• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Hw Products

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
to me it looks more copper or bronze, brass is more gold (although does change depending on the alloy mix)
main-qimg-f05017e648bd8eeee88f0e3c6185a36e.png No12grommets_all.jpg (thumbnails, click to view larger)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, the glossiness is good for metal or glass, but depending on what you want to use it for, less gloss is probably better.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the dress. I recently made the mistake of updating my Poser to SR8. It's been trying to copulate with me as often as it can ever since.:sneaky:

Looks like that update could be the cause then as I had no problems in the cloth room and I did a series of simulations. It crashed once on trying to render but again nothing to do with the dress, it seems that Poser sometimes has problems when switching from the precalculating indirect light pass and the precalculating subsurface scattering pass. It can fail randomly anywhere of course but this seems a regular place.

The dress is lovely and, as you would expect for a Lully creation, behaves itself very well in the cloth room (even in the hands of an idiot like me).

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yeah, the dress is high poly, especially the top, I mentioned that in one of my posts, done so the creases are fine rather than clumsy woolly affair.

Re metal, not sure it looks like either, its too dark,. Copper (if untarnished) is pinky orange and brass is slightly darker than gold

If it's tarnished, it could resemble copper, but will need some sort of patina with certain amount of green in it

to me it looks more like smokey mirror, those you use to get in the 80s,
upload_2017-12-1_13-49-22.jpeg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the dress. I recently made the mistake of updating my Poser to SR8. It's been trying to copulate with me as often as it can ever since.:sneaky:

ROFL, not laughing at you, Earl, just with you. You have to laugh so you don't cry.

I haven't installed SR8 because I was in the middle of getting the Dawn and Dusk Red Carpet set into the store. And I learned a long time back never, ever upgrade my system when in the middle of a big production.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yeah, the dress is high poly, especially the top, I mentioned that in one of my posts, done so the creases are fine rather than clumsy woolly affair.

Re metal, not sure it looks like either, its too dark,. Copper (if untarnished) is pinky orange and brass is slightly darker than gold

If it's tarnished, it could resemble copper, but will need some sort of patina with certain amount of green in it

to me it looks more like smokey mirror, those you use to get in the 80s,
View attachment 32843

I did read your post mentioning the high number of polys so it was not a surprise. As I mentioned it was not an issue in the cloth room but I noticed it when trying to use the morph brush but that was because of poke-through on my character so not an issue with the dress. It did work but you could not say it was flowing but that was down to my character and my system.

The dress itself ie great and I understand the principle of the high polys and it certainly worked in practice.

I love your examples of the different metals really well chosen, particularly the mirrors, I was wondering what the material reminded me of when I first saw it but I could not put my finger on it.

Hornet3d

Wise
ROFL, not laughing at you, Earl, just with you. You have to laugh so you don't cry.

I haven't installed SR8 because I was in the middle of getting the Dawn and Dusk Red Carpet set into the store. And I learned a long time back never, ever upgrade my system when in the middle of a big production.

That seems such a wise precaution no matter how much you may trust a company with updates. I tend to have a similar view with new technology preferring to be on the leading edge but not the bleeding edge and always wait until I have enough free time to sort out possible problems before buying/upgrading.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I did read your post mentioning the high number of polys so it was not a surprise. As I mentioned it was not an issue in the cloth room but I noticed it when trying to use the morph brush but that was because of poke-through on my character so not an issue with the dress. It did work but you could not say it was flowing but that was down to my character and my system.

The dress itself ie great and I understand the principle of the high polys and it certainly worked in practice.

I love your examples of the different metals really well chosen, particularly the mirrors, I was wondering what the material reminded me of when I first saw it but I could not put my finger on it.

You could try turning the subD off and then back on before rendering? I'm sure I have it on in both preview and render (can't check now my pc is also grinding to a halt with a Daz render. Can just manage the internet.

If the dress was for sale, I probably would have attempted to lower the polygons, but to be honest I would have had to faff about with it in ZBrush to make it look decent again and this was, in all honesty, a dirty model (as in not cleaned up/polished, adding mat zones added in post MD stages, then tweaked to death in hexagon)

When I saw the metal I immediately thought of mirror. My mum has those tiles behind her fireplace, but I think they are grey rather than brown.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist

Jeez! been there done that.

Instead of upgrading, I bought a firewall/security suite from ZoneAlarm, only to have everything turn cerise in DAZ, then the whole programme went bang as my postSQL thingy wouldn't work. Couldn't use Daz for months. Found out that zonealarm was the cuprit, but before then I took my PC back to factory basics and lost the project I was working on plus a whole heap of things that I forgot to back up. My mistake, but I was so frustrated at things going wrong (at that point pp11 stopped too) that I just snapped and reformatted on the spot. (yes I am a silly moobag :confused:)

Now I pay for McAfee, which hasn't been a problem.

Hornet3d

Wise
Jeez! been there done that.

Instead of upgrading, I bought a firewall/security suite from ZoneAlarm, only to have everything turn cerise in DAZ, then the whole programme went bang as my postSQL thingy wouldn't work. Couldn't use Daz for months. Found out that zonealarm was the cuprit, but before then I took my PC back to factory basics and lost the project I was working on plus a whole heap of things that I forgot to back up. My mistake, but I was so frustrated at things going wrong (at that point pp11 stopped too) that I just snapped and reformatted on the spot. (yes I am a silly moobag :confused:)

Now I pay for McAfee, which hasn't been a problem.

I used to use an encryption program for a number of years and all of a sudden it would not launch and I got an saying the program, was corrupted. I took days uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail then did a system restore stepping back until it worked then looked for the changes guess what - Zonealarm update. Later on Zonealarm had another issue, I can't remember the exact issue as it was a few years ago but I know it was not an easy fix. I had paid for Zonealarm and was annoyed to find it was a known issue so I switched and never went back. There days I use F-secure.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I used to use an encryption program for a number of years and all of a sudden it would not launch and I got an saying the program, was corrupted. I took days uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail then did a system restore stepping back until it worked then looked for the changes guess what - Zonealarm update. Later on Zonealarm had another issue, I can't remember the exact issue as it was a few years ago but I know it was not an easy fix. I had paid for Zonealarm and was annoyed to find it was a known issue so I switched and never went back. There days I use F-secure.

Yeah, I paid for Zonealarm, although it was only a fiver as it was massively discounted. Now I pay nearly 70 a year for MacAfee. I had F-secure when virgin media was giving it for a year with the bband. after which, I got a new pc with the MacAfee free for a year and then after that expired I got the ZoneAlarm issue.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
lol couldnt resist. Gotta love Alfred.

My seven year itch dress, moira hair on Genesis 8 Male. Run through Topaz Studio with my pinup filter (there you go Rae, that is what I wanted it for) :roflmao:

upload_2017-12-1_18-48-23.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:applause: looks great :D Was it the one I found or was there another Alfred running around?

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
:applause: looks great :D Was it the one I found or was there another Alfred running around?

Someone kindly did a genesis 8 male morph for me to a close likeness then I used power pose to do the rest. There's a lot of post work involved as well.