• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Jan

Adventurous
So good. Knowing your attention to detail with your birds, these Lizards will be a must have. What volume will have Australian Lizards in it, especially the Blue-tongue (the Eastern variety)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Hi Jan, I asked Ken on FB that same question the other day, his answer was the bluey will be in Volume 3

A little ways off yet I'd reckon...

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks everyone...

The Base set (and Volume I) got their minor QA fixes today, so expect them in the store soon. Volume II is progressing well, the Gila Monster is done and will be available in Orange, Red or Yellow colors. Next, my list is a local favorite, the Alligator Lizard. A few weeks ago I rescued a baby wrentit from the jaws of an alligator lizard (who had it by the wing). It's family hung with me for a couple hours after the rescue. I guess they trusted me more than the lizard. In any case, I probably won't get to the Black-necked Agama or Tokay Gecko until the end of July because I working the booth for Smith-Micro at Siggraph (in Anaheim, CA) next week. For those interested, I'll be demoing Poser Tuesday 1-3pm and Wednesday 2-4pm.

Volume III, as discussed above, will have the "Bluey" or Blue-tongued Skink and NZ Common Skink, the Eastern-collared Lizard and the European Common Wall Lizard.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I did a couple promo images today from the base set-- the first one, the male Western Fence Lizard...

LizarPromo1.jpg

...and the male Eastern Fence Lizard.... (I actually have a real photo of a Western Fence Lizard who camped in an empty bird house for a while)
LizarPromo2.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Love that lil lizard peeking out from the birdhouse...but I bet mama and papa bird aren't too thrilled ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Ken Gilliland !!! Eeek... talking on the phone to you know who, and she said "Did you see the new things in the store" and I said no..... and went and looked, and YELLED LIZARDS!!!! and had to apologize for breaking her eardrums! :) Buying now!! :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, and invade the bird houses!

Awesome sets, Ken!