• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
This sounds very good. I have sketched out a few outfits in Anime/Manga/Kawai style , for now I will them modeling around DawnSR , but it is no issue, I can refit it later. So your characters are more than welcome :inlove: .
Have also a few Fantasy/Gothic outfits on my sketch board ,but just rough ideas.
Exciting .
That's great to hear ! I got sick last night did not did much my sinuses exploded with waterfall , looks like my annual 24h cold just arrived, but getting better already as it stopped so tomorrow I may be just fine and go back at work. I hope ..

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Feel better Cath, sooner rather than later. Nothing I hate more than my sinuses going into overdrive, though for me it's usually allergies, rather than a cold.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
That's great to hear ! I got sick last night did not did much my sinuses exploded with waterfall , looks like my annual 24h cold just arrived, but getting better already as it stopped so tomorrow I may be just fine and go back at work. I hope ..
Hope you feel better soon. This cold,wet weather is nasty. I catch a stomach flue and was 3 days on soup . I feel so crappy .
Wish you quick recovery .Hugs :inlove:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Thank you, it was a nasty evening and night with fever over 101F (38.4 C) but without sweat, it give me a little scare since the blood pressure was high and heart rate over 120 but decided to go through and let the body kill the cold on itself without anti fever meds and fasting for 24h and it worked, my smell and taste is back this morning no running nose, just a little '' cleaning'' cough but the fever is gone. I hope it is finally over now. The anual 24H colds are short and intense but thankfully lasting not that long.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Feel better Cath, sooner rather than later. Nothing I hate more than my sinuses going into overdrive, though for me it's usually allergies, rather than a cold.
Thank you, we got some polar vortex for the last days it is freezing, I threw a keys to my hubby via the window, what was propadly enough for the freezing wind to swap me. I did not go outside this week so this is only one reason I can think of.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Ugh, hope both of you feel better fast!!
Thanks Alisa,
My hubby thankfully is OK, he went to work this morning. My fever is back again but very mild. But I feel actually pretty good already.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're feeling better Cath. It has been extremely windy, and I hate having to bundle up when running errands, but it's definitely been necessary.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thank you, we got some polar vortex for the last days it is freezing, I threw a keys to my hubby via the window, what was propadly enough for the freezing wind to swap me. I did not go outside this week so this is only one reason I can think of.
Um, you do not catch a cold from cold air or being cold. That is an old myth, or misunderstanding at best. It is a virus that you can catch from others, whether they are feeling it or not. I think it requires warmth and humidity to prosper.

From WebMD: The only way you get sick is when you come into contact with a virus. Cold air may irritate a condition you already have, like asthma, which could make your body more receptive to a cold virus. But you still need to come in contact with the virus.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Glad to hear you're feeling better Cath. It has been extremely windy, and I hate having to bundle up when running errands, but it's definitely been necessary.
Ugh! Yesterday, when I was going out in the morning, it was 10 F. And the wind chill factor was 2 F! I didn't want to be out there! It only got to 18 F at the warmest point yesterday, with a wind chill factor of 6 F.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's usually colder up where you are, but this winter has been the coldest one here in a long time, and the wind the past 2 months has often been outrageously 30-40mph, which makes the temps feel sooooo much colder than they actually are. You can often hear the wind howling, which is not incentive to go outside, but when you must, you must. :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
Just a few minutes ago, I checked, and the temperature was 22 F, with a wind chill factor of 12 F. Still not my idea of a fun outing day! And a Nor'Easter is likely headed our way on Monday! Yay! :cautious:

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Um, you do not catch a cold from cold air or being cold. That is an old myth, or misunderstanding at best. It is a virus that you can catch from others, whether they are feeling it or not. I think it requires warmth and humidity to prosper.

From WebMD: The only way you get sick is when you come into contact with a virus. Cold air may irritate a condition you already have, like asthma, which could make your body more receptive to a cold virus. But you still need to come in contact with the virus.

Dana

Dana
I have condition, and rapidly change of body temperature make me more receptive to cold virus. Summer or winter

DanaTA

Distinguished
I have condition, and rapidly change of body temperature make me more receptive to cold virus. Summer or winter
My point was that opening a window to cold air is not the source of the cold virus. Your husband may be carrying it but not sickened by it, and he just passed it on to you.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Thank you, it was a nasty evening and night with fever over 101F (38.4 C) but without sweat, it give me a little scare since the blood pressure was high and heart rate over 120 but decided to go through and let the body kill the cold on itself without anti fever meds and fasting for 24h and it worked, my smell and taste is back this morning no running nose, just a little '' cleaning'' cough but the fever is gone. I hope it is finally over now. The anual 24H colds are short and intense but thankfully lasting not that long.
The best thing you can do. I use to make me also herbal tea a lot, Thym, camomille ,Ginger,or whatever is good to support and boost the immun system. I am not often sick and when very short. The last Influenza which I had, a few years ago was a beast, 3 days knock out.
Glad to hear you are well again. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The best thing you can do. I use to make me also herbal tea a lot, Thym, camomille ,Ginger,or whatever is good to support and boost the immun system. I am not often sick and when very short. The last Influenza which I had, a few years ago was a beast, 3 days knock out.
Glad to hear you are well again. :)
Last time I got it bad was 12 months ago, 2 weeks in bed the worse ever I had, this time was just 24h cold virus, I feel like tomorrow I will be running up again.
I loved ginger but now it gives me heartburn. Camomille my favorite herbal tea good for everything. My doc told me to drink warm water with pinch of salt and sugar and slice of lemon, it absorbing better this way and clean mocus by dissolving it in the throat. Especially in the beginning. Flu don't catch me often maybe 3 times in the last 12 years.
my hubby never had flu in the last 20 years. He is super resistant.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
I loved ginger but now it gives me heartburn. Camomille my favorite herbal tea good for everything.
I have a huge shelf with herbal ingredients . Melisse, Citronelle, Poppy, Thym , camomille , name them all. Love to make different herbal teas for any occasions. Buy me also many finished mixes . Currently I find a herb for helping me to loose some weight . Not much, 3-5 kg , but it is a pain during curfew and confinement times.
However it works. At last I stay away from cakes and biscuit . It tastes really nasty, very bitter, but for this you have no desire for sweet anymore.
Warm water with salt makes me :sick: .Try it once and could not stop to empty my stomach .
Flu is nasty. Fortunately it stay away from me most of the time. 2 weeks must be the hell.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I have a huge shelf with herbal ingredients . Melisse, Citronelle, Poppy, Thym , camomille , name them all. Love to make different herbal teas for any occasions. Buy me also many finished mixes . Currently I find a herb for helping me to loose some weight . Not much, 3-5 kg , but it is a pain during curfew and confinement times.
However it works. At last I stay away from cakes and biscuit . It tastes really nasty, very bitter, but for this you have no desire for sweet anymore.
Warm water with salt makes me :sick: .Try it once and could not stop to empty my stomach .
Flu is nasty. Fortunately it stay away from me most of the time. 2 weeks must be the hell.
Well for 20 oz of water a small pinch of salt with sugar and lemon is not that nasty, it taste little like Alka seltzer somehow but working. I used a lot of herbs when I was in Europe, even made one for color my hair silver-lila tone. But need to be fresh from the field, a lot of stuff in USA looks silimar but total different stuff.
If I have cravings for sweets and trying to get down couple of pounds I smell vanilla, the cravings go away in a second.

The last one was a hell, my friends from Florida bring it for New Year Eve, propadly catch it on the plain. Every one got sick but my hubby as usual not, but he was a great nurse lol I lost my voice totally , had to use Alexa text to voice for communication. Lol

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Well for 20 oz of water a small pinch of salt with sugar and lemon is not that nasty, it taste little like Alka seltzer somehow but working. I used a lot of herbs when I was in Europe, even made one for color my hair silver-lila tone. But need to be fresh from the field, a lot of stuff in USA looks silimar but total different stuff.
If I have cravings for sweets and trying to get down couple of pounds I smell vanilla, the cravings go away in a second.

The last one was a hell, my friends from Florida bring it for New Year Eve, propadly catch it on the plain. Every one got sick but my hubby as usual not, but he was a great nurse lol I lost my voice totally , had to use Alexa text to voice for communication. Lol

I used to buy my herbs in a Herboristerie and collect many by my own and also grow them. We have here in France fortunately , till now very strict laws for those who sell herbal. So to buy in a Herboristerie is very safe and you get what is written on the package.
Have to try this with the vanilla. Becomes unacceptable with my pilgrimage to the biscuit shelf LOL And this new herb I have, taste really nasty.

My husband is also such a robust guy. During my stomach flue I ask him every hour if he really don't feel sick like me...No he don't .He was pretty fine. Also with cold and stuff he is very robust. His conclusion, he has no time to get sick , thats why :cautious: