• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

DanaTA

Distinguished
There are a few young kids for G8 lately, but I don't think any are Baby Luna young. Plus the Growing Up for G8 stuff. I wonder if something could be converted with one of the converters they have. Probably not for Maddie stuff...that's too old. But, maybe it could be turned dynamic with dForce? Just some pondering. I haven't even used dForce yet. Don't know if my old computer can handle it.

Dana

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I remember a related style for kids who had stared walking where the soles were a bit larger than the shoe and extended, oh, maybe a tenth of an inch beyond it. I think the idea was to provide better balance, but I suspect the extended sole was just as likely to catch on things and trip the kid as otherwise.
I only know it suppose to help the balance but never saw the oversized soles , just the high of the shoes to support the ankle for stability

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
There's a good deal of discussion in Angel Wings's thread regarding the baby/toddler morphs that are available. No one is completely satisfied with any of them, but quite a lot of people wish that her Amanda character were still available. It's based on Sixus1's baby for G8F, but since that's at Rendo instead of DAZ, she can't very well sell it at DAZ.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I only know it suppose to help the balance but never saw the oversized soles , just the high of the shoes to support the ankle for stability
Well, in all honesty, I started walking early, so was looking very bow-legged by the time I was a year old, and she put me in "corrective shoes" from then until I was about six and whined about being mocked for wearing 'baby shoes' at school. the extended sole may have been the corrective variety.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, in all honesty, I started walking early, so was looking very bow-legged by the time I was a year old, and she put me in "corrective shoes" from then until I was about six and whined about being mocked for wearing 'baby shoes' at school. the extended sole may have been the corrective variety.
A lot of babies are born with that , one more severe than another depends of how much space they had in the womb , some resolve at itself with the age some needs correction shoes or even a surgery. Sorry that you have to go through that.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I suspect there wasn't actually a problem, but it didn't do me any harm in the long run. Apart from being mocked for wearing baby shoes by a pack of 6-year-olds.
That what I was sorry for ... 6 years old can be so cruel already.. and you never forget things like that.. it get imprinted

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
There are a few young kids for G8 lately, but I don't think any are Baby Luna young. Plus the Growing Up for G8 stuff. I wonder if something could be converted with one of the converters they have. Probably not for Maddie stuff...that's too old. But, maybe it could be turned dynamic with dForce? Just some pondering. I haven't even used dForce yet. Don't know if my old computer can handle it.

Dana
Dana darling , we are here to support the figures with own stuff for them , that is the goal , I saw actually a lot of nice stuff that was done for Luna in clothing and other stuff . Second hand clothing can be always done , edited .. etc.. but a lot of people just want click and render .
And figures without own assets are just second figures ..as their second hand clothing are quickly forgotten .. as the majority don't want to go through all of it. You keeping figures a life be doing new assets ..
I can convert any clothing to whatever I want in seconds , but that is .. you never can use it, so that is not really helpful to anybody and truly no support, and in place of converting they switch to the models the clothing was actually made for as it is much easier and no hassle .

I really enjoying making new stuff , that's what the fun is about., that why I am here for .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Beside @JOdel suggestion on the shoes, any other special request ? as I am about to open my fabric lol I really like the old vintage stuff , it have some values to it and you see it not often on the 3D market.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
You've probably got examples of your own, but this is a fair representation of what Ma considered an appropriate dress for baby girls. I was around a year old in this one, rather than 4 months, but, with variations of surface decoration, nearly *all* my dresses up until I was about 10 or 11, were made to roughly the same pattern.

The sunsuit was probably not something Ma would have put on me until I was bit older. I think I was around 2 here.
babydress.jpgsunsuit.jpg

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
You've probably got examples of your own, but this is a fair representation of what Ma considered an appropriate dress for baby girls. I was around a year old in this one, rather than 4 months, but, with variations of surface decoration, nearly *all* my dresses up until I was about 10 or 11, were made to roughly the same pattern.

The sunsuit was probably not something Ma would have put on me until I was bit older. I think I was around 2 here.
View attachment 69024View attachment 69025
too cute !
I don't think there was so dramatic changes in baby dresses fashion until the end of 90's mostly looking alike, they got just little shorter with time .
Thanks for sharing ..

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The dresses were made fairly loose and drawn to fit the body by the sash ties (which were sewn into the side seams).

Ma was an enthusiastic home seamstress. I had more dresses than you could shake a stick at.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dana darling , we are here to support the figures with own stuff for them , that is the goal , I saw actually a lot of nice stuff that was done for Luna in clothing and other stuff . Second hand clothing can be always done , edited .. etc.. but a lot of people just want click and render .
And figures without own assets are just second figures ..as their second hand clothing are quickly forgotten .. as the majority don't want to go through all of it. You keeping figures a life be doing new assets ..
I can convert any clothing to whatever I want in seconds , but that is .. you never can use it, so that is not really helpful to anybody and truly no support, and in place of converting they switch to the models the clothing was actually made for as it is much easier and no hassle .

I really enjoying making new stuff , that's what the fun is about., that why I am here for .
I fully understand why we are here in this thread. I was simply responding to what someone said about a fit she tried on Baby Luna. Since she obviously was trying to do something with it, I don't see what was wrong with my suggestions. I had no intention of detracting from your wonderful work.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here one more, the little rabbit .. :inlove:
So cute.
Children and Babies. Love them like crazy and the best is, they look in everything cute and pretty. They have no teeth, little hair ,are chubby , but are cute and adorable . You catch the spirit of this little so well. :inlove:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I fully understand why we are here in this thread. I was simply responding to what someone said about a fit she tried on Baby Luna. Since she obviously was trying to do something with it, I don't see what was wrong with my suggestions. I had no intention of detracting from your wonderful work.

Dana
Dana, don't take it personal , it was a general talk , you did nothing wrong .. I just told you what we need or it is going to be over soon

Last edited:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The dresses were made fairly loose and drawn to fit the body by the sash ties (which were sewn into the side seams).

Ma was an enthusiastic home seamstress. I had more dresses than you could shake a stick at.
That's wonderful , I designed and made once dresses for girls commercially sold it in boutiques in the very early 90's , life teach you many things ;)

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
That's wonderful , I designed and made once dresses for girls commercially sold it in boutiques in the very early 90's , life teach you many things ;)
I admire everybody who can sew their own outfits. I try it once and it was a huge mess.
My mama use to sew for me my outfits when I was a child. I was so little and skinny that she never find proper outfits for me in my age.
So she sew them. I had a coat which I loved so much,it was like from the little red ridding hood and in front she made me buttons like on the coats from the Hussars . Cry so much when I grow out of it :inlove:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
:drawing:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-05 040627.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-05 040627.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot 2021-05-05 040806.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-05 040806.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2021-05-05 040848.jpg