• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes.
Alisa said I could put them on ShareCG or sell them myself...so, I haven't done anything. Maybe, I'll PM you later about adding them to your site?
OK! Right now, my site is down...and I don't know why. My access to the mail on my domain is also getting an error. So, maybe they've had a problem with the servers. Maybe they've been hit by those severe storms down south...I think that's where the servers are. A bit worrisome.

Dana

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Here one more, the little rabbit .. :inlove:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-04 124102.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-04 124102.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 125

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Definitely she looks younger and healthier.

I showed my husband your first set of these renders (before the comparison ones) and he thought it was our grand-daughter first (okay, he didn't have his contacts on!) And I said, no, this is Baby Luna (He hates baby luna - to be honest, he hates any child/baby morph and most manga, all animae, etc.) And his reply...That is voodoo!
:laugh:
I tricked my sister yesterday with the first render of Baby Ela .
I need to make some normal baby clothing for her and some natural looking hair to see how she looks like.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Do babies still wear those classic, white, hi-top lace up shoes? Nobody has made a pair of those for any baby model out there.
Admittedly with Genesis it might be unacceptably niche, since I don't imagine that anyone would put them on a model that *wasn't* a baby. But if anyone was doing a render even remotely historical, they'd certainly come in handy.

I'm taking about the kind that people used to bronze once the baby grew out of them.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Do babies still wear those classic, white, hi-top lace up shoes? Nobody has made a pair of those for any baby model out there.
Admittedly with Genesis it might be unacceptably niche, since I don't imagine that anyone would put them on a model that *wasn't* a baby. But if anyone was doing a render even remotely historical, they'd certainly come in handy.

I'm taking about the kind that people used to bronze once the baby grew out of them.
this one ? they still selling it , good for the first steps ..

Attachments

• il_794xN.2322764727_d77f.jpg
    il_794xN.2322764727_d77f.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 128

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
this one ? they still selling it , good for the first steps ..
I still have my baby ones, it has my first name on the bottom of one and my birthdate on the bottom of the other one. I almost lost them when my hope chest got flooded and fell apart and half the stuff molded (it was in storage, so I didn't know there was an issue.) :(

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:laugh:
I tricked my sister yesterday with the first render of Baby Ela .
I need to make some normal baby clothing for her and some natural looking hair to see how she looks like.
Oh god yes! She def need some baby hair, I don't think I've come across any. I know not every child is born with no hair or thick hair (I had thick black hair! Then when red, then white blonde, now mousey blonde/brown except when I colour it pink hahaha) but there are no good baby hair except one for G8F that I've found.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh god yes! She def need some baby hair, I don't think I've come across any. I know not every child is born with no hair or thick hair (I had thick black hair! Then when red, then white blonde, now mousey blonde/brown except when I colour it pink hahaha) but there are no good baby hair except one for G8F that I've found.

Thanks Rae!
I was born with long hair , most all our family kids did , to the nose .. and huge eyelashes like a llama mostly upper, the first hair of course falls out when the hormones balances itself . Thankfully the eyelashes stayed lol

so many 4 months old kids with so great hair , and since Baby Luna is 4 months old , why not ! of course not super stylized.
one thing the babies hair have in common, the forehead is very high

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-04 193815.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-04 193815.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2021-05-04 194328.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-04 194328.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 107

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yup. That's them all right. The perforations are new, but I daresay even baby shoes go through different fashions.
They just trying to make it more girly with that , most for the boys don't have it. And the one I show you are vintage.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Mine are bronzed as well, ties and all. My mother had them done with my brother's baby shoes, and then mine. He got his to keep when he got married and moved out. I got mine when I moved into my first apartment, and I still have them.

I think you're right about them not having perforations back then.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Mine are bronzed on a pair of bookends. They didn't have perforations, but that might not have been a 'thing' in the '40s.
I saw perforations in many from 50-60s , but the traditional one are plain or have sort of diamond pattern with stitches from Victorian era, well not big deal I guess, I still need to make the regular base to begin with.
Plus each country have own traditions , however one thing never changing, the basic form and they are always white in color .

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I remember a related style for kids who had stared walking where the soles were a bit larger than the shoe and extended, oh, maybe a tenth of an inch beyond it. I think the idea was to provide better balance, but I suspect the extended sole was just as likely to catch on things and trip the kid as otherwise.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have a list of hairs that might work for Baby Luna, perhaps with a little coaxing:

Baby Thin Hair for Baby Luna by Elleque

Paul Hair (DAZ3D)
Actual hair (??? Renderosity)
Glyn Hair (Mil Baby 3 - DAZ3D)
Duke Hair (Kids 4 boy - DAZ3D)
Jael Hair (Kids 4 boy - DAZ3D)
Joey Ducky hair (Kids 4 boy - DAZ3D)
Peggy Tails Hair (Kids 4 girl - DAZ3D)
Shane Hair (Kids 4 - DAZ3D)
Finger Wave Bob (Kids 4 girl - DAZ3D)
LaLaLisa Hair (V4 - DAZ3D)
Meg Hair (Kids 4 girl ? - DAZ3D)
Sandy Hair (Kids 4 girl ? or V4 - DAZ3D)
Aldora Hair (V4 - DAZ3D)
Divine Hair (Kids 4 - Renderosity)
Twin Fair Hair (Kids 4 - Renderosity)
KiriTe Hair II (Maddie - Renderosity)

I have some of these hairs, but I haven't tried any yet. Some of this list was posted by someone else, I forget where, the rest are things I thought might work. I admit that many may be a bit mature for a 4 month old baby. What do I know?

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I am pretty sure it's one for Maddie. I think I needed to turn off everything but the hands and head/neck to get it fitted. Can't remember whether I was able to pose it.

It would be nice to see some of the old Maddie or K4 stuff redone, but those aren't even redone for Genesis. Although there was a k4 clone for G1.