• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
playing about with the atypical type of image using the Gecko. Took one of Stonemason's Enchanted Forest Plants in to Blender and gave the leaf volume and then went about converting the lizard in to Iray mats and making a normal map from the bump map. Still all a WIP but here is what I have so far in the way of tests

View attachment 14161

View attachment 14162

View attachment 14163

That is a huge bunch of holy wow wrapped in a big bow of awesome sauce!!!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
thanks all :)
yep Jan, got them all.... was going to put the kookaburra in cause he laughed and said it's true :)

had the CP frilled lizard when it came out.. grabbed the CP wombat as well then deleted it as it was a travesty! worse than the frill. I wonder if the HW dog can be morphed into a wombat...

I tried the other day to get the frilled lizard and ken's lizard together but it didn't work out.... eeeek!

may have to get Chris to give Ken a hand to morph one :alien:

MacGyver Ken, certainly doesn't need any help from me.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a Poser render using the Tokay Gecko from Volume 2 with some Pink-necked Green Pigeon in the far distance.

Tokay2.jpg

Szark

Awesome
I am loving the body part controls Ken...I really can get excellent poses going with these little chaps.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
@Szark... Part of my frustration with using many of the creatures available in the 3D world had to do with ease of use. I've tried to make my later models less difficult to use and easier to find everything (by placing it in the BODY section).

Tip for Gecko users--- The model and poses are generic, so eyelids are operational on the gecko. Gecko do not have functioning eyelids, so set the close eyelids control to "0" before rendering.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since Volume 2 is wrapped and in QA, here's a quick overview of the 4 species that should be in the store soon...

...and yes, I'm now working on Volume III, Collared Lizard first, then the Bluey, the NZ skink and last, the European Wall Lizard.

promo-vol2.jpg