• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne's Creations Freebies

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Lovely work Lyne and I would imagine that Poses would be fine as they would still need to have the injection files or shapes for it to work.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh noooo nooo nooo... got all "done"... made nice thumbs.... and because I posed the cat with it's BODY, he won't go in the right position...now trying to 0 out the body trans...and do it all with HIP?!?! ARGH !!!!!! DARN DARN DARN DARN! Diva laying down HAS to have her body NOT 0'd.... but ... oh never mind, I HATE THIS... but I'll get it...fixed 3, it's the fourth one that's got me going nuts. :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, always move the body by the HIP, not the Body xyz trans, or the figure will move in space when you apply the pose. If you have it set right now with a 10 on the body y trans, just make that zero, and put 10 on the hip.

Only exception to that is if it is a "go to" pose (like if there's a throne you are creating the poses for and the pose is meant to place the figure ON the throne.

When you save the pose, unselect anything other than that figure where it has you select the subset.

Then be sure to unselect "Morph Channels" and "Body Transformation" in the box that comes up after you name the pose.

People would want to parent one figure to the other, then they should be able to move the parent figure and the other will follow. They then can apply any pose to either figure.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Alisa ... huh? There is NO go to... I instruct folks to PARENT cat to Diva chest 1 AFTER applying each one's pose in my readme.... I saved the POSE of each with both boxes checked - I have to, or the expressions and easy pose, my body part adjustments to make the pose work/look right don't work.... assume THAT is ok to do.

But to fix the pose, I can't do what you suggest.... I had (stupidly forgotten this poser rule) used BOTH HIP and BODY to move the figures into the positions I wanted, so will have to fight that cat to get it to sit right... I almost got the last pose to work... sigh. I'll keep at it.... (now typed too long, eeepp!) :(

It's just that the hip does not move 'right' or logically for some moving/control.... sigh sigh sigh.... but Thank you for trying to help, Alisa!

at least I can go HAPPY SHOPPING in the store this am!! :)

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
:) Yes, I know you don't have any Go to. That was just a general comment ;)

Hope you get it worked out soon!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WOOO HOOOO!!! MY BETA TESTER FOUND THE SECRET!! YAY YAY!! :happyflip:

FYI - I am so thankful to "Flint_Hawk" - my best friend and beta tester... our brains work
well with and for each other! LOL!

Words from my Readme for this set, (and will post in large letters on the freebie page for this set):
-----------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT- TO USE MY Diva & House Cat Poses:

1. Load Diva and the HW house cat.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!
EACH FIGURE SHOULD BE "RESTORED" BEFORE AND IN BETWEEN APPLYING ANY POSES!
APPLY THE POSE FOR DIVA FIRST!! Then apply the matching pose for the house cat.

2. After you apply the poses for each figure that you like, then:
PARENT THE CAT TO DIVA'S "CHEST 1"!
This way, you can turn DIVA a little one way or another and the cat will stay in position.

3. You may need to adjust the cat slightly for any clothing/hair you use on Diva.
---------------------------------

So all is well, just have to do my promo image now! :applause:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, "restoring" to the default pose while checking to see which pose you want to use, is a good idea. Otherwise, you never know what portion of the previous pose doesn't get moved to the new pose correctly.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I did "O" out all cat-body trans... then did the best I could re-doing each pose... but the TRICK that makes them work together really IS
to APPLY DIVA'S POSE first, then the cat goes to the right place... very strange, but hey, it works! LOL!

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Thank you Lyne! I went and downloaded them, I'm going to go do the remap part now :)

And those poses, oh my gosh cute!!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Welcome! And now... presenting:

DivaCatPosesPromo.jpg

Visit this page on my website to download: LyneFree38