• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lully's Freebies

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hi All,
I've uploaded my first freebie to resources.

I'll add to this thread as and when I upload more, I do have one other I am working on so hopefully will be up later this week.

Cheers
Dawn (oh called it Lully's Freebies as Dawn's freebies will be confusing, :D

First up....

...............................................................................................................................................................​

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very pretty...are they just seamless textures? If so they could be used in DS or Photoshop also. Just noticed you said MT5 format...does that include the texture file? Thanks Pen

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
you're welcome all, I got myself filterforge5 pro so went a bit mad the other week doing tiles, lol.

Hey Pen,
The image jpgs are seamless tiles so they can be used to flood fill stuff or add to an image dial of your choice in daz, they may work in daz but I added a scale node for easy rescaling so not sure if that translates over to daz as it's a maths function node, its connection is after the image node so it may load but be at 1x1 scale and you can rescale on the hori and verti tile dials.

It's all done under a poser runtime structure so the jpgs are in the textures folder if you wanna go grab them out for flood filling.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pen -

.mt5 means it's a Poser material file that will load the textures. The. mt5 files do not function in DS. That is the Poser equivalent of a DS shader.

Dawn -
I'm.. actually in the process of making DS versions so I can use these pretty textures in my renders. :D DS does have a scaling function, it's just accessed in a different way is all. I am putting together DS mats for these... do you want me to pass the files to you when they're done? I was going to just zip them up like I did for the Playthings, but if you would rather control distribution, I can just send them your way when they're done. (They would not involve distribution of textures; just the mat files. The user would still need to come to your freebies for the actual textures.)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Pen -

.mt5 means it's a Poser material file that will load the textures. The. mt5 files do not function in DS. That is the Poser equivalent of a DS shader.

Dawn -
I'm.. actually in the process of making DS versions so I can use these pretty textures in my renders. :D DS does have a scaling function, it's just accessed in a different way is all. I am putting together DS mats for these... do you want me to pass the files to you when they're done? I was going to just zip them up like I did for the Playthings, but if you would rather control distribution, I can just send them your way when they're done. (They would not involve distribution of textures; just the mat files. The user would still need to come to your freebies for the actual textures.)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh yes please, :)

if you can send them over to me ill add to my cloud and add the link to the same page so that people wont miss it, think that would be easier,
I did think mt5 worked in daz if you did the poser format but obviously I'm wrong, I do intend to start learning daz after new year, it's my New Year's resolution, Might take until the following new year to get anywhere though lol

I'm gonna start with shaders and Iray stuff first, then bit by bit will learn other things, I did try once before but think I tried to learn a bit of everything and learnt nothing so this time I'm taking it a section at a time, at present I'm trying to get to grips with superfly, spent 4 hours trying to work out the mats for firefly and superfly in p11 as the p10 stuff didn't work right, (it isn't backward compatible in some things)

I'll send over my email address in PM, don't like putting it up here for those bots to find,

Edited to add fankoo, forgot me manners then was too excited!

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
oh pants, i cant work out how to do a private messges,

removed*

ill delete it after i hear from you, its not as if we are live yet,

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
As far as I can tell, the mt5 files are Poser only, yes. I frequently am in the Poser formats with my renders, and so far I've not seen a .mt5 actually load. Which is why I started working on DS mats. LOL

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
As far as I can tell, the mt5 files are Poser only, yes. I frequently am in the Poser formats with my renders, and so far I've not seen a .mt5 actually load. Which is why I started working on DS mats. LOL
Do mc6 formats show, if they do it might be those I was thinking of instead, if not I've gone mad! o_O

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
.pz2 files are what shows. :)
.mc6 can easily be converted over to .pz2.

Any "extra" info (such as math, phong, blinn, etc) will get lost in translation between the two programs, but converting an .mc6 to .pz2 will allow us to load at least the texture maps.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Do mc6 formats show, if they do it might be those I was thinking of instead, if not I've gone mad! o_O
From what I remember, and I never upgraded past DS 4.0 Pro when I got Genesis1/V5/M5, but with version 4 DS now can see the Materials library we see in Poser. Whether that includes mt5 files and not just mc6 files, that I'm not sure. I don't know what I have that's in mt5 format that I could test, but I do know you can access that whole directory now, whereas you couldn't with earlier versions of DS.

As Seliah mentioned, mt5 may be more of a "shader" type of material than a simple "texture" set, and those won't be usable in DS.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
mt5 you just click and it changes whatever is selected so you can use it on lots of things, so suppose its a shader, the mc6 is a collection that specifically links to a garment and the mat zones within that garment, so if i had a dress with a collar and cuffs, i can make an mc6 file to change all zones but also an mc6 file to just change the collar and cuffs,

if you look at an mc6 material applied its identical to the mt5 material in the mat room, only difference is is where its applied to

its a shame a lot of nodes get lost in translation because they are specific to poser, the image node isn't as you got that in daz, but stuff like ambient occlusion, sss doesn't go over, on those mats ive put up it is a basic image node off the main posersurface, i tried to keep it simple as possible in the hopes it worked in daz, there is a rescale off of the image node but if mt5 dont work then its irrelevant lol

heck even pre p11 doesn't always work in p11, the ezskin comes out black with silver dots, the noise node is different now and doesn't translate right, antistrophic or whatever it's called doesn't in superfly, its fine in firefly,

heck I've waffled and you probably knew all this anyway, sorry, :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was reading about the anisotropic for specular not working in PP11's Superfly. I had finally got around to playing with it for highlights on nails and lips, and now it doesn't work if I want to render with Superfly. Well I think it's going to be a while before I actually get around to playing in Superfly with any regularity, so maybe someone will figure out how to get it to work. This is my first Pro version of Poser, and I've got other things I need to learn how to use before I start playing with a Cycles-like render engine. I liked Cycles in Blender the one time I used it, but that wasn't a character I was rendering, so didn't have to try getting a character skin to render well.

Oh, well, one of these days.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
yeah the anisotropic looks like spaghetti in superfly, there is a special node for it but not tested that out much, they also need to sort out the gpu thing, I've heard that don't work either, I tried it on my old pc and crashed, even on my new machine it only does one square at a time, the cpu uses 8, I'm not even sure which way round the cpu and gpu is, the drop down is geforce so assumed that was gpu but its slower.

I've managed to get a fairly decent satin, velvet and lace from it, some things do transfer over but think the character creators will have a bit of a headache with sss, even BB can't get it to work right, snarley posted a good "sweat" skin over at RDNA the other day, so maybe he's updating ezskin/ezmat (fingers crossed)

from my understanding the cycles recipes on the net are supposed to work in poser superfly but not even attempted to track those down,

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
OK another freebie is up, this time I've done them simple and have also included pz2 mats (yay!) thanks Seliah for reminding me about how to convert, found your other post :D

PS did you know if you click on the image it goes full size :)

stagepreview.jpg

DS4.7+ (not sure bout 4.5) can read the basic .mc6's now if that will help any. DS still can't use like poser nodes for colors or poser nodes for sparkles & such. DS still can't read the mt5's though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
yeah the anisotropic looks like spaghetti in superfly, there is a special node for it but not tested that out much, they also need to sort out the gpu thing
From what I've read, the GPU rendering system only works with nVidia graphics cards. I don't have one on this laptop, so would have to go with CPU rendering until I get a new computer with an nVidia card. My old Dell laptop had one, and I miss it.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
you're welcome all, I got myself filterforge5 pro so went a bit mad the other week doing tiles, lol.

Hey Pen,
The image jpgs are seamless tiles so they can be used to flood fill stuff or add to an image dial of your choice in daz, they may work in daz but I added a scale node for easy rescaling so not sure if that translates over to daz as it's a maths function node, its connection is after the image node so it may load but be at 1x1 scale and you can rescale on the hori and verti tile dials.

It's all done under a poser runtime structure so the jpgs are in the textures folder if you wanna go grab them out for flood filling.

Thanks Dawn, I thought that would be the case...the standard surface tab in DS allows for Scaling but you can also add a tiler brick in shader mixer also.

Pen -

Thanks Seliah...I did know it was a Poser file I was just unsure whether there were seamless textures included.

I don't think I've heard much about the mt5's previously though, I thought most people used mc6's even when including the different nodes in the material room.