• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, so many of us do resent bad treatment.
I always treat people with politeness unless they treat me badly, then it's a whole nother story...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have spent most of this morning updating my new address and changing my main email for places I deal with.
In January I am going to start a Hostgator account and move my web site back there.
1and1 updated their site and no wit confuses me when I need to update my stuff.
Plus the tools provided are better at Hostgator.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Not to mention, the older we get, the more we hurt. Not that that's an excuse for rude behavior, but it is harder to deal with frustrations when one hurts.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
True, I never have a pain free day.
Still I am polite as long as I'm treated the same.
Can't say the same for my younger brother.
Lately he is getting so verbally abusive to some of us, I hate that.
Don't thing he is to other people though, yet.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well after my let down by a local tyres supplier I am happy to say that my car now has four new boots fitted. The fitter called about twenty minutes before to say he was on his way, arrived with all four tyres, correct brand, style and size. There was a slight delay as he had a problem with the clamp table and had to have someone come out to fix it. He kept my informed of the delay and progress and left just short of two hours later. Not bad when there were all four tyres to change and anyway I was able to spend time in Poser rather than listen to someone's party life. I know where I will be going next time I need tyres.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Been busy all day backing up everything I want to keep from this computer.
My daughter and SOL checked finances and managed to order me a new laptop more geared for my work.
It will arrive tomorrow.
So I'll clean this one, our newest extended family addition is an IT guy and will check it to see why it is groaning so much.
It may just need the fan cleaned.
Then once it is running smoothly my daughter will use it for her work.

I am excited to get this new one, 16 gb RAM and 4 GB on the graphics card.
It is gonna make renders so much easier. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Congratulations on the new laptop!

A couple weeks ago mine went wonky so had to get a new one. I can't seem to get one to last more than a year. My son found a keyboard cover - a thin piece of plastic that fits over the keys - that's supposed to protect it. Hoping that will help as my cats don't understand they are not allowed on the computer.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I haven't had a cat since my Miss Kitty died about 7 years ago.
She was twenty years old or a few months near it.
And now my grandson and a grand-daughter are allergic to them.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When Mom was still alive we always had some animal or other.
At one point she had 11 monkeys, plus two dogs and three cats.
We had at one time or another several domestic mice, hamsters and guinea pigs.
Oh, and three myna birds and other types of birds off and on.
A wild rabbit, pigeons, turtles, a king snake and a big black and white Hare.
I am ever so thankful that no one wanted to give her an elephant...lol.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, she was given one by my sister, bought one as a companion then joined the Simian society of Missouri.
They started placing unwanted monkeys with her, those people got and did not want any longer.
Four were tiny, the others medium size but one got very big.
She never had any problem handling them.
But it was like a zoo at times at the least...lol.

Getting files to my external so tomorrow's switch will go a bit easier than otherwise.
Still will need to do a few re-installs on the new machine.
Hope I feel up to doing it but I just go on a day by day basis now.
Never know till I wake up if I want to just pull the cover back over me and hide or get doing things. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Been busy all day backing up everything I want to keep from this computer.
My daughter and SOL checked finances and managed to order me a new laptop more geared for my work.
It will arrive tomorrow.
So I'll clean this one, our newest extended family addition is an IT guy and will check it to see why it is groaning so much.
It may just need the fan cleaned.
Then once it is running smoothly my daughter will use it for her work.

I am excited to get this new one, 16 gb RAM and 4 GB on the graphics card.
It is gonna make renders so much easier. :)

New computer sounds a real good upgrade, I hope you enjoy it and the re-installs go well.

From working in PC repair shop for a couple for a couple of years I discovered one of the biggest problems, no matter what make, was the cooling system. The fans are quite small but very efficient at pulling air into the laptop but the small confines of the cooler fins means they pack with dust very easily and because of their mobile nature they are often sat on dust prone surfaces. When they cooling system builds with dust the air flow drops and the CPU can overheat and therefore begin to throttle back to avoid damage. Many are easy to clean but a few seem to be built by putting cooling system down and building the laptop around it, this means it often needs a complete strip down to do an other wise easy job. Other common faults were the power pin becoming away from the circuit board, I suspect from being carried with the power lead still plugged in or the lead being tripped over while the laptop is in use while plugged into the mains. One other common complaint is not really afault, well not of the laptop, and that is being dropped.

I hope the laptop is fun and everyone else has a great holiday.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I dropped one some years back.
It seemed fine but when it started making odd sounds I backed it up.
Good thing because it died.
Opened it to see if there might be a loose wire but the inside was cracked and fell apart.
Dropping them is not good.

I will let the It guy ( extended family member) look it over for my daughter.
He builds his own.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Arrrgh!
Rosity has a 50% off sale on all items in our wish list and I still can't get anything. :cry:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I saw that email, but the only things I "really" want are not included. ~sigh~

Hornet3d

Wise
Arrrgh!
Rosity has a 50% off sale on all items in our wish list and I still can't get anything. :cry:

I don't shop there so I did not see the sale but it is probably just as well as I am all spent out and most of that was the first part next years hobby budget. With the sales here and at Daz3D I have been picking content up at 60% -75% off, scenes at Daz and animals, Dawn clothing and background here.