing owls.

Capture1.JPG Capture2.JPG

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice Render, Stezza :)

---

I just finished one of the monsters (lots of polys) in my Saguaro habitat-- the Octotillo. A deceptively "simple" looking plant that with a closer look will reveal hundreds upon hundreds of leaves (that eventually turn into thorns) covering every branch and complex flower clusters at the top. I "had" to do this plant because of my memories of all the Phainopeplas perched of them at Saguaro National Park. Hummingbirds also love Octotillo flowers.

The last plant I'll be adding is Four-winged Saltbush which will add a medium-size shrubs to the set and a visually a nice change to green cactus with spines. I am planning to add optional Saguaro Cactus flower cluster to add to the top of the Cacti too. I also probably include a number of high resolution photos I took of Saguaro NP for backing images.

Capture.JPG
Saguaro Poser2.jpg

Last edited:

Jan

Adventurous
@Stezza, What are you using for the grub in the blue-tongue's mouth. Did you make it?

@Ken the habitat sounds excellent when finished. How tall will the Saguaro's be in relation to the size of the ground (for camera angles and that). :whistling: Don't forget to put a list of the birds you have already created in the .pdf in order to make the habitat authentic with the wildlife found there.:x3:

@Lyne, gorgeous render, "splendor in the desert"

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist

As with my sagebrush set, the main prop is relatively small since it's specifically made for close-up shots. Both include a separate expandable ground plane, standalone plants and rocks so you can create a much larger scene, depending on your imagination and computer memory.

Jan

Adventurous
Stezza, well done. It sure looks like a witchetty Grub (see below). You got the texture right with those spots along the body. Got rather a cute face I think, although I would think twice on eating one, the brave tourists pay to do so:shineon: Your lizards will love them however;)

witchetty-grubs2.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While I'm busily working on my last shrub for the Saguaro set, I decided to switch tracks and do the Saguaro Flowers...

Capture3.JPG

I decided not to do a massive flower cluster for memory's sake. I think there's enough flowers to keep my hummingbirds busy

...with any luck, I'll be texture painting the set next week