• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a couple Poser 11 Superfly renders...

NW_Sagebrush_Promo2a.jpg

both renders above and below show pretty clearly that the 4k textures hold-up pretty well to close macro camera shots...

NW_Sagebrush_Promo5.jpg

Last edited:

Jan

Adventurous
Ken, when does Vol 3 expect too be released. Will this enviro set be released soon too. If Stezza cannot have an Emu or Wombat in the foreseeable future, he may settle quietly for the blu-tongue, but I doubt it :lol:

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Ken, when does Vol 3 expect too be released. Will this enviro set be released soon too. If Stezza cannot have an Emu or Wombat in the foreseeable future, he may settle quietly for the blue-tongue, but I doubt it :lol:

Volume 3 is in QAV (as well as the DAZ Studio iRAY updates for the entire lizard series)... I haven't heard anything since Monday so I'm assuming they're getting close to release.

The Sagebrush Habitat is under beta now and I'm still tweaking material settings and textures. I spent most of today rendering promos and refining a few textures. From the render I just did below, you can see the new Artemisia (sagebrush) leaves. I decided to replace my drawn ones with the real thing (snipping some from our garden and scanning them).

I think realistically I can say that the habitat is probably a week or so away from submission. I can tell you what it will include... The set loads as a prop and has five parts; the base, 3 parts of grouped plants and rocks. I made it this way so the user will be able to load all of just part of it. There is also a sub-folder that contains single versions of the 3 included plants, 5 different rock shapes that can have 5 different rock materials applied to them and a ground plain with a tiled texture so you'll be able to expand beyond the mound prop. The burrow has a resizable opening (like by Kiwi burrow has). I haven't decided a 100% yet but the DS version will probably be a native DS version rather than the side-by-side runtime versions I usually do. The reason is that prop don't auto-load Studio materials unless they are the older .dsa format (which might not allow all the iray coding I want).

NW_Sagebrush_Promo7.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
lol...personally I prefer yabbies
I actually had to look that up in Wikipedia, as I've never heard of them before. The image they showed reminds me a bit like a lobster, or crab, which is what we have up here in the US.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I was just at Weather.com checking out the forecast for the rest of the week, and I when I scrolled down the page, I noticed this really nice closeup of a Puffin so, of course, I clicked to see what it was all about, and it was a page showcasing the 64 finalists in their 2016 It's Amazing Out There Photo Contest Finalists.

2016 It's Amazing Out There Photo Contest Finalists

There's 64 amazing photos, and a good many of them are birds. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yabbies are a small crayfish, and I wish I knew where to find them. I haven't had them since I was a kid and they were my fave (much prefer them to prawns/shrimp)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I like Prawns and Shrimp, but my 2 faves are Lobster and Soft Shell Crabs, the latter only available during the summer months, because they grow back their hard shells for the fall, winter and spring.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The only way I've had them is either in a restuarant or catching them in dams. Some friends of ours had a dam when I was growing up. The kids used to swim in it in summer and they used to say the yabbies would nip their toes. That put me off trying to swim in it...plus I prefer sand on the bottom when I swim not mud.

Szark

Awesome
We have an infestation of American Fresh water crays which are out populating our own species so we are all encouraged to find out where we can catch to eat. They have a site I believe. I so wish I had a car. Yummmmmmmmmm

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wish I new where to get them on the Gold Coast, I don't mind drag netting a dam :D

Jan

Adventurous
I'm only familiar with the saltwater yabbies (also called nippers). They are plentiful along the riverbanks where I live , just take a yabbie pump and a bucket, go down at low tide and pump some up - then you are ready to go fishing with them as bait - perfect. These guys are smaller than the fresh-water ones the girls are referring to above. The fish love them.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
yeah, I've seen the salties, I think they'd be too small to eat. We used to catch the freshies with the meat in a net in the creak but drag net the dam. I remember one time we were dragging the net and the rope came off, it wasn't too deep as you could still see a bit of the net (made from a couple of layers chicken wire), none of the boys would go get it so I had to (I don't think I've run quite so fast in my life :p)

Jan

Adventurous
Here is one for Szark with his weird tastes - :snoopydance:

Kookaburra-EatMouseCollage1ab.jpg

Thought I would mention this, this Kookaburra was blind in one eye and you can see that on the small pic, she had just swallowd the mouse.