• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Nice Render Jan!

Here's the final on those Alligator lizards... now on to two pretty challenging textures, the agama and the tokay gecko

Render 9.jpg

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Jan, lovely! And Ken, those guys are cool looking~ LOOOOOOOOONG lizards!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While I'm not really sure how this lizard got it's name (Black-necked Agama) when it clearly has a blue neck it every image I've seen (perhaps the blue looks dark when the light isn't on it), the male of this species is simply stunning. On to the female of the species next,... who is a drab gray with little yellow coloring.

Black-neckedAgama1.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say, and I bet such a colorful skin helps it "hide out" when predators are around.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Love it, Ken.... will buy any and all of your little critters you make!!! I sooooo love all kinds! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Wow, just like a peacock. The male has all the colorful tail feathers, and the female has none.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
can't wait for the blue tongue to be released along with the frill neck...

There will be a frill neck Ken won't there?

Creating Frill-necks would require a specialized model and the frill would present a huge rigging/jcm challenge. Saying that, it might happen down the road, as may others lizards species, but I have no plans yet. It will depend on my interest in continuing the series and how well the series is doing in the marketplace. I'm committed to Volume II (which I'm 3/4 the way through) and Volume III which I haven't started yet (which has your blue-tongue in it).

Beyond Volume III, I want to create a small desert environment (similar to my Kiwi Burrow) for my lizard sets and then I'm ready to go back to birds for a while. I really need to get cracking on the series-wide update.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sure digging your lizards here MacGyver Ken!!!

We're looking these over now in our skype meeting.

Sweet stuff. You're so good!