• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Szark

Awesome
2 different lighting effects - I do like that even better, but I still like the other as well!
Thank you The light is the same just a different sun poisition...but this one is also less saturated which was pointed out in the first one. I must admit this one is more real for the less saturated colours. I do think the sun intensity could have done with increasing a little but I am happy to leave there and call it DONE. :)

nice work!
Thanks Ken thanks for the fun.

Looks like you have more reflective light into the shadow side of the face. This is an improvement, and the eye looks better as well.

Excellent work Szark!! Impressive attention to details.

And now that I look at them side by side, you've done quite a bit more than what I mentioned. Some very nice tweaking.
Thanks Chris. Yeah the difference in not having enough time and making time to do it better. The eye reflection gave the image title. ;) To get lighter shadows in this image I just took Crush Blacks (Iray Tone Mapping Render Settings) down by .05 and left the Sun/Sky at default with Sun position by the Iray Sun Dial found in the Render Setting Preset Tab.

Posted new "On The Edge" image on fbook page.
Thank you Chris

Excellent rework Szark. I liked the original render, but loving this one even more. ;)
Thank you Miss B
@Szark :

Chris said it!!!!

I spend hours posing, experimenting with lighting... I feel that detail work is so central to creating art that is as good as it can be!
Nice thing baout Iray is settting the sun position whilst having almost instant feedback.

View attachment 14395

Volume II is out!

I should also alert everyone that there are updates to the Base Set and Volume I (if you bought them before today 12Aug16).

These updates correct a small issue in the CR2 when using the Gila Monster, some issues in the DAZ Studio version in both sets (regarding the GilaMonster morph) and include the missing skink from Volume I in both versions.
Got them and yet to install and play. I'm thinking Gila in Vue, with making a micromanagement..well shall see if I get the time.

Szark

Awesome

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm moving to the 'Bluey' next... here's the male Eastern Collared Lizards in a full run... this lizard has the ability to run on it's hind legs like a dinosaur-- Vol. 3 will have a couple run poses included ;)

collaredrun.jpg

Szark

Awesome
Chris I just noticed the newsletter (thanks for that) and the above image was titled btw. :p I called it "Man that is a long way up" :)