• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, now it is ebook and paperback editions too.
When I get more artwork done I will work on the bigger book and see about getting it in paperback edition.
Haven't tried writing anything new in some time now but may do that too. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
There was a scary posting on Facebook.
It says psychologists claim that if someone appears in your dream it means they want to see you.
Lately I have dreams where someone sneaks into my room holding a big knfe over me.
Or some dizzy blond gal is sitting nude on the kitchen counter and her fully clothed twin is grabbing a knife.
They both advance on me...eeeeee!
Or some monster is after me like a huge wolf but not a wolf or a demon.
Hey, I do not want to see them, uh uh...NO! :eek:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I far prefer the article I read recently on Mother Nature Network (Maybe those dreams you've been having aren't so far out after all) where dreams are simply the result of your brain processing all the countless experiences and feelings and sensations of daily life. There was also an article several years ago about nightmares (Nightmares about more than just fear, new study finds) which basically expanded on the causes for nightmares (not just fear, but also anxiety, confusion, guilt, or sadness). Given how terrifying the world has become and how much anxiety and guilt so many of us deal with ALL the time, it's amazing more of us don't have constant nightmares.

Personally, I think it's far more likely we dream about someone not because they want to see us, but because at some point we've been thinking about them or something has reminded us of them. I'd most definitely consider the knife and monster dreams as nightmares. My bad dreams/nightmares tend to involve me being at work and suddenly realizing I'm not wearing anything or I am late for work and no matter what I do, can't get any closer to work and can't call to let my supervisor know that I'm exceedingly late for work (clearly I'm anxious about something in my life). Fortunately, I don't have a lot of stranger threat or monster dreams (which is odd considering I live in Philadelphia) ... though I get them sometimes.

What I've learned to do is to take over the narrative of a nightmare so I can weaken the nightmare. By that I mean that at the point I consciously become aware of the bad dream or nightmare, I start looking at the inconsistencies in the dream or "rewrite" what's happening. Since it's rather unlikely someone is going to break into my apartment through my balcony door or windows (I'm on the 10th floor ... not a lot of people are going to scale an apartment building to rob or kill someone) and every time I leave or enter my apartment, I engage the deadbolt. In addition, there are only two ways to enter my building ... either through the entry from the garage (which is controlled by a key card) or through the lobby, which is also controlled by a key card). Visitors have to call an apartment and be buzzed in through the lobby. If it's a killer, odds are, they are going to stop at one of the other apartments rather than mine, and there are 20+ floors of apartments with about 20 apartments per floor. So, when I do have those rare dreams about someone in my apartment threatening me, I run through those facts.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Dreams are strange and a person can learn to actually take control within the dream.
The one with the blond twins, I got the knife somehow and hid it then woke up.

I used to have dreams where I was driving and somehow drove across a bridge that went into a tunnel under water.
Or running through a dark hallway and it was very long, almost endless but it got so narrow I could not go all the way through.
In other of my dreams I simply rise up and float where I want to go or look up to see trucks, cars and buses flying through the sky.

Sometimes the nightmares, when I remember the clearly enough, become parts of the short stories I write.
Maybe for some of us the dreams, nightmares and all, are part of our artistic natures, we use them to create art in one form or another.

But there are some dreams that seem to have meaning for me, if I dream of my father (passed many years ago) I end up moving within a year.
If I dream of tornadoes something bad happens in the family, usually a death, I hate tornado dreams!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh, meant to post that my paperback is now published and is on Amazon.
The amazing cover art was done by Rae here at HiveWire.

!Demon Walks in the Night.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So all day I have been trying to get my carousel working.
Something went haywire and it will not load.
That meant redoing the whole thing but now I will have to save out a new object file and do a new UV map...sigh.

And while I am doing this my daughter gets a call from the school, all Franklin County schools in Missouri were put on lock down.
A call went in that a man with a gun was seen and a threat was called into one of the schools in Union.
Turns out he was in Washington, MO walking down the street with a gun, police went to stop him but he ran.
Later the gun was found, a semi-auto SKS rifle with a 30 round banana clip and he was also found and caught.
He called in a fake report to Union and it is believed he meant to shoot up a school in Washington.

I told my daughter all my generation had to worry about was atomic bombs, tornadoes and abusive teachers or principals.
There were guns in many home, men taught their sons to hunt, you could see pick-up trucks with gun racks and guns.
It wasn't illegal to drive with them in the truck.
Yet we did not have school shootings.

Hornet3d

Wise
Being from the UK I cannot get my head around the gun situation in the US but I do share the horror whenever I see another shooting.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just heard a report on the news that a man and his son were shot on the way home from the son's school. The boy will be OK, but the father didn't make it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Now that Content Paradise will not be available for vendors or freebies I decided to go through my items and transfer most to sharecg as free items.
Not any M4 or V4 or my Apollo items.
But the Poser peeps and the MilHorse sets and some other items as well.
Gonna be busy after we get settled in the new house.
So for anyone who like Poser peeps, V3 and M3, there will new freebies there in the next few months. :)

Also means doing some editing of images and links on my web site as well.
A lot of files are being deleted from my web space now as they are not needed there.

Guess that should all keep me out of mischief for a bit...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We are officially moved in.
My daughter and I were sitting the front room and her hubby went outside to smoke.
So I decided to see if I could move and straighten a few things, my daughter followed and started to put my bed together.
Suddenly I heard a voice behind me, "What do you two think you're doing".
I looked and my son-in-law was standing there.
In a mock, meek voice I told my daughter, "Uh oh, we're busted"!
He told us we were supposed to be relaxing, not working and told us to get back the living room in and sit down.

I did as ordered but he and my daughter finished getting my bed together .
This morning I've unpacked and set up stuff except all my clothes.
They are going to still be there tomorrow and I'll get them on hangers and put in the closet.

Tonight I am just relaxing and doing nothing but games or Netflix. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
We are officially moved in.
My daughter and I were sitting the front room and her hubby went outside to smoke.
So I decided to see if I could move and straighten a few things, my daughter followed and started to put my bed together.
Suddenly I heard a voice behind me, "What do you two think you're doing".
I looked and my son-in-law was standing there.
In a mock, meek voice I told my daughter, "Uh oh, we're busted"!
He told us we were supposed to be relaxing, not working and told us to get back the living room in and sit down.

I did as ordered but he and my daughter finished getting my bed together .
This morning I've unpacked and set up stuff except all my clothes.
They are going to still be there tomorrow and I'll get them on hangers and put in the closet.

Tonight I am just relaxing and doing nothing but games or Netflix. :)

Sounds like a great plan. Glad you are in and taking it in small steps, the last thing you want is to have bad memories of your new place so take it easy and enjoy the new location.

Happily the fitter for our new windows arrived on time was very polite and professional and did a great job. Most of the stuff I removed from the rooms has been put back over yesterday afternoon and today although some will be heading for the recycling site very soon. It is so nice to look at a clear view from my work room window without having to peer through loads of condensation.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Going to be a busy week from tomorrow on, company coming for a stay.
My niece and her husband and son will be here tomorrow and stay several days.
My older brother will be her eon Saturday for a week or so.
My younger brother will come on Sunday for the day.
On Sunday we are having a Housewarming/Christmas dinner.

It will be fun but very tiring...lol.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I was going to have a quiet run down to Christmas but that is looking unlikely. I have spent the best part of a day this week getting all my home automation on line working again. That included about twelve calls to tech support who, as usual, treat you as an idiot until you prove to them that you have a grasp of what they were on about. I had the "it's your broadband excuse" until I asked why home come my computer and NAS system were on line". Then "It's your wi-fi" until I asked why my tablets and phone were not having no trouble. An hour in they decide to send me a new hub. New hub arrived and I had a different set of problems but after another five hours and four calls to tech support everything is back on line and all I need to do now is reapply the scripts.

Next week does not seem any quieter, Saturday off to the pantomime as my wife is playing the evil witch....well I say playing....... Sunday out with my sister and niece to buy their Christmas tree, so another morning gone, then wrap my wife's presents up in the afternoon as she is again in the pantomime so out of the house. Monday is shopping day and then we are taking the in laws up to the crematorium as it is the anniversary of the grandmother passing. Tuesday a trip to the local refuse tip to dump a set of doors which we are doing as we have to take the dog crate out to get the Christmas tree in so an opportune moment. A little later Tuesday, meet my brother in town for lunch and swap presents as he is flying back to Canada Wednesday. Wednesday we have to get our own decorations up as we have an in-laws inspection Thursday afternoon and in the evening we are off to a carol concert. Friday is quiet at present but there is still time.