• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Glad your diet is working!

If you can eat olive oil, try this. Brush vegis in olive oil then grill them. Corn, peppers, mushrooms, any vegi really. It's my favorite.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thank you for the information! Right now we're doing everything we can to keep her weight up. Perhaps this should be in the "Growing old is not for Sissies" as the treatment for her illness is almost as bad as the disease itself. Her weight has dropped too dramatically, nothing tastes good, everything is difficult to keep down, and even the smell of fried foods makes her nauseous. Thank goodness for the potato. For some reason, she'll still eat my french fries, baked potato and mashed potatoes. I feel guilty chowing down on Pizza, chili and anything else I wish. I do this as one of her favorite joys was making her own asian diet and then stealing some of my food if it looked good. She'd come back to the table, with the nerve to say sorry while still chewing my down the best parts of my dinner and then going back for more. I once threatened to sell her for this affront to my male authority (which is like...no authority at all) and she replied, "You can't sell me. Slaves have to be sold," before going back to my leftovers and stealing it away for her lunch the next day.

I just want her to eat without pain. I mean, eating shouldn't hurt. Period. So anything that can heal from within is good information.

Just part of the our dynamic, typically she did the cooking as I eat everything and she is extremely picky. However, I cooked on all holidays and of course, upon request. I've learned how to cook everything under the sky.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is the US (don't know if you are in US) we can get Boost or Ensure to help on nutrition or weight gain.
When Mom was with Hospice they ordered it for her and as I was her caregiver it was in my name.
They still allow me to get it through Health and care services for the elderly since I am a senior citizen (Old lady) and it helps for that.
It is loaded with vitamins and iron though and I can't take iron so they said I can let my family use it.
And I do not need more weight gain, I am borderline diabetic.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thank you Faery Light!

I live in Southern California, a place called Orange County. After the last treament, the gals in the office said we can have a Boost or Ensure six pack whenever we visit. She needs it for both, it's a bit pricey after a while and it saves a trip to the store. Last week, it was simply being waved over and it was given to me (us) without even asking. Apparently it's in their budget!

The thing is, I'm no spring chicken (as my mom says) so it's also good for me but I feel like I'm taking it away from her. We just tried baby food. It is a no go! Tapioca pudding for some reason goes down with only a light burn. She had a craving and we tried it and it worked! At least she finished her egg flower soup. That's a huge start!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure what is wrong with her, just acid reflux or more but she could have a condition like my daughter and I.
It is a genetic defect that messes with the immune system and it seems that for us, any additives or preservatives and food coloring triggers the reflux.
That is why the fresh veggies works, even if we steam or saute them because they have no additives of any kind.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'm not sure what is wrong with her, just acid reflux or more but she could have a condition like my daughter and I.
It is a genetic defect that messes with the immune system and it seems that for us, any additives or preservatives and food coloring triggers the reflux.
That is why the fresh veggies works, even if we steam or saute them because they have no additives of any kind.

Faery Light, Please check your site mail. I have a few answers for you.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow, been awhile since I updated here.

One holiday over and one to go and this old gal will not repeat the foods she ate for T. D. dinner.
It was maybe two tablespoons of mashed potatoes, similar amounts of sweet potatoes, green bean casserole and four diced chunks of ham.
I did not eat pie or any of my cake till day after yet my tummy was angry at me.
And after eating the pie and 1 thin slice of cake my tummy fought me all night.
Seems like the cranky old thing only wants veggies and fruit now, and small amounts of that only.
With Christmas coming up I need to remember, not potatoes or meat.

It's gonna be rough for the next week or so food wise as had a new prescription filled and put us short on money.
So we will eat what is left of the holiday food and some veggies and fruit, hope it lasts...sigh.

Hope I won't need any more new meds because I need my Spiriva refilled and it is $150.00 per refill on copay till January.
Oh well, at least we have the rent and utilities paid for this month so no worries there.

Son-in-law and grand-daughter get paid in a week and my check will be here.
Meantime I might need to sell my body to science, ooops, they wouldn't want it either. :roflmao:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well a tad bit of good luck, the grand-daughter earned some nice tips at work so she is giving to Momma for food purchase.
Gonna make it through after all and get to keep my body...lol.

Hornet3d

Wise
Not political, just an observation, but we are in 2017 and there are people having to choose between medication and food. I know there are other people worse off but this simple fact makes me feel that, as a species, we are getting it all wrong.

I am on 6 different tablets a day and multiple injections and yet I do not pay for that because I live in the UK. If I had for every item I might still be able to afford food but very little else and that is only because I was lucky enough to have a good career and stash a decent pension away over thirty odd years. Still feels wrong though that free medication is not a given right.

Off my high horse, sorry but things like this upset me. I am really glad your granddaughter came to your aid and you can breath easy for a while. Stay safe and enjoy yourself.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I agree that health care and medicines should be free.
If the US would take the money they spend on wars that are not ours, to promote research that does not really help anyone, (who cares about the sex habits of a bug?" they could get universal health care here.
But due to "pork barreling" they promote big pharmacy who does not want universal health, they are greedy!
The government is greedy and only promote things that will benefit them and their pockets.
It's the truth and no matter how many times we try to vote in "honest politicians" they are soon corrupted as well.
Power corrupts and that is why.

It does get difficult, there are things I still need to upgrade my life to better "meds and healthcare" but many others have even less.
Some people have no one to fall back on, no one to care, no family or family that does not care.
I have a caring family and that is something I am always thankful for.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I am beginning to study Blender more to learn modeling better and to do texturing and UV mapping.|
The program just keeps getting better so I want to know more about it.

Now if only my foggy brain will clear long enough to retain some of the information.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Blender rocks! There's a really great class at udemy.com that's reasonably priced and really good.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I actually learn better with pdf files to show the way.
Any video, especially if it is sound but mo CC does me no good.
I do sometimes watch a U-Tube tutorial if it has CC but not when my program is open or I get befuddled. :laugh:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This one: Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I miss being able to understand spoken words and when my mind was sharper.
This sounds like what I need.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This one: Learn 3D Modelling - The Complete Blender Creator Course
THAT's the one I'm taking. Are you taking it now, or have you already completed it?

I haven't gotten past section 2 because I have a couple of other courses I need to finish in the next couple of months because I only have an educational version of the software needed.

I do check posts on the forum they have set up for that, and some other related classes, because some of the work these folks are doing is really quite good.